Normal Topic passapolygraph.com  (email) (Read 4324 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box thirdman

passapolygraph.com  (email)
Nov 5th, 2003 at 12:30am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
(I sent this email to passapolygraph.com)

"I have read things that make me doubt your authenticity.  I just saw this on the bulletin board of antipolygraph.org:

'After several days of pretty intense investigation I have discovered Mr. Mickelson is not a member of ANY polygraph association, group, or agency anywhere in the United States and nobody I  have spoken to has EVER heard of him (incidentially I have been in polygraph almost 20 years).  Additionally, I know for a FACT Mr. Peter Andrews who claims to be a former federal polygraph examiner, specifically an FBI polygraph examiner was in fact, neither. '

What proof can you give me that you have the credentials that you advertise on your website?"

(I then recieved this rather strange and equivocating response.)

"Keep on doubting.  What's so mind boggling about these accusations is that we have sold approx. 2000 of our manuals and of those 2000 sold only a handful of people have had a negative experience.  Now if "we" were all "full of crap" and "nothing but liars", do you think that we would have this kind of success and customer satisfaction.  The real situation with all of these allegations is that we once were on the side of the polygraph and CVSA examiners.  Now that we have gone against our former companions we have had nothing but negative accusations being thrown at us.  The following statement says it all "Additionally, I know for a FACT Mr. Peter Andrews who claims to be a former federal polygraph examiner, specifically an FBI polygraph examiner was in fact, neither." Now how in the world can that person make that statement.  After a few days of investigating this gentlemen was able to search the ENTIRE UNITED STATES for information about me and my associates.  Do you think the FBI is going to say "Oh YEAH he was our examiner, you beat!!!!   I really do not know why this statement was made about me but I can only conclude that "antipolygraph.org" is upset that we are selling something that they deem should be free. You ask us to prove what we state in our website.  We don't have time to send everyone out all of the credentials we have.  If you do not wish to purchase our manual then please don't.  Our overall approval rating with our customers is INCREDIBLE and we are not going to let the little people of the world bring us down.  I hope I have more than adequately answered your questions.'

Have a day
P. A.

(He obviously can't prove what he says, so he says nothing.)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PDD-Fed

Re: passapolygraph.com  (email)
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2003 at 3:08pm
Quote:

"Keep on doubting.  What's so mind boggling about these accusations is that we have sold approx. 2000 of our manuals and of those 2000 sold only a handful of people have had a negative experience.  Now if "we" were all "full of crap" and "nothing but liars", do you think that we would have this kind of success and customer satisfaction.  The real situation with all of these allegations is that we once were on the side of the polygraph and CVSA examiners.  Now that we have gone against our former companions we have had nothing but negative accusations being thrown at us.  The following statement says it all "Additionally, I know for a FACT Mr. Peter Andrews who claims to be a former federal polygraph examiner, specifically an FBI polygraph examiner was in fact, neither." Now how in the world can that person make that statement.  After a few days of investigating this gentlemen was able to search the ENTIRE UNITED STATES for information about me and my associates.  Do you think the FBI is going to say "Oh YEAH he was our examiner, you beat!!!!   I really do not know why this statement was made about me but I can only conclude that "antipolygraph.org" is upset that we are selling something that they deem should be free. You ask us to prove what we state in our website.  We don't have time to send everyone out all of the credentials we have.  If you do not wish to purchase our manual then please don't.  Our overall approval rating with our customers is INCREDIBLE and we are not going to let the little people of the world bring us down.  I hope I have more than adequately answered your questions.'   

Thirdman,

I just loved the response you solicited from this idiot.  I think we all know how to spell "C.o.n. M.a.n."   Grin

PDD-Fed

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box thirdman

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2003 at 4:34am
Yes, it is obvious that Peter Andrews and his "associates" are liars and frauds, but I would really like you to expand on your statement about them.  How extensive was your investigation of the con men and passapolygraph.com?

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2003 at 3:11pm
Quote:
Yes, it is obvious that Peter Andrews and his "associates" are liars and frauds, but I would really like you to expand on your statement about them.  How extensive was your investigation of the con men and passapolygraph.com?

Pretty extensive

As a federal examiner I have contacts in most of the agencies that employ polygraph as an investigative tool (including the agency one of these men claims to have been a member of).   I also have access to open source membership information for virtually every polygraph organization in the country.  AND I have alot of friends in the industry.  Bottom line?  These two guys were utterly unknown before starting up their snake oil website, plain and simple...

PDD-Fed

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #4 - Nov 6th, 2003 at 10:06pm
These 'valuable' investigations were conducted on taxpayer's time, using government resources unrelated to your job description and transparently for the sole purpose of attacking someone who's views on polygraphy differ from yours.

Tell me, when will you be investigating the *actual* crimes of perjury commited by your fellow polygrapher 'Dr.' Ed Gelb? Oh yeah, that's right, he's a pro-polygraph type so he gets a pass.

Quote:

Pretty extensive

As a federal examiner I have contacts in most of the agencies that employ polygraph as an investigative tool (including the agency one of these men claims to have been a member of).   I also have access to open source membership information for virtually every polygraph organization in the country.  AND I have alot of friends in the industry.  Bottom line?  These two guys were utterly unknown before starting up their snake oil website, plain and simple...

PDD-Fed

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2003 at 11:08pm
Quote:
These 'valuable' investigations were conducted on taxpayer's time, using government resources unrelated to your job description and transparently for the sole purpose of attacking someone who's views on polygraphy differ from yours.

Tell me, when will you be investigating the *actual* crimes of perjury commited by your fellow polygrapher 'Dr.' Ed Gelb? Oh yeah, that's right, he's a pro-polygraph type so he gets a pass.

I love you too, Beechy poo..... Wink

P.S.  Please say "Hi." to the other neurotics in your ward...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 7Q

Reply #6 - Nov 9th, 2003 at 4:36am

Pretty extensive 

As a federal examiner I have contacts in most of the agencies that employ polygraph as an investigative tool (including the agency one of these men claims to have been a member of).   I also have access to open source membership information for virtually every polygraph organization in the country.  AND I have alot of friends in the industry.  Bottom line?  These two guys were utterly unknown before starting up their snake oil website, plain and simple... 

PDD-Fed 

Now I see that Peter Andrews has changed his statement about himself and removed any claim that he once worked for the FBI.   I think this is the third time they have removed information from their site because they have called liars on this website - that is an admission on their part that they are in fact liars.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #7 - Nov 9th, 2003 at 9:16am
7Q,

Not only is "Peter Andrews" no longer described as having been a "Polygraph examiner for the FBI" in Seattle, but the claim that he was a graduate of the Arizona School of Polygraph Science has also been removed.

In addition, the claim that "Steve Mickelson" was a graduate of the Western Oregon School of Polygraphy has been removed, along with the following previously claimed accomplishments:

Quote:
  • Headed up the Oregon Highway Patrols D.A.R.E. Program
  • Assistant Director of the Portland Police departments criminal and narcotic task force. 
  • Consultant to the Washington State Patrol Background investigation division 

The "old" PassaPolygraph.com page providing the supposed credentials of the ostensible authors of the PassaPolygraph.com manual is still to be found in Google's cache. Just do a search on "mickelson," "andrews," and "polygraph." (I have saved the cached page.)

I am not an expert on the law, but I believe that if, as appears to be the case, PassaPolygraph.com has been making false claims about credentials, its operator(s) might be open to wire fraud charges.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

passapolygraph.com  (email)

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X