*** This poll has now closed ***

Go to my moms like planned    
  1 (100.0%)
Let my dad mentally abuse me?    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: ashley on: Jan 27th, 2011 at 2:11am »
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Reply Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) NEW YORK STATE TROOPERS (Read 57257 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Matt12345

NEW YORK STATE TROOPERS
Feb 27th, 2004 at 7:03am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had any info on the NYST polygraph test, specificaly the drug history portion of the exam.  Are they considerd to be quite strict or would they allow 4 times of marijuana usage?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jack_T
New User

Re: NEW YORK STATE TROOPERS
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2004 at 10:58pm
Hey Matt,

I don't know anything about that particular police department, but I was just thinking that the FBI is probably much more strict with the testing that they require. I have never tested with the FBI before, so this is all based on conjecture, but I would figure that since FBI allows 15 times to be considered "experimentation" that most police departments would be around there or higher. Maybe some people will disagree with me, but like I said I don't know anything for a fact. Maybe George could help out on this one.....

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box matt12345

Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2004 at 2:21am
Thanks for the info, i asked only because i read on another post on this site that the experimental limit was 3 times. That seemed to be a little bit strict.  Thanks again.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Samuel Thomson

Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2004 at 12:24am
Hello to anyone who has an answer to my ?. I took the NY state polygraph, it wasnt that bad, probably because I had nothing to hide. The most intimitading aspect of the exam was the room you are kept in, I mean it is like the size of a closet. If someone could email me, those who really know. I took the PAT test for the troopers, the polygraph, and had a home interview, back in middle of november, I passed the polygraph, but havent heard anything from the troopers, is that common. I read that it takes six months from PAT test, to the academy. But would the call, or write? either why?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Samuel Thomson

Reply #4 - Mar 17th, 2004 at 12:27am
email samuel thomson at dexterphi@hotmail.com

I took the polygraph for the NYS troopers, passed. I had a home interview, and  I Heard that its a waiting game. I have waited over four months and havent heard anything, is this common? For those who are troopers now, is this something that has happened to you?

dexterphi@hotmail.com

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jessica

Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 8:08pm
the NYSP do not go by how many times you used but by how recently you smoked or whatever

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest

Reply #6 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 12:01am
That last reply is completely false. The NY State troopers DO look at the amount of times  you used a drug. If you exceed their standards regarding drug use it does not matter if it was 10 years ago you are disqualified. The amount of drug use and the time passed are used in conjunction with each other. If you exceed their drug use policy you are disqualified, the amount of time that has passed will be meaningless. The amount of time passed only means something if you are within the drug use standards.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box eddie

Reply #7 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 4:56am
I TOOK THE NYSP POLYGRAPH- I HAVE NEVER USED POT BUT THE THING SAID I DID. WHEN THE PERSON ISSUING THE EXAM TOLD ME THAT I THOUHT SHE WAS KIDDING. SHE WASN'T. I WAS DISQUALIFIED. NOW WHAT? IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THAT? APPEAL ? ETC.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Rookie cop

Reply #8 - Apr 28th, 2004 at 1:35am
You can contact a lawyer.  A polygraph does not hold up in court.  Unless you admitted using the drugs to the person giving the test or you contridicted yourself on the application.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anro
New User

Reply #9 - May 31st, 2004 at 11:28pm
Hello everyone, I would like to know something. What happen if they ask you if you used drug before and you say yes?
Thank's for any help.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Datdude133d
New User

Reply #10 - Jan 19th, 2008 at 11:09pm
BUMP!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest

Reply #11 - May 24th, 2008 at 7:28pm
I was just wondering if anyone had any specific information regarding the NYST's policy regarding drugs. More specifically, what would disqualify one from the position of trooper and what kinds of questions are asked regarding drugs on the polygraph.

Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Noah
New User

Reply #12 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 4:57pm
The question I have is this.I am an ex-police detective that has been out of law-enforcement for 10yrs.I am going through the application process for the Highway Patrol which includes a polygraph test.I have never smoked marijuana but 3yrs. ago I tried to take a puff with no avail. I couldn't even figure out how to inhale lol.I just took 1 try and then said no. Is that enough to disqualify me.Also I was jumped by 4 guys when I was trying to defend my wife from being grabbed.Because of this I was stabbed 3x's and cut 4x's loss 3.5 pints of blood and had 97 stitches and staples. I felt as though I needed to become stronger so I experimented with a little steroids about 2 yrs.ago will that disqualify me.  I have always been by the book but after me and my wife's life was threaten I felt desperate to to ensure our safety.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Noah
New User

Reply #13 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 5:08pm
I have another question. I have what they call a Coarctation of the Aorta which causes rapid change in heart rate bp,and sweat. It will send your pulse from 60 to 160 out of the blue at rest.I take medication for it but it still does not completely stop it.I have to take the polygraph test for the Highway Patrol and how will that affect me and how do I get around it .For FYI Coaractation of th Aorta is a pinching of the aorta artery which ristricts so blood flow.They just recently found it in me 4 yrs. ago and have never seen it in an adult.But because I have had it so long the doctors say that the artery has branched out around it to make sur that heart receives the amount of blood necesary to survive.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box edwin

Reply #14 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 6:55am
if you've tried mushrooms once and admit it on your polygraph for NYST, are you likely to be disqualified from the application process.?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Reply Send TopicPrint
NEW YORK STATE TROOPERS

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X