Normal Topic Control questions and false truths (Read 1555 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mindzeye
New User

Control questions and false truths
Oct 2nd, 2003 at 8:56pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Lets say I'm talking a test where they employ the "probable lie" control questions and I admit to all of them. "Did you ever tell a lie" "Yes"; "Have you ever cheated" "Yes". 

What would they do?

Also, if one was applying to an agency that values high integrity and all that...blah blah blah...
Do they see it as a character flaw for one to lie on all control questions? Should one only lie and use countermeatures on a couple of them?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Truth
Very Senior User

Re: Control questions and false truths
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2003 at 10:43pm
You wouldn't get to that point. "Okay, tell me about all the times you lied." You tell all you can remember. "Aside from what you've told me, have you ever lied?"

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Marty
Especially Senior User

Re: Control questions and false truths
Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2003 at 10:53pm
Quote:
You wouldn't get to that point. "Okay, tell me about all the times you lied." You tell all you can remember. "Aside from what you've told me, have you ever lied?"

And they will get increasingly testy, and suggest in strong terms that the employer doesn't want to hire people that lie at all.  Essentially to intimidate you into not telling all the material lies you can remember. They secretly want you to lie on the control AND feel fear getting caught on it. Assuming they are correctly doing their job that is. See the thread started by "Bubba" for a first person account of a poorly selected control, as well as a poorly conditioned examinee. A prime example of ground truth problems.

-Marty

Leaf my Philodenrons alone.

IP Logged

Control questions and false truths

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X