Normal Topic upcomming poly exam (Read 6133 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box another
New User

upcomming poly exam
Nov 20th, 2003 at 1:20am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I am scheduled for an upcomming poly exam.  I am fully prepared if I am administered the CQT style test; however, if i am administered a relavant/irrelavant style, i am not sure when or if to employ counter measures.  anyone have advice on countermeasures for an R/IR style test format??? thanks  Kiss

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box I know

Re: upcomming poly exam
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2003 at 5:09am
If given the relevant/irrelevant test, you want to use countermeasures to different relevent and irrelevant questions on different sets.  For example, if questions  1, 3, 5, and 7 are irrevelant and questions 2, 4, 6, and 8 are relevant you would cause a reaction (use countermeasures) on questions 1, 2, 5 and 6 on the first set or chart.  Then, on the second chart or questioning, you cause a reaction to questions 3, 4 and 7.  On the third set of questions cause a reaction to question 8 only.  You kind of mix it up so that you do not have a pattern of reaction to any particular question or questions.  Consistant, specific, significant is what the polygrapher looks for, so you do not want to give him that.  I believe that is the way TLBTLD says to do it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box really

Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2003 at 5:20am
Never have so many people gathered together to talk about something they know so little about.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box I know

Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2003 at 5:28am
Really is right.  I do not know.  My post is simply my interpertation of what I read in TLBTLD.  I do know, however, that using countermeasures properly during the CQT works.  I know because I have done it.   Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box n0mad
User

Reply #4 - Nov 20th, 2003 at 8:23am
Quote:
Never have so many people gathered together to talk about something they know so little about.

Never have so many polygraph believers and examiners gathered together to try to debunk something they "know" is not possible to beat. 

Never has there been a site so read by polygraph examiners to see what we're "up to" so they can better catch countermeasure's that "don't work" anyway.

Seems like a lot of concern over nothing.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #5 - Nov 20th, 2003 at 9:11pm
I took the Poly Today.  It was a CQT format. I employed countermeasures as instructed in TTBTLD.  The poligrapher made ne assertions that he was aware of me employing counter measures. I passed the test with flying colors.  I would like to thank george and everyone else for this site, because without the valuable information here. I am certain i might not have done so well.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Undesirable Candidate

Reply #6 - Nov 20th, 2003 at 9:17pm
Another-

Congratulations!  Wink Hope all goes well with the rest of your employment process.

Regards,

Undesirable

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ray
Senior User

Reply #7 - Nov 20th, 2003 at 11:23pm
Another,
Did you have anything to hide on the relevant issues?

IP Logged

New User

Reply #8 - Nov 21st, 2003 at 3:27am
no, I have worked in law enforcement for 5 years.  I recently bought a home too far away from my work and need to find a transfer to another agency.  I have applied to a number of agencies.  I took a poly from one of these agencies in a R/IR format.  I failed the examination showing deception.  Even though you dont know me and could easily dismiss it, it was a false positive reading. This can have a seriously negative impact on my future ability to find employ with surrounding agencies. after that failure, I found this website and read the TBTLD.  I employed the counter measures as instructed.  and passed.  Thanx undesireable for your encouragement. Kiss

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sosdd

Reply #9 - Nov 21st, 2003 at 3:46am
Another fairy tale.  I do wish you guys would use some imagination.  Same Old Shit Different Day - this is getting sad.  OK Skeptic, Orolan, Mallah, and Beechtrees, all you who are members of George's fan club can give me your 2 cents worth now.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #10 - Nov 21st, 2003 at 6:06am
another wrote on Nov 21st, 2003 at 3:27am:
no, I have worked in law enforcement for 5 years.  I recently bought a home too far away from my work and need to find a transfer to another agency.  I have applied to a number of agencies.  I took a poly from one of these agencies in a R/IR format.  I failed the examination showing deception.  Even though you dont know me and could easily dismiss it, it was a false positive reading. This can have a seriously negative impact on my future ability to find employ with surrounding agencies. after that failure, I found this website and read the TBTLD.  I employed the counter measures as instructed.  and passed.  Thanx undesireable for your encouragement. Kiss

Congratulations.  I presume that the exam you passed was a CQT format "test", instead of an R/I?  If it was an R/I too, how did you employ countermeasures?

The R/I is so inherently unreliable that I can imagine several possible strategies for "passing" one (the simplest just being staying adamant about one's innocence), but I'm curious as to what you did.

Skeptic

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #11 - Nov 21st, 2003 at 9:03am
Quote:
If given the relevant/irrelevant test, you want to use countermeasures to different relevent and irrelevant questions on different sets.  For example, if questions  1, 3, 5, and 7 are irrevelant and questions 2, 4, 6, and 8 are relevant you would cause a reaction (use countermeasures) on questions 1, 2, 5 and 6 on the first set or chart.  Then, on the second chart or questioning, you cause a reaction to questions 3, 4 and 7.  On the third set of questions cause a reaction to question 8 only.  You kind of mix it up so that you do not have a pattern of reaction to any particular question or questions.  Consistant, specific, significant is what the polygrapher looks for, so you do not want to give him that.  I believe that is the way TLBTLD says to do it.

Actually, the suggestions for countermeasures to the Relevant/Irrelevant technique outlined in TLBTLD do not involve creating reactions to the irrelevant questions (which are not scored).

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #12 - Nov 21st, 2003 at 11:10am
another wrote on Nov 20th, 2003 at 9:11pm:
I took the Poly Today.  It was a CQT format. I employed countermeasures as instructed in TTBTLD.  The poligrapher made ne assertions that he was aware of me employing counter measures. I passed the test with flying colors.  I would like to thank george and everyone else for this site, because without the valuable information here. I am certain i might not have done so well.

Congratulations on passing the polygraph! Good luck in the rest of the hiring process, and thank you for sharing your polygraph experience here.

Now that the polygraph is behind you, I hope that you'll take the opportunity to share what you've learned about polygraphy with others, especially those who might someday face a polygraph "test." See the Get Involved and Campus Poster Initiative pages for other steps you can take to help spread the word and hasten the abolishment of polygraph screening.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

upcomming poly exam

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X