Normal Topic Quick fix to recruitment problems (Read 2575 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fletch
New User

Quick fix to recruitment problems
Mar 4th, 2004 at 5:50pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
An excerpt from the Washington Post article entitled “Violence, Turnover Blunt CIA Effort in Iraq” explains that CIA is having recruitment problems:

Quote:
With the Bush administration's war on terrorism spread over five continents, and the hunt for Osama bin Laden intensifying as spring approaches, the agency "is stretched beyond their limits," even as it makes a historic drive for recruits, one senior CIA veteran said. … As an additional safeguard, and because of a shortage of CIA paramilitary personnel, the agency has also hired private security firms to protect bases and personnel. "We don't have enough people with skills required," one senior intelligence official said.”…To meet the demand for additional personnel, the CIA has turned to its reserves -- retirees who are willing to come back full time on short notice -- to fill many positions. To coax more people into the dangerous assignment, many officers and support staff are being rotated out of Iraq after 90-day stints.

I can think of one quick way to increase recruitment efforts by (at least) 50%. In fact, half of these ‘new’ recruits would already have most if not all of their paperwork completed.  Grin

Fletch

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box contractor

Re: Quick fix to recruitment problems
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2004 at 4:44am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Many of us contractors won't go over and help the feds because we don't want to submit to a poly. I don't want my professional reputation harmed by some bureaucrat with a quota. Lift the poly restriction, and many contractors would gladly join the efforts.

IP Logged

Quick fix to recruitment problems

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X