Normal Topic question on a recruiter (Read 2499 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box spike

question on a recruiter
Aug 5th, 2003 at 11:00am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
yesterday i called a recruiter simply for an application packet since i passed his departments written exam. He then starts asking me questions regarding drugs. I personally felt this should only be asked once an interview is made. I told him that i only tried it once. Then he tells me cmon your a NewYorker are you sure you have not tried it more than once. that really got me pissed. The guy was so dum he did not know how long after someone takes an exam expires. He mumbled on the phone and studered a bit. I wonder what the heck was his purpose in asking me all those questions when its not even an interview. I reaaly wonder why. Hopefully someone may know.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Re: question on a recruiter
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2003 at 11:08am
The recruiting was trying to see if he could get you to make a disqualifying admission.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box spike

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2003 at 8:32pm
so what your saying is that he wanted to ask me questions that are automatic disqualifications to the department, that way i was not wasting my time and the agency was not wasting their time in sending me the application packet and processing me. i feltlike he was taking notes on me, when i only believe that taking notes should be done only on an interview.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Truth
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2003 at 8:42pm
Their game, their rules. They can ask you about whatever whenever, so what difference does it make if you are asked something outside of a formal interview? What you believe about the application process doesn't matter, and it shouldn't. Get over it.

IP Logged

question on a recruiter

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X