Normal Topic FBI and false +'s (Read 3181 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

FBI and false +'s
Aug 28th, 2003 at 5:02pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
A comment I ran across in an article on Accuracy in Media about Robert Hanssen.
Quote:
The Bureau's "most senior managers" refused to polygraph their own personnel "because of concerns regarding false positives." Given that the Bureau is always eager to use the polygraph on any outsider, that is supremely ironic. 

Ironic, indeed Wink

http://www.aim.org/publications/weekly_column/2003/08/27.html

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box suethem
Very Senior User

Re: FBI and false +'s
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2003 at 3:06am
Seems to me like the FBI dropped the ball.

I would think that most people would find hacking your boss's computer, disclosure of sensitive information to the press, and assult on another employee as grounds for firing.

If the FBI can't accurately police their own, how can they be an effective police agency for the rest of us?

Regarding the polygraph...

It's  interesting to note that the FBI accused a CIA man of being the spy and used his passing the polygraph as a clue to him being guilty  (super spy theory).... 

Yet in this article it is the FBI that doubts the accuracy of the polygraph when it comes to their (the white men at the top) necks!

I know there are thousands of dedicated people at the FBI who work hard to protect our nation, unfortunately those people don't seem to be in charge.

If polygraphy is not good enough for FBI top management, then it is not good enough for a green recruit.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Re: FBI and false +'s
Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2003 at 3:28am
Suethem,
I agree. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, so the saying goes.

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

FBI and false +'s

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X