Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) I need to lie (Read 35356 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Guest

I need to lie
Apr 8th, 2004 at 11:25am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have a poly coming up within the next month.  My problem is I have taken steroids in the past, and have already told the department I have not.  I was advised there was no way I would get hired if I did not lie, so I need to get ready for the polygraph.  I am about to read the online book from this site, but if anyone has any special tricks that work for them, it would be great.  I have a good reputation with this organization, so would possibly be able to convince me even if the readings are a little shaky.  Please give me some advice.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PDD-Fed

Re: I need to lie
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2004 at 3:06pm
Quote:
I have a poly coming up within the next month.  My problem is I have taken steroids in the past, and have already told the department I have not.  I was advised there was no way I would get hired if I did not lie, so I need to get ready for the polygraph.  I am about to read the online book from this site, but if anyone has any special tricks that work for them, it would be great.  I have a good reputation with this organization, so would possibly be able to convince me even if the readings are a little shaky.  Please give me some advice.  

Ladies and Gentlemen.

The quote above is the "bottom line" of exactly what this website is about.  The losers who have made a life of posting here shroud themselves in righteousness indignation over the polygraph communities' "constant stream of victims."  They rant on false positives and false negatives.  They attack on grounds ranging from polygraph research, to countermeasures, to violation of rights to privacy.

But it is ALL a smokescreen...

It is in the last line of the paragraph above the truth most closely resides.  These people intensely believe their "right to privacy" means they have an inherent right to lie, conceal, and deceive, and that the government, police, authorities, have no right to get to the truth under any circumstances or by any means.  Truth is, with one notable exception, the anti-polygraph people on this site are dedicated to the elimination of any form of lie detection, present or future.  In fact, the more promising a new technology or method, the more intensely these people fight.

The reason for this behavior is quite simple to understand once one stands back and looks at it in the light of day.  Like the person quoted at the top of this message, these people NEED to lie, deceive, and conceal, to get what they want (jobs, property, access to victims in a myriad of forms).  They strongly fear being caught in a lie then explode into volcanoes of righteous fury when they are in fact, caught.  Like many others in our narcissistic society, these people have an "entitlement mentality."  They childishly believe the advantages of life are due them and cannot handle the plain fact that one MUST PAY for the things one has done in life...

If you have done drugs, you DON'T get the job...
If you stole the money, you will LOSE the job...
If you molest kids again, you WILL go back to prison...

I make no apoligies for having dedicated my life to making sure society is protected from YOU.

Yes, over the years I have put many of YOU into prison, have kept many of YOU from getting assess to classified information, badges and guns, positions of trust, and...

The innocent who cannot otherwise defend themselves from YOU.

I am quite proud to be called your "enemy."

PDD=Fed...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BlackJhack
User

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2004 at 6:56pm
PDD-f*g,
Why are you trying to act like you are some type of fake-ass crime fighter? Who are you protecting me from sitting in your little room, playing with some little machine that can obviously be beat. In your post you act as if you are doing me and the rest of the world a huge favor. I think we should give credit to the "real" crime fighters of the world like police-officers,deputies, correctional officers and Aqua-man. I bet you feel embarassed knowing that you have wasted your life making innocent people into liars. If you weren't scared that people could learn how to beat your lame machine, I don't think you would waste your time posting here. Please stop acting like you are a hero, you offend those that are. Go take a bullet protecting somebody's life or something and then come back and tell us what a hero you are. Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Canadian Crusader
Senior User

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2004 at 7:15pm
PDD-Fed,

If you are as smart as you would have yourself believe, why can't you take a look at the whole story "in the light of day" and admitt that not all antipoly people here are liers, rapists, theives or drugs users with something to hide.   Or are you so far gone that after years of law enforcement, dealing with the scum of society day in and day out, you subconsciously project your paranoia that everyone who is not a cop must be a bad guy? 

Remove those rose colored glasses they seem to hand all you polygraphers at graduation, take some of your own advise and subjectively and intelligently look and the overwhelming tones of antipoly posters here.  To me there seems to be a consensus that the poly is denying quite a few people of their rights and dreams due to the high false positive failure rate.   

Yes, yes there are people who are going to use the information contained within this site and it's posts to doop your machine and pass when they should probably be put behind bars.  However, what makes you the almighty judge and jury that gets to decide my fate when I went into the poly, told the 100% truth and was still labelled a lier.   

It is people like myself, that know for fact they were telling the truth, got labelled deceptive by one persons word and are given no path of recourse to appeal that decision.  Am I supposed to take one for the team?  Put the needs of the many in front of the needs of the few?  This is the United States and Canada, both of which were supposed to be democracys last time I checked.  You are damned right I am pissed and "exploded into a volcano of righteous fury" when I was told I was not telling the truth when I knew I was.   

If after browsing through these posts, you still maintain that all of us are liers, thieves, rapists and drug users so be it.  You made it, you passed the poly and fulfilled your dream of law enforcement.  You are afforded the priviledge to look down on everyone else and pass your jaded judgement onto all.  Be as proud as you want to call yourself our enemy.   

If getting into law enforcement meant I too would have become as soured, bitter and jaded towards the rest of society as yourself, then I am quite proud to have not passed your test.  Thanks for doing your job and thanks for posting your views.  It helps ease the pain of not becoming a cop.  You just made me feel that much better that I see people and life in a little more positive light than yourself.  I am going home tonight to have a nice relaxing dinner and hold my wife on the couch.  You go home tonight, in paranoia that the world is full of rapist, drug dealers, liers and thieves and see who sleeps better.  Sweet dreams.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Reply #4 - Apr 9th, 2004 at 3:46am
Canadian Crusader,

Many readers of this message board agree with you Crusader…

Well said!

Triple x

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #5 - Apr 9th, 2004 at 11:26am
Canadian Crusader,

Well said!

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2004 at 12:20pm
PDD-Fed,

If AntiPolygraph.org's "bottom line" were genuinely that which you allege it to be, wouldn't you think that posts like yours would be deleted? Or is our commitment to open and uncensored discussion and debate of polygraph issues also part of the elaborate "smokescreen" of which you speak?

???

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box David

Reply #7 - Apr 9th, 2004 at 10:35pm
I'm preparing to cross-examine the world renowned Dr. Charles Honts, he is currently the top of his field which is polygraphy.  He claims that its difficult to beat the machine, however, over the years he has studied many "counter measures" i.e. ways to beat the lie detector.  His most noted study involved having the person pressing on his toes during the controled questions, not the relevant ones; also biting your tongue between the questions; those are two of the physical counter measures one can try, a mental measure is counting slowly backwards from seven between questions.  His research showed that 50% of those who practiced these exercises for less than 30 minutes passed or beat the machine.  Dr. Honts has methons to counter these counters for instance, he has a guage under the chair to measure a shift in weight if the person pushes on his toes.  Look up his work and also that of Dr. Raskin in various countermeasures.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest

Reply #8 - Apr 13th, 2004 at 12:57pm
Hello
can someone please help me out with my original post?  I want to be a good cop, and am not a "recreational" drug user.  I used the drugs to enhance myself, and made the mistake because it was illegal.  Not to debate that issue, but I must lie because this department will not take anyone who has injected into themself.   Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kona
Very Senior User

Reply #9 - Apr 14th, 2004 at 5:26am
Guest,

I don't think you're going to find too many sympathetic ears offering up pointers on how to lie your way through a polygraph.  Given the serious nature of your offense (injecting an illegal substance into your body), you might want to opt for another line of work.   

Good luck.

Kona

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BlackJhack
User

Reply #10 - Apr 14th, 2004 at 7:31pm
I know how much it can suck to hear bad news, but I have to agree with Kona. I wouldn't ever tell anybody to stop the pursuit of a life dream, but I think you have tough road ahead of you. I don't know of any agency that will allow you to become an officer if you have used intraveneous drugs. Newport beach is about the most liberal department I know of, and they will accept (depending on circumstances) the experimentation of any drug with the exception of injectables. They are more acceptable of experimentation, because they aggresively hire college graduates. They, of course, assume that college students will "experiment" more than the average person. As far as the lying goes, that isn't what this website is about. It is for those of us that are honest and have nothing to hide. It is a guide to help insure that we pass. It is your perogative to use the information from this website as you please, but I would never encourage anybody to lie. The police departments have policies and procedures for a reason. It is not up to us to decide whether or not we want to follow them. They are looking for the absolute best, so if there is something you have done in your life that is a permanent disqualifier it doesn't mean your a bad person, it just means that you aren't qualified to hold that position. Don't take it personally, just feel good knowing that qualified, honest people are being hired to protect our communities.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mike3358
New User

Reply #11 - May 1st, 2004 at 9:17am
There are people in law enforcement that got there after taking pre-employment polys right now who lie, cheat, steal, assault, murder and break a variety of other laws, but a guy who used steroids in the past is a bad man?
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2004 at 4:03pm by mike3358 »  

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #12 - May 2nd, 2004 at 3:23am
0.mike3358 wrote on May 1st, 2004 at 9:17am:
There are people in law enforcement that got there after taking pre-employment polys right now who lie, cheat, steal, assault, murder and break a variety of other laws, but a guy who used steroids in the past is the "enemy"?

Mike,

I don't think that anyone here called the person in question "the enemy," as you so eloquently put it.  I simply opined that given the nature of his illegal activity, he might not be the best choice for the position of police officer recruit.   

This guy admitted to injecting an illegal substance (steroids) into his body.  Maybe I'm going way out on a limb here, but if he was willing to inject something into his body that was illegal and very dangerous, then I've got to wave the bullshit flag, and seriously question this person's JUDGEMENT.   We're not talking about smoking pot here, we're talking about syringes, needles, and serious drugs.   

If I were on the hiring board of a police department, I would pass on this guy in a New York minute.  It's nothing personal, but why hire a person that demonstrated extremely poor judgement when there are thousands of others out there that got through life without sticking a needle in their arm? 

As for your observation that there are police officers out there right now that are murderers, thieves, etc....I would venture to say that they are certainly the rare exception, not the rule.  That is why police departments have an Internal Affairs Bureau; to investigate and prosecute dirty cops to the fullest extent of the law.   

Kona 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mike3358
New User

Reply #13 - May 4th, 2004 at 4:14pm
Kona wrote on May 2nd, 2004 at 3:23am:

I don't think that anyone here called the person in question "the enemy," 

You're right, my fault and pardon my eloquence.

I guess my point goes back to the reason this board is here, to debate the before mentioned tests.

All I'm saying is that a guy who passes a poly is not always a good person and a guy who fails a poly is not always a bad person.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #14 - May 5th, 2004 at 8:26am
mike3358 wrote on May 4th, 2004 at 4:14pm:

All I'm saying is that a guy who passes a poly is not always a good person and a guy who fails a poly is not always a bad person.

Concur with that 100%.

Kona

IP Logged

I need to lie

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X