Normal Topic Would like some opinions on my experience (Read 6991 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Justanothercontractor

Would like some opinions on my experience
Jan 4th, 2004 at 7:07pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
??? Ok the first poly I went in with the just be honest approach. Well I threw up afterwards and well it was the worst Christmas present of my life.  I basically felt like crap and tanked in the Handling of Classified info, drug usage and major crimes areas of the CIA interrogation. I made some minor admissions of yourthful indescressions out of the felony range and a long time ago (15 plus years).  Basically I was played.

The second poly a week later I was more prepared (read the book) and was trated to a brief retest of the three questions.  The poly-nazi said you failed without leaving the chair and went over the admissions from the first test session and developed questions 'to help me pass'.  I went through 10 questions on classified info and crime 3 times looked like they switched to the R/I for the retest so I did as I was taught although I had a high level of nervousness throughout the entire test.
I then went through 10 more questions 3 x on drugs.  I was told that I failed on drugs and crime again but passed on classified info.  The examiner said that after review I could be brought back for a third test maybe but there was no post test interrogation like the first time.

The good thing was although I was completely drained thanks to this site I did not feel like Hitler merged with Manson this time.  I don't expect to hear anything for a couple of weeks but was wondering what the regulars here thought and probababilities of passing/failing or even worse a third test.

HNY to all

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Would like some opinions on my experience
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2004 at 7:59pm
Justanothercontractor,

Although one can never be sure what decision CIA's polygraph chartgazers will ultimately render, the absence of a "post-test" interrogation during the second séance is a positive sign.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box APGodSpy

Reply #2 - Feb 17th, 2004 at 9:39am
I concure with George.  If CIA gave an invitation for a second poly then they must want you and want to work with you.  My experiences have all been good even through a wrongful termination investigation.  I have never liked the poly but it helped me from being wrongfully terminated in cojunction with some depositions from employees.   

I have worked along side people who have admitted drugs in their youth and not in their adult lives and the poly agreed with what they said, that they had not taken drugs during their adult and professional lives. It sounds like you are still in the running.  However, if it went to a third poly and you got asked in again.  That I could not see happening.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fletch
New User

Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2004 at 10:11pm
Dear Justanothercontractor,

What was the outcome of your second poly? I had a similar experience on my second exam and haven't heard anything.

Fletch

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Justanothercontrac
New User

Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2004 at 11:22pm
Fletch wrote on Feb 18th, 2004 at 10:11pm:
Dear Justanothercontractor,

What was the outcome of your second poly? I had a similar experience on my second exam and haven't heard anything.

Fletch

No further word.  I'm still awaiting final adjudication.  The polygripher said I failed but no after probing interrogation.  I honestly just don't know.  I honestly don't care any more.  Just so long as I don't have to do it again (so soon anyway).

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fletch
New User

Reply #5 - Feb 19th, 2004 at 7:13pm
My sentiments exactly. My first poly went pretty much the same way with the polygrapher politely insisting that I come clean on drug use. 

After nearly half a year of waiting, I had a second poly lasting about half an hour where I was told that the results were the same, asked a question or two at the end, and then told I would hear something in a few weeks – no real interrogation.

Fletch

IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2004 at 4:17am
Update... after 3 months I've been called in for an interview.  My sec officer says that it's for a waiver to the poly.  So I have three possible outcomes.  Rejected, waived or repoly.  I am hoping for any outcome except for the last.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anne nonomous

Reply #7 - Mar 24th, 2004 at 3:09am
Hi JustanotherContractor,

Any word yet after being interviewed? I too had to take two polys  Embarrassed aweful experience to say the least.  And then a few months after the two polys, I was interviewed, and was told: repoly, reject, or clearance granted.  It's been a while since my interview, and I am still waitin' and waitin' to hear back...

IP Logged

New User

Reply #8 - Apr 14th, 2004 at 2:37pm
I'm still waiting too...  Shocked

IP Logged

New User

Reply #9 - May 19th, 2004 at 4:04pm
And the answer is ..... drumroll please....  I made it... basically they waived the poly results.  Pretty clear evidence of their knowledge that the poly is BS if you ask me.  Why they just didn't do an interview or a series is beyond me.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #10 - May 19th, 2004 at 4:05pm
Follow up... it's not beyond me... actually the poly is a good interrogation tool in that it gives the interviewer and psychological tool that in general works (they psycological aspect not the 'lie detection').

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anne nonomous

Reply #11 - May 25th, 2004 at 3:36am
Justanothercontractor,

congratulations on passing the clearance.  I have been  waiting for a long time, and was wondering how long you actually had to wait...  for the whole thing to come through...

also, did they do a background check on you after your poly?

any feedback would be great.

IP Logged

Would like some opinions on my experience

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X