Normal Topic All LE Officials (Read 1791 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Gues

All LE Officials
Dec 10th, 2003 at 11:17pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I am strongly considering joining the the NYPD or any some other LE agency.  The problem I am having is that I am a sociology major and have been exposed to many liberal ideas, specifically towards drugs.  My feelings on drugs are that as long as your only harming yourself and no effecting the surrounding environment, then do as you please.  My questions to your LE officials is what was your view before becoming sworn officers of the law and was it similiar to mine, and if so did it change during your tenure so far?  Although I do have this mentality right now, the main reason I would like to persue LE is to be involved with violent offenders?  Is there anything wrong with this, will it effect my job significantly and if so how?  I would really appreciate any feedback you guys can give me on this matter.  Thanks.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kona
Very Senior User

Re: All LE Officials
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2003 at 8:24am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
My feelings on drugs are that as long as your only harming yourself and no effecting the surrounding environment, then do as you please. 

Gues,

Although I am not a LE Official, I believe that common sense would dictate that you not opine the quoted text above during any of the interview process with NYPD.

I'm sure that whatever their thoughts were before joining the force, most police officers with any experience on patrol would say that it is a rare case where drug use is a victimless crime.  There is almost always going to be someone adversely affected.....the drug user's kid, family, the guy he robs to get money for his fix, and the list goes on and on.   

Unless we're talking about the guy that drinks a case of Coors Light, or smokes a bong while watching The Flintstones in his trailer by himself, I don't think you're going to find too many sympathetic ears on the force.  Of course this is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Cheers,
Kona

IP Logged

All LE Officials

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X