Normal Topic Failure? No. (Read 1882 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dale
New User

Failure? No.
Oct 23rd, 2003 at 8:54pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello everyone,
This is a nice forum, and I have learned alot already. I want to tell a condensed version of my polygraph story...

In April '99, I was living in a house with 2 other guys. On a Sunday night, I returned home with some friends from a concert to the house. I was told by one of my roommates that there "was some money missing from the house."

We called the police, and they were by in a day or so to take statements from us all. I moved out about a month later, and back with my parents. Things were getting bad with the friends, blah, blah, blah...

In September 1999, I was called by the police, and that I had been accused of taking the money! I was not impressed. So the police asked if I want to take a polygraph test to clear my name. I of course said yes!

So about 2 weeks later, I take the test. It took all in all about 2 hours total. And guess what? I failed! I didn't take the money, and I wouldn't be here if I had.

So I question anyone out there that gooes on record and says that polygraph tests are very accurate - something like what...97%? Well, obviously I was in the 3%. And sure everyone and their cat says they didn't do it, but I am not kidding.

Polygraph tests, in my opinion, are majorly flawed and the public needs to know that facts and figures are being blurred so that people that aren't guilty - like me - have to live with the guilt of people thinking they are guilty when they aren't.

Now why would I fail the test? Poor interviews? Faulty equipment? Nervousness? Decpetion on the police's part? I'd love to hear some reasons why I would fail the test.

Thanks for reading this.

As a musician, I write music about things that happen in my life. Read these lyrics at the end of this post so you can see how I felt the day I failed the test.

Dale Lyons

----------------------------------------

Anguished (Lyons) 

It's so hard for me to understand 
How I could be so wrong 
When I know deep in my heart 
It isn't the truth 

Distraught over an outcome 
I couldn't even begin to imagine 
Questioning my honesty 
Destroying my integrity 

Accusations and deception 
Weigh so heavily on my mind 
All alone with my thoughts 
Wondering how it changed so fast 

Someone's asking for apologies 
For a mistake I didn't make 
Searching for the answers 
All I wanted was the truth 

I'm lifeless, I'm dead beyond myself 
Waiting for a chance at redemption 
My persistance will pay off 
To one day clear my name of it all 

No matter what I say or do 
It won't change a goddamned thing 
I'll never relent to only appease 
To people I will never trust again 

crappity smack your machines and crappity smack your vendettas 
Settle these accusations 
Steal away my pride and kill my name 
In time we'll find out who's to blame

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dale
New User

Re: Failure? No.
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2003 at 9:58pm
Wow guys,

The pdf book about the lies/falsehoods of lie detector "tests" is an amazing read!

Thumbs up!

Dale

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Re: Failure? No.
Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2003 at 10:10pm
Hi Dale,

May I ask, what, if any, were the repurcussions of failing the poly?

Dave

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Failure? No.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X