Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Too Hot of a Potato (Read 63795 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Re: Too Hot of a Potato
Reply #60 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 6:41pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
it bothers me when my integrity gets questioned, made worse by the fact I am accused of being a liar by someone who is either themselves lying, or is an idiot with a bunch of squiggles on a chart interpreted as lying, 

If you become employed in LE, I sincerely hope that you will hang on to this feeling of frustration and powerlessness so that you can have some empathy when your department subjects ordinary citizens to this same disparaging treatment.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box logan2609

Reply #61 - Jun 19th, 2011 at 9:16pm
Stephano
Oh of course.  Remember I was formerly employed by LEO.  I had a chance to attend a social function with a good number of former coworkers who were interesting in my current goings on.  I had some interesting conversations. No one really thinks its fair, and most had similar stories from their applicant days regarding polygraphs and the psychological screenings. Most people applied several places before landing somewhere.
The general opinion is that its extremely fallible but very useful in investigations where they need psychological pressure.  They think its bogus, but like the value of it when they have a fish in the boat so to speak.
One good friend uses it in criminal investigations once in a while, and from the conversation we had, probably read this site.  He said something to the effect of;

Whenever I send someone to take it, I already know they are guilty, so its not exactly news to me when they fail.  Even if they pass, it tells me they are a sociopath without a conscience and I'll need to change up my interview technique. Otherwise, its just baloney, biased against the innocent, and probably just a way for HR to strike applicants since agency staffing issues don't seem to mesh well with municipal budgets.  We want 60 guys, we can only pay for 30 guys.  Half the applicants get struck because we need a way to strike them that will not overtly indicate bias and get us sued.

He used a hypothetical argument of, if he sent one guy to one with a good idea he will fail, he can also predict the results accurately 98% of the time.  If he sends 100 random people to weed out potential sex offenders or something, he is going to waste a lot of time.   

He then spent 20 minutes instructing me on countermeasures he was aware of, all the way from sphincter puckering to anti anxiety medication.   

To me it sounded like he knew it was a sham as far as pre employment screening.  Note all the LEO's in the news getting busted left and right for everything from drug offenses to fraud.  How did they slip through?

On a side not, a lawyer friend discussed another angle with me.  He said I could consider legal options against the second examiner, because his pre exam questions regarding the other exam and examiner constituted breach.  He said I was at that moment trapped in a no win situation of either being uncooperative with his questioning, or providing him with the actual identity of another examiner he could potentially discredit, lessening his chances of scoring it fairly.  What do you think?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #62 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 3:32pm
I ve been told that I, too, would make a great asset to the INTEL Community.   I'm sure that I would have, if I had made it past the popularity contest known as the "background check" at the crappity smacking CIA.

Checking for criminal history is one thing, talking to every asshole who claims to know me is quite another.
I find it amusing to read  Roll Eyesabout all the "moles" who are able to make it through the CIA's supposedly "impenetrable" wall of security.

If any CIA polygraphers or other agency Office of Security scum are reading this Tongue, I say ENJOY!   You deserve all the Ames', Richardson's, and  Howards that come your way!

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #63 - May 15th, 2015 at 11:20am
I note that today is the 20th anniversary of my FBI pre-employment examination, which, among other things, ultimately led to the creation of AntiPolygraph.org and my being here in Oklahoma City this week to observe Doug Williams' trial.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wandersmann

Reply #64 - May 15th, 2015 at 5:07pm
George W. Maschke wrote on May 15th, 2015 at 11:20am:
I note that today is the 20th anniversary of my FBI pre-employment examination, which, among other things, ultimately led to the creation of AntiPolygraph.org and my being here in Oklahoma City this week to observe Doug Williams' trial. 

Keep going George and don't quit until you've won.  You will have a place in the history books next to William Wilberforce, the man who ended the English slave trade.  Some may ask if I'm equating the evils of the polygraph with the evils of slavery.  My answer is ..... Yes !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Too Hot of a Potato

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X