Normal Topic What should I do?? (Read 1322 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box manta_ray
New User

What should I do??
Feb 12th, 2004 at 11:28pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I've read and re-read the document on countermeasures and have even "practiced" them. However, when I actually get the polygraph, I'm not sure I'll perform them well. I mean I cannot truly practice before going "under the knife" so to speak. 

So, I'm thinking if I had my choice, I'd rather go in knowing what I know, being honest and taking my chances. If I try to do countermeasures, I know I'll screw up and fail.

Next question...let's say you get a relevent question and the truth is "yes" but you know you should say "no" (i.e. Have you smoked pot?). What happens if in your mind you say "yes" at the same time you say "no". I've tried this and I can do this quite well. How does the Poly register? What my mind said or what my mouth said. Or would the whole process in my head cause something wierd on the polygraph thus require further questioning....just a thought.

Manta

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Canadian Crusader
Senior User

Re: What should I do??
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2004 at 12:20am
I hate to sound mean here but it sounds like you don't have the slightest clue as to what a poly is or the basics as to how it even works.  The poly does not read your brain waves or analyse your speech.  Im sorry I don't have the patience to try and explain.  I am sure other more knowledgable posters here can help you but in the mean time I would not try to use CM's until you know a little more about the poly itself.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kona
Very Senior User

Re: What should I do??
Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2004 at 3:13am
Manta,

I concur with the Canadian.  You really need to CAREFULLY and THOROUGHLY read TLBTLD again.  Maybe you need to read it a few times before it sinks in and makes sense to you.  As it stands right now, I don't think it would be wise for you to attempt countermeasures.  For that matter, it might be wise to re-schedule your polygraph for a later time, after you have had the chance to completely digest the material, and understand the complete process.  If it still doesn't make sense to you, you should buy Doug Williams' book on how to sting the polygraph.  It is written in plain english, and is very easy to comprehend.   

Good luck.

Kona

IP Logged

What should I do??

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X