Normal Topic Military question...... (Read 2851 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box squidward

Military question......
Jan 22nd, 2004 at 6:14pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I failed an FBI poly a few years ago for unknown reasons. Will this failed poly cause me not to become a Navy Seal. For obvious reasons the Seals need a certain security clearance but I am unsure if this failed poly will hindure me or not.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box steincj
Very Senior User

Re: Military question......
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2004 at 6:27am
squiddy,

I'll be able to answer your question in a couple of months or so.  I too failed an FBI poly.  Mine was for failing the questions concerning national security.  Well, I am now an Army reservist.   When I left active, I let my TS lapse.  Last year, the reserves forced me to submit a PR  for my TS.

3 weeks ago, I met with a DSS investigator who was conducting my PR.  He laughed at the ridiculousness of my polygraph results.  He said he thought it would have no bearing on my clearance.  So when my case is finally adjuducated, I may get my TS back.

I really think that the only people who find the FBI poly results to be credible are the FBI themselves.

Of course, I can't be sure until the case is adjudicated.  If it comes back in my favor, I will be happy, as I will have personal vindication.  Then again, it makes an intel guy like me that much more suceptible to being called up.  But duty is duty, so I will go if I have to.  

I'll be sure to get back on here with my results, whatever they may be.

Chris

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box carolina cop

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2004 at 4:18pm
Having served for onver 20 years in the US military, with most of those in Special Operations and SOF support assignments, as well as training and experience as an SSO (Special Security Manger - managing cleared personnel and clearances)  I will tell you that your failure on the FBI poly will have very little bearing in the final adjudication of your clearance.  Your assignment in the Army as a reservist will be limited to what type of classified information you will gain access too.  Those that are granted TS-SCI clearance rarely come into contact with "live" information and those that do, when subject to a polygraph will be given the CI-Scope version.  The tactics in questioning are standard and right down to the T as described in TTBTLD, right down to "is there anything bothering you about one of these questions."  With a little practice you will even be able to predict the presise moment that the question will be asked.  As for those applying for SF/SEAL positions, you will not be required to have a TS unless you are being assigned to a command position within an SF Group headquarters (Gp Cdr, CSM, ect), or being assigned to the 1st SFOD-D (The "infamous" Delta Force, which by the way DOES exist and is admitted.)  Candidates who are selected for assignment to Delta are already SF soldiers with at leat 3 years on a team.  Those recruited off of the street or from the mainstream Army are very rarely "selected" for an SFOD-D assignment.  You have nothing to worry about.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box APGodSpy

Reply #3 - Feb 17th, 2004 at 9:27am
Carolina cop provided accurate information regarding this question.  You will not have any trouble and it should not pose a problem for admittance into seals.   

Good luck with your training and make sure your TS clearance never gets inactive.  You never know what lies ahead in the unforseen future and if you might need it if you ever leave a TS job into another one.

IP Logged

Military question......

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X