Normal Topic Test Result: Inconcliusive (Read 3701 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box K. Anderson

Test Result: Inconcliusive
Mar 9th, 2004 at 5:22pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I very recently took a polygraph test for a crime that I was accused of in which I have always claimed my innocence.  The first part of the test was to knowingly lie about what current month it was.  In that test I did use the countermeasures mentioned in the guide and I believe it worked because I saw the polygrapher hit a couple of keys on the keyboard after about 15 seconds or so when I told the lie.
The next part was divided into three tests with the same ten questions being asked.  The first two tests were with my eyes closed and the third was with my eyes open with the instruction to find a point on the wall and stare at it during the entire test.  The questions
were as follows: 4 questions about the accusations, 3 questions about whether or not I believed the polygrapher would not ask any other questions other than what we had previously discussed, and 3 questions about the first 28 years of my life, such as "In the first 28 years of your life did you ever hurt anyone?"  The polygrapher told me beforehand that if I lied on any part of the test, including the "first 28 years" questions, then I would fail the test.  He had me write the answers to the questions before starting the polygraph.  I DID lie on those 3 questions, but only after I realized how generalized and broad they were.  When I questioned the polygrapher about those 3 questions, he told me I COULD NOT change my original answers no matter what.  Up to this point, the guide had been dead on accurate.
During the test, I stuck to my original answers as instructed.  I kept in complete control of my breathing and I never flinched a single muscle.  But, I also never used any countermeasures.  After the testing ended, the polygrapher seemed a little frustrated and asked me if any of the questions bothered me, in particular, the "first 28 years" questions.  When I said no, he determined that the test was inconclusive and that he would not allow me retest at a later date.

Guess I should have used those countermeasures after all!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Truth
Very Senior User

Re: Test Result: Inconcliusive
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2004 at 5:51pm
So if you had passed, would you have been exonerated? Probably not if the police think YOU are the bad guy. If you had failed, you would be worse off than you are now. So what idiot talked you into taking the test in the first place?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box programmer04
New User

Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2004 at 8:25am
Here's the story without too many details:  The State Attorney's office dropped the charge against me within two weeks of being arrested.  But, the Department of Children and Families (DCF) got involved.  I was told to attend a class once a week at $30 per session that would take, at the very least, 26 weeks to complete in order to have certain rights and privileges given back to me.  The problem arrises within the class in which, from the very beginning, I HAVE to admit guilt in order to continue and complete the class.  This admission is recorded and sent to DCF who may then go to the court and have me arrested and convicted of the crime.  If I don't admit guilt, then I have two choices: 1) continue attending classes until I die or they get tired of seeing my face, or 2) take a polygraph and attempt to prove my innocence.  I agreed to take the polygraph, but that was before I found this website and discovered the truth.  Since I absolutely need my rights and privileges restored, I felt I had no choice.  I would be interested in hearing what you would have done in this or a similiar situation!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2004 at 4:51pm
programmer04

Not knowing your state's laws -- I believe only a court of law, in any state,  has the authoruty to require punishment. Since the charges have been dropped, I would say that you are free and clear. It appears that the state does not have sufficient evidence to continue on to court.

If I were in your shoes, I would decline ANY further attempts to trap me including a polygraph. What are they going to charge with if you if they re-arrest you? You are not breaking any court order.

Check with the AG's office and have them show you a statue that allows the DCF requirement. If there is no statue effecting this, then I would tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

I would also check with an attorney. It would be cheeper than $30 a session.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box programmer04
New User

Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2004 at 8:56pm
You wouldn't believe the amount of authority that has been given to DCF in Florida, even after all the criticism that they have recieved recently due to so many screwups including putting children in harmful situations.  In my case, my fiance and her children are involved.  DCF took custody away from her and made charges against her based on the charges that were made against me.  They have told her that she can get her kids back but if she wishes to continue a relationship with me then we would both have to bow down to them and complete their case plan before they give her kids back.  DCF has also stated that upon my completing my case plan, then they would CONSIDER letting me have SOME contact with her kids.  So therein lies the dilemma: I can not get married and live with my future wife until I finish the case plan especially if she has custody of the kids, AND I can not complete the class (part of the case plan) because I refuse to admit to something that I didn't do, AND the only alternative offered to completing the class is to take a polygraph which DCF said they would accept if I pass.

By the way, there is a statute of limitation for being re-arrested and re-charged with a crime if the original charge never went to trial, and DCF has the authority to make that charge against me, but I'm not sure what the limitation is.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2004 at 12:15am
Programmer04

I certainly do not know Florida law, but there is something wrong here. Has the legislature passed a law that makes DCF a law enforcement agency? Do they have the power to make arrests, file criminal charges, and prosecute? States with which I am familiar Childrens Service Divisions has far reaching power, as they certainly should because children MUST be protected, but their job is to gather evidence and turn it over to LE officials to file charges and prosecute. They can make recommendations to the court and they make strong witnesses but, it takes a court to decide the permanent welfare of the children involved.

If your charges was dropped and your girl friend's charges stemmed from yours, why wasn't her's dropped? Was she charged with a crime? As I stated before, you need some answers from your Attorney General's office or an attorney that knows Florida law.

If you are going with the polygraph, you should study and practice the countermeasures listed on this site because the stress of the subject matter is going to cause you to fail.

IP Logged

Test Result: Inconcliusive

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X