Normal Topic Mom needs help! (Read 3039 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box MrsFS
New User

Mom needs help!
Jan 30th, 2004 at 1:34am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Cry  Last Fri. son went to school (he's eight in third grade), a slightly older girl put her hands down his pants and grabbed his "privates".  He was very upset and came home and told me about it.  I took him right back to the school to get some sort of understanding about what happened.  I think I was in shock.  Anyway, I told a teacher that was there.  She happened to be best friends with the girls Mom.  The girls Mom called Protetive Services and said that my eight year old is a sexual preditor.   

I almost lost custody of my little guy because of the aligations made that he was a sexual preditor and that as we  have two little girls in the house.  They confined my son to an office until he signed a confession, because he was freightened of the woman keeping him there.   

Now he has this on his school record.  The Dective in the Sheriff's dept wanted me not to prosecute the school personnel, however, there is this hugh blot on his record that could hurt him later.  He is an honor roll student, she is not.   

My husband and I would like to have son polygraphed about this incident in order that it would clear his school record as well as create a situation where children would not be treated in this manner.  Little girl was allowed to have her mother there while being questioned, and son was not, and I was not informed.   

Can an eight year old be polygraphed?  Is there a way to prove that he did not touch her?  What if anything legal do I need to know or do?   

Please help..... 

Thanks in advance... 

Lynn

PS.. Husband is active duty ... in the Coast Guard and gone more then not.  He just made Senior Chief, and can't believe what is going on, but can't get home for a few days.  In the meantime we are looking for a plan of action in order to prove son's innocense... 

Moderators, please move this, if it should be someplace else!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box suethem
Very Senior User

Re: Mom needs help!
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2004 at 5:25am
MrsFS

I would contact a lawyer.

I doubt that a school has the authority to confine a child and take a confession.  Seems to me like the school overstepped its legal authority.

As for polygraphing your son--  The people who support this site, like me, believe that the polygraph won't help you at all. 

People who are guilty can pass a polygraph and innocent people can fail a polygraph.  I would not let anyone I love put their future in the hands of junk science.

Contact a lawyer and follow through! Good luck

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PolyCop

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2004 at 3:39pm
I am very sorry to hear of your situation,

Unfortunately polygraph examinations are generally not administered to children.  Additionally, the age of 8 is especially young and I am not sure I would have faith if any results I would obtain, if I were to try and test your son.

In this unusual case I would agree with another posting to this thread and obtain the services of a qualified attorney.  Don't let this go.  The truth usually has a way of rising to the top.

PolyCop

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box windysix
New User

Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2004 at 4:31pm
Is this a joke?

Your son was confined to an office and made to sign a confession?  I find it difficult to believe school personnel questioned your son and made him sign a confession without your knowledge or presence.

Children are not interrogated nor or they asked to sign confessions (I have been teaching public school for almost 25 years). If that is truly the case, hire an attorney and file charges against the knuckleheads in the school district.   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lynn

Reply #4 - Jan 31st, 2004 at 10:35am
The problem I had was when I tried to press charges they wanted me to turn my son over to them at a facility the state has for so called questioning.  The doctor told me if I went there they would take custody of my son.   I live in Fl.  What can I say??? Right now, my RN friend says that I should contact the ACLU. 

What is scary to me, is the fact that I have to wonder if a child in the Fl. school system gets abused, is removing the child from his parents what they do, so the child can't testify?  Very scary.. 

Thanks for the info and support!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box windysix
New User

Reply #5 - Jan 31st, 2004 at 8:51pm
Again, it would be in your best interest to seek legal advice.  I would also seek out an attorney who specializes in educational law...be  sure to scrutinize your son's school records.  Peruse them carefully and remove any objectionable content.  You have more rights as a parent than you probably realize.  Most parents feel intimidated by the public school system and do not challenge or question them.  Good luck!

IP Logged

Mom needs help!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X