Normal Topic Arrested but didn't reveal (Read 7954 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Arrested but didn't reveal
Feb 9th, 2004 at 8:52am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I was arrested once in my life for something extremely stupid.  I was messing around on a computer at school and changed the desktop to the MSN logo and could not change it back because the school computers are so restrictive you cannot right click on the desktop.  Anyways a teacher who overreacted called the police and had me arrested for "tampering".  he completely lied to the school board making it sound like I had malicious intent in doing so.  I spent about 20 minutes locked up and then I went home.  I receieved no punishment from my school ironically and I was supposed to be on 4 months probabtion and perform community service.  I ended up not being bothered once by my PO and I didn't have to do the community service.  This happened in April 2003 when I was 17 and I joined the Navy in October 2003.    

I was completely terrified about this when I joined and even more when they didn't have my Journalism job available and offerered me my second choice which was Electronics Warfare/Cryptology which requires a Top Secret clearance I think.  The initial backround test at MEPS revealed nothing but am I safe?   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kona
Very Senior User

Re: Arrested but didn't reveal
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2004 at 3:10am
Hey Sailor,

My advise to you would be: don't even think about bullshiting a Defense Investigative Service agent about this event in your life.  The investigation for your TS clearance is very in depth, and I can guarantee you they will find out about this.  Just be honest, and explain the entire event to the investigator.   

Good luck.

Kona

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2004 at 7:09am
Anonymous

Kona is correct.

I was in the Navy and in 1950 I was transferred to a guided missle test center and my job required a high security clearance. I forgot to tell the investigator about an incident where, after a highschool football game, a car load of opposing players jumped my brother and me and the brawl began. The sheriff, my cousin, was called and by the time he arrived we had four out cold and my brother was working on the 5th. We were put in jail for the night and he took us home (about 10 miles out in the country) the next Sat. AM. The investigator showed me a detailed report of the incident but he was satisfied that I honestly had forgotten about it and I got my clearance. So, I would advise you to tell them because they will find out.

BTW, My dad razor strapped our backsides. Not because we were fighting but, because our hands was so busted up that we couldn't perform our farm duties for awhile. This was in the report also.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BlackJhack
User

Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2004 at 10:44pm
It's always amazing how as people get older they tend to embellish the stories of when they were growing up. I think twoblock was sharing this story just to show what a "tough" guy he used to be. Grandpa, nobody is interested in listening to your lame stories about what a "bad-ass" you used to be. I notice that you make the point to mention that they were 5 football players. Well, let me fill you in on something. Back in the "olden days" football ball players were like a 120 pounds and weak. You were never exposed to the bone breaking blasts of a 280 pound running back that runs the 40 in 4.4 seconds. You wore leather helmets for christ's sake, and hardly any pads, and you still never got hurt to the extent that players do now and they have better equipment! So to take on 5 football players back in the 1950's (which I highly doubt you did anyways) is not a great feat.  I'm sure in your day you may have considered yourself "tough", but in this day and age, I guarantee you that you would get smashed. You weren't as stong as the kids these days. With all the steroids and the way people dedicate themselves to the gym there is no way you could ever compete by just using your "farm muscle". Please stop boring us with your silly fairy tales.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Canadian Crusader
Senior User

Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2004 at 12:32am
Hey BJ.

You took the time to register on this board just to post that?

I am sure there are a million other boards you could hack to get your jollies yet you pick this one and a thread over two months old?!

Good job and may you get a life!

LOL

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BlackJhack
User

Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2004 at 6:39pm
Look who took the time to reply back. Nice job, Canadian Loser.  Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box gelb disliker
Senior User

Reply #6 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 6:23pm
BlackJherk,

so you are telling us you use steroids?  and that you were a 120 lb weakling?  oooh you jocks are worth noting.   get a football scholarship, get sidelined by an injury and football life's over!  maybe stand next to a BudLight girl and get your picture taken.  WOW.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Reply #7 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 6:31pm
Quote:
BlackJherk,

so you are telling us you use steroids?  and that you were a 120 lb weakling?  oooh you jocks are worth noting.   get a football scholarship, get sidelined by an injury and football life's over!  maybe stand next to a BudLight girl and get your picture taken.  WOW.

gelb disliker,

Please desist from posting personal attacks. You are reminded of AntiPolygraph.org's posting policy, which this post violates. It is particularly inappropriate to dredge up long dormant message threads only to post such an ad hominem attack.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Gully
New User

Reply #8 - Jan 19th, 2006 at 10:42pm
Kona is correct. If you got arrested reveal it. It will come back to get you during bootcamp. Im currently active duty in the MA rating. A kid got booted from my division for not disclosing information. If it can be tracked, inform them. If it cannot, as in anything not documented, you are fine. goodluck with your career and as far as the clearence dont cut any corners, you'll be stuck hanging off the side of the ship painting for 4 years. 

Gully

IP Logged

Arrested but didn't reveal

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X