Normal Topic Failed my first Test. (Read 3379 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Driegerblade
New User

Failed my first Test.
Mar 9th, 2004 at 5:50am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I took my first polygraph and and failed.      I was accussed of studying anitpolygraph.org and trying to beat the BOX.  Until today I have never looked at any material to learn how to "beat the box".  I answered all questions with complete honesty.  The one question "in question" was  "Is there a secret reason you want to join the Irvine Police department?"  I thought the question humorous and let out a small chuckle.  The examiner then says I had a reaction with the secret question.  He kept telling me to breath normally.  I was just breathing like I always breath.  When I want to relax I have always praticed breathing in for two seconds and breathing out for four seconds.  I learned this relaxation technique from studying martial arts for years. I don't think they wanted me to relax.   

The examiner then repeated the questions because I had a "reaction" on the "Secret Question"  Knowing that the "secret question" was coming up again I think reacted in anticipation of the question. 

At the end of the test I was berrated with accusations of having cheated.  I took my polygraph in Santa Ana, Ca.  The polygrapher is the one who is the liar.  I cant help but wonder how many hundreds or thousands of honest people this polygrapher has discredited. 

I was very upset.  I beat out hundreds of applicants only to be cut at the end. 

I challenge any polygrapher out there to explain away the reason the U.S. court systems do not use polygraph tests in court.  I challenge the polygrapher whom administered my test to explain this.   

Since my failed test I have studied the polygraph testing process and have discovered overwhelming evidence that Polygraph machines DO NOT WORK.   

If they did Then Jiiters comments would be very true "If the polygraph was such a technological marvel and so accurate why have trials? If this machine is so magical why not put it to great use and ensure the innocent go free and the guilty pay? Imagine the different world we would be living in if the polygraph was all it is boasted to be. But it is not, and that is fact, not opinion." 

I will keep trying and will not give up.  Anyone else take the polygraph in Santa Ana, Ca? 

So What do you say if the polygrapher askes if you have been to this website and studied the polygraph machine?  If I say yes will that autamtically disqualify me in the future?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Failed my first Test.
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2004 at 8:47am
Driegerblade,

Whether or not to disclose one's knowledge of polygraphy is a tough choice -- no polygrapher is going to be happy to learn that an applicant knows about the trickery on which the "test" depends. Telling a polygrapher up front that you have read the information available on AntiPolygraph.org may result in an arbitrary accusation of deception and/or countermeasures.

On the other hand, many polygraphers are no doubt aware that more and more applicants are learning about polygraph procedure, and that not all of these are liars trying to beat the system. They might properly interpret an acknowledgement of having researched the polygraph as a sign of candor.

However, when I asked American Polygraph Association president Skip Webb how members of his organization should handle subjects who admit to knowledge of polygraph procedure, he did not provide a responsive reply:

http://antipolygraph.org/read.shtml#informed-subjects

Until such time as the polygraph community articulates how its members are to deal with those who admit to knowing about "the lie behind the lie detector," denying such knowledge may be the best option.

A possible exception is when one has been offered a "re-test" with an agency. By that stage, the polygrapher may well expect that the applicant will have researched polygraphy and may be less likely to believe any denial.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lacy Burleson

Re: Failed my first Test.
Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2004 at 10:01pm
You know I took one for a county Jail in Madera ca....The examiner made sure to tell me that one of the most important things about the hiring process was the use of illegal drugs. I had told him EVERYTHING about my PAST use....but whne it came time for the wuestion I was so nervous...i was thinking to myself god did I forget a time when I used?? Of course I failed the question "have you lied to me today about any of your illegal drug use?" He asked after the test is there anything you forgot to tell me? And of course I didnt know of anything. needless to say I didnt get the job because of that response. How do I answer that wuestion from now on without being nerves and being able to pass. I have alot of embarresment/ shame about my drug use, so I find it difficult to drown it out. anyone help?? Embarrassed

IP Logged

Failed my first Test.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X