FBI PTT
Dec 20th, 2003 at 6:14am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
There is a new Physical Fitness Test Protocol:

- Max situps in 1 minute
- 300 meter Sprint
- Max pushup
- 1.5 mile run

So the above is the test BEFORE going to Quantico, right?  Please help. ???

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box neomastino

Re: FBI PTT
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2003 at 7:00pm
privateI wrote on Dec 20th, 2003 at 6:14am:
There is a new Physical Fitness Test Protocol:

- Max situps in 1 minute
- 300 meter Sprint
- Max pushup
- 1.5 mile run

So the above is the test BEFORE going to Quantico, right?  Please help. ???  

You are correct in that it is a PRE-Quantico test.  Per a conversation yesterday with a recruiting SA, I will be going to the board interviews in the end of February.  One week following the interviews, if passed, your referenced test will occur.

I hope this helps.

---neo

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box privateI
New User

Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2004 at 7:22pm
Oh really?  That soon?  So the physical fitness tests come before the eye exams, hearing exams, polygraph, background check, etc?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box bartonium

Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2004 at 6:29am
Yes, initial PFT test is administered ~2 weeks after passing phase II

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box kp

Reply #4 - Mar 21st, 2004 at 5:15am
I was told (yesterday by the office) that the fitness test would occur after the polygraph...but my question is:

If you fail, can you and when can you have a do-over?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Reply #5 - Mar 22nd, 2004 at 12:58am
kp,

[You wrote:]
“I was told (yesterday by the office) that the fitness test would occur after the polygraph...but my question is: 

If you fail, can you and when can you have a do-over? “

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I find it odd, the bureau would administer the physical fitness test following the polygraph exam. In my case, I was given all pre-requisite/pre-employment exams such as a complete medical, drug screening, finger printing, background security investigation questionnaire, etc., prior to the pre-employment polygraph exam. The polygraph was the very last part of the pre-employment hiring process, before actually starting to work with the FBI. 

The personal experience a potential pre-employment bureau candidate will be subjected to will vary, depending on the type of position applied for, e. g. special agent, or professional support.

I will provide a brief synopsis of the complete hiring process I personally experienced a few years ago, when I went through the FBI pre-employment hiring process with the assigned FBI field office, and application coordinator. 

I completed, submitted and applied for a position via the FD 140-application. The position was posted on the FBI’s official web page for all qualified candidates to include current bureau personnel, as well as non-bureau candidates. The position was announced, posted and ran for 15 business days. All candidates that applied via FD-140 were reviewed, evaluated, graded, compared, and considered for the available position. After the position was closed, I was later selected as the most qualified, certified and experienced candidate for the position. 

The FBI sent me an official letter congratulating me on my selection for the position in which I had applied. I was then provided with a tentative start date, annual salary/base pay scale, and location/duty assignment, all pending successful completion of the remaining mandatory application process which included a thorough medical exam, drug screening, finger printing, physical fitness test, and last but not least, a pre-employment polygraph exam.

The background investigation for the required FBI [DOJ] “TS” top-secret clearance was to follow the successful completion of the forthcoming polygraph exam.

The following steps are outlined in the order in which they took place: 

1) I was given a pre-employment drug screening.
2) Finger printed.
3) Interviewed for a “TS” top secret security background investigation. 
4) Medical exam.
5) Physical fitness test.
6) Pre-employment polygraph exam.

In response to your question: "If you fail, can you and when can you have a do-over?"

Please be more specific with respect to exactly what it is you are asking... Are you referring to failing the fitness test, or failing the polygraph exam...??  If you fail the pre-employment polygraph exam, odds are, you're done at that point. However, candidates are usually afforded one retest following a "DI" [deception indicated] initial result; but there is no guarantee of a retest. 

If you fail the fitness test, it is my understanding that you will be given a chance to re-take the portion of the fitness test you failed.

Good luck.

Triple x

IP Logged

FBI PTT

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X