Normal Topic Dallas police Department (Read 12834 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SUNZ

Dallas police Department
Mar 18th, 2004 at 10:01pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I was just wondering if anyone had any info on the Dallas police deparmtment regarding thier polygraph and hiring process. Any info regarding the backround check would be helpful thank you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Re: Dallas police Department
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2004 at 6:11am
sunz

I don't know anything of their poly policy but, according to the paper, they hired quite a number without regard to the poly results. I guess they are in the process of re-poly.

Are you sure you want to work for that outfit. The city government, including the police dept. is in disaray. The chief was recently fired. To many elected and appointed officials that has no idea of how to run a railroad. The sheriff is under a felony indictment and the deputies don't want to work for him the rest of this year. He lost the election.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SUNZ

Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2004 at 9:45am
I believe that they have always used a poly. You are absolutely  right the department has a ton of problems. They also have a very weird way of doing an applicants backround check as well. If anyone has any info on the department please let me know.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box luke272
New User

Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2004 at 1:17am
Quote:
I don't know anything of their poly policy but, according to the paper, they hired quite a number without regard to the poly results. I guess they are in the process of re-poly.

What exactly do you mean " They hired quite a number without regard to the poly results"? Also what do you mean by "there are in the process of re-poly"? 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2004 at 4:30am
luke272

It's been awhile back and I don't remember many details but, the Dallas Morning News (and a friend of mine saw it on TV) reported that quite a number of cadets were hired that didn't exactly pass the poly test. It appears the hiring process disregarded the poly results. Hell, one or two were felons. I remember reading, later, that one felon was fired. The paper stated that the 25 or 30 new hires would be re-polygraphed (re-poly).

IP Logged

New User

Reply #5 - Mar 24th, 2004 at 7:57am
wow, that is crazy. They actually hired a convicted felon? or was he just accucused of being a felon because of the poly?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box george

Reply #6 - Mar 24th, 2004 at 6:33pm
Is this currently a difficult department to get on with, Are their BI checks tough to pass.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #7 - Mar 24th, 2004 at 10:25pm
Their Background investigations are very strict. Due to the recent problems the department has increased the depth and intensity of the background investigations for all new applicants. A recruiter told me that they have one of the highest applicant disqualification rates around. He also told me that they have been disqualifying so many applicants that they are testing all over the place to find qualified applicants. If you have one problem in any area of the hiring process you are disqualified. From people I know that applied there (recently) they said it was very difficult in comparison with most other police/sheriff departments. This is all due to the recent problems the department had with officers and the chief. People I know in the department told me the department is under the microscope and they don’t want to take any chances so the hiring process has been made very difficult.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box info

Reply #8 - Apr 6th, 2004 at 12:35am
I recently went through the Dallas police hiring process in Texas and can tell you it is extremely difficult. It was by far the hardest out of all the agencies I have applied too. During my process I asked what the disqualification rate is and was told they have a 90% disqualification rate from applicats who apply. There hiring process is one of the hardest in the country. The Poly and backround diqualify most applicants as well as the physical ability test. It is a very hard agency to get on with.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ward

Reply #9 - Apr 9th, 2004 at 8:08am
Bullshit.     I know first hand that Dallas p.d. is not any harder than any other department to get on with.  Up until very recently, it was actually quite easy.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Info

Reply #10 - Apr 9th, 2004 at 9:26pm
You’re reply is Bullshit. You have no idea what you are talking about. I just went through the Dallas hiring process and spoke with members of the department. Well over three-quarters of the people I tested with didn’t even make it to the background investigation. I applied to allot of different departments and Dallas was by far the hardest. Call up and ask the recruiting team how many they usually disqualify through the hiring process.

IP Logged

Dallas police Department

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X