Normal Topic Some questions regarding CMs (Read 2351 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box P-J

Some questions regarding CMs
Aug 21st, 2003 at 5:46pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello !

I enjoyed reading the e-book and I have some questions I hope
you can answer.

First, what basically I understood is that polygraphers uses control questions as a base line. For any relevant question he/she ask you he looks on your responses to the control questions and decide wether you did or did not speak the truth.

On the CM section I read that before or after any *control* question I need to change my breathing pattern for few seconds and my heart beats until the next question begins.

This means that if I lie anytime when I'm being asked a relevant question the "body responses" for the lie would look normal (based on the control question's answers behaviour) ?

What about when I tell the truth ? the polygrapher - I assume - will expect the same behavior throughout the whole test. Or did you expect me to lie to *all* of the releavent questions ?

Thanks in advance,
P-J!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Saidme
Especially Senior User

Re: Some questions regarding CMs
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2003 at 6:14pm
Hell, why don't you just lie about who you are when you walk in the door.  Sounds like you're going to have alot to think about during this test.  May I suggest telling the truth!  If you know there are questions (relevant) you'll be lying about, why not seek employment elsewhere?   Shocked

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Truth
Very Senior User

Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2003 at 6:49pm
I agree with Saidme. No one here is really advocating lying outright, or lying about something serious.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box J-P

Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2003 at 7:28pm
I am not going to  have a polygraph test anytime soon, neither I think I would. I just find this subject pretty interesting and want to know about it more. It would also help me to know how polygraphers work.

I hope the next replies would be a little more releavent. Thanks

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Aug 21st, 2003 at 7:29pm
I am not going to  have a polygraph test anytime soon, neither I think I would. I just find this subject pretty interesting and want to know about it more. It would also help me to know how polygraphers work.

I hope the next replies would be a little more releavent. Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Truth
Very Senior User

Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2003 at 7:37pm
Okay, who are you: P-J or J-P?

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Aug 21st, 2003 at 8:17pm
Both  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Some questions regarding CMs

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X