Normal Topic background question regarding credit (Read 3878 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box joey

background question regarding credit
Aug 5th, 2003 at 9:26am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
currently i dont owe anyone any money, i never had a collection agency come after me, nor bankrupcy nor anything bad like that. i did pay gym bills late to bally total fitness gym on some ocasions. i checked  all 3 major credit report agencies regarding my credit. there is nothing at all there regarding me paying late all it has is the information as 0 balance with no adverse information. eventhough i payed bills late a couple of times should i be somewhat concerned even though it does not show up at all in my credit reports.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box treetop
Ex Member

Re: background question regarding credit
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2003 at 9:51am
You will be fine.  Just be honest about why you were late paying.  You are human and we all make mistakes.  You do not have a history of poor financial responcibility so don't worry about it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2003 at 10:02am
Actually, you would be better off not volunteering any derogatory information about yourself that could otherwise not be discovered. Your credit record is clean. Bally's has no complaint against you.

Don't mention  that you sometimes paid your gym bills late. You will not be rewarded for your honesty. On the contrary, you'll only make yourself a less competetive applicant.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box joey

Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2003 at 2:13am
anonymous, you are right. The majority of lawenforcement agencies look at the 3 major credit reporting agencies to see your credit status. since ballys did not put negative info on any 3, i should not be worried

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box treetop
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2003 at 8:57am
I had a bunch of things in collections in the past however I paid them off.  When I got my credit reports, they were shown as open accounts.  I disputed all of them with the three credit reporting agencies and I won every dispute.  Now, my credit report says I never had anything in collections.  They do not show up at all on any of the three.  Should I not list them even if they ask me too?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box yankeedog
Senior User

Reply #5 - Aug 10th, 2003 at 4:42pm
Treetop,

It will depend on what your agency considers acceptable or non-acceptable.  The agency you are applying with will probably do a credit check, and based upon the information you provided, it should be clean.  But, if they ask, or if the application has a question pertaining to prior collections, etc, answer the questions truthfully.  A background check may bring this information to light even if the credit report shows no problems, and if you lied about it on your application or during an applicant interview, the issue will not be past credit problems, but your integrity.  And that could be more than enough to get you DQed.  I know my agency doesn't get to wrapped up in credit problems, unless they are ongoing, current, and significant.  I would estimate that 25% of the people I interview for positions have problems similar to what you have posted, but they still get hired.  It's all about your integrity when you apply.  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Truth
Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Aug 10th, 2003 at 9:03pm
yankeedog wrote on Aug 10th, 2003 at 4:42pm:

It's all about your integrity when you apply.  

Sure, that's why all those lying applicants filed a lawsuit against the government when they were discovered to be lying by the polygraph/examiner. What a pollyanna perspective - tell the truth and it will set you free - when it comes to taking a polygraph. Sure, tell the truth, there's nothing to worry about, no way you'll ever, in a million years, get scored deceptive when you told the truth. 

If you really believe telling the truth is all there is to it, why are you here on this site reading about problems people have had with the polygraph?

IP Logged

background question regarding credit

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X