Normal Topic background invest, info sharing, fingerprint (Read 2591 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mtnbadge
New User

background invest, info sharing, fingerprint
Feb 28th, 2004 at 11:49pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
i applied for an agency and made it to the polygraph.  in attempt to be as honest as i could (i hadn't seen this website yet) i made a statement when asked if had had ever transported mj, to having friends in my life that i knew smoked marijuana, and having gave them rides (not knowing if marijuana was ever in my car, only knowing that pot smokers were)....DUMB, DUMB, DUMB...my over-simplification was all i needed for a DQ, for transportation of drugs.  the polygrapher classified this as transporting drugs...i guess.  so now when i apply somewhere else, will they find out that i took this polygraph? in another state?  i don't trust the polygrapher so i'm not putting it on apps.....so laughable to me because i am one of those "squares" that never even smoked weed, let alone another drug.  thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kona
Very Senior User

Re: background invest, info sharing, fingerprint
Reply #1 - Feb 29th, 2004 at 12:25am
Mtnbadge,

You are a classic example of a person that volunteered irrelevant information to your BI in order to make yourself appear 100% honest and cooperative.  If the question is: Did you ever transport drugs? The answer is NO, period.  Not: Well you know, this one time at band camp I was driving my car, and this guy, I can't remember his name right now, he might have talked about having a joint in his pocket, so yeah, I guess I did transport drugs.   Unfortunately, YOU were your own worst enemy during this Q&A period.   

As to lying about this on police application in another state (by omission), you will probably get caught, especially if they have already taken fingerprints, or run a National Criminal records check on you.  As soon as they find out you lied on your application.....adios my friend.   

Your best bet would be to explain the entire situation to your new BI, and hope for the best. 

Good luck.

Kona

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mtnbadge
New User

Reply #2 - Feb 29th, 2004 at 1:20am
thanks, i think i'm screwed either way...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kona
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Feb 29th, 2004 at 8:52am
mtnbadge wrote on Feb 29th, 2004 at 1:20am:
thanks, i think i'm screwed either way...

I disagree.

You're definitely screwed if you lie and get caught.  No doubt about that.  However, with a new BI at a different law enforcement agency, you might be able to explain in detail what transpired at your last Q&A session.  Just because you gave some friends a ride in your car that happened to be drug users doesn't mean they had possession of drugs in your car, and it certainly doesn't mean that you were a "transporter of drugs."  Completely ludicrous.

You never know, you might get an investigator with a sliver of intelligence, and a decent amount of common sense.  What do you have to lose?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Kona

IP Logged

background invest, info sharing, fingerprint

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X