Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A Response to Doug Williams (Read 36175 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Re: A Response to Doug Williams
Reply #30 - Aug 6th, 2003 at 4:29pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
So Amused-BSDetector-guest bought Doug William's book and made numerous phone calls for advice Shocked He then used CM's to pass his polygraph test so that he could get a job in LE and subsequently post on this board about how "wrong" it is to lie and cheat on the polygraph  Roll Eyes
So much for any posts by this multiple-personality having any credibility whatsoever.

Doesn't get any better than this Grin Grin

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #31 - Aug 6th, 2003 at 5:12pm
orolan wrote on Aug 6th, 2003 at 4:29pm:
So Amused-BSDetector-guest bought Doug William's book and made numerous phone calls for advice Shocked He then used CM's to pass his polygraph test so that he could get a job in LE and subsequently post on this board about how "wrong" it is to lie and cheat on the polygraph  Roll Eyes
So much for any posts by this multiple-personality having any credibility whatsoever.

Doesn't get any better than this Grin Grin

No wonder he fancies himself a detector of bs-- he slings it like a pro!  Roll Eyes

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Amused

Reply #32 - Aug 6th, 2003 at 5:25pm
Just because George says all these posts came from the same “SHARED” IP doesn’t mean we are all the same person.  I could be a polygrapher stirring up trouble, (and it sure is working) – or I could be George himself building up a paper tiger to fight.  In fact it doesn’t follow that because George posts under many different names that I do too. And further, George really has no clue one way or the other. What he is doing though is to make visitors to this board wonder if there is such thing as “anonymous” posting.

But that is not the issue on this thread.  The issue is whether what Doug Williams has said about George and his book is true.  The answer to that is simple.  Who cares!  Let the people read it and decide.  And more importantly decide if you think you can pass the test with it.  George is a prime example of the phrase, “full of sound and fury, signifying nothing”

And while all this is going on, Doug Williams is probably sitting back laughing and saying, “Keep up the free advertisement, just make sure you spell my name right”.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #33 - Aug 6th, 2003 at 5:51pm
Amused,
Neil Young said it best in the song "American Dream".

"It don't matter now, you're all washed up."

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Amused

Reply #34 - Aug 6th, 2003 at 5:57pm
ust because George says all these posts came from the same SHARED doesn't mean we are all the same person.  I could be a polygrapher stirring up trouble, (and it sure is working), or I could be George himself building up a paper tiger to fight.  In fact it doesn't follow that because George posts under many different names that I do too. And further, George really has no clue one way or the other. What he is doing though is to make visitors to this board wonder if there is such thing as anonymous posting. 

But that is not the issue on this thread.  The issue is whether what Doug Williams has said about George and his book is true.  The answer to that is simple.  Who cares!  Let the people read it and decide.  And more importantly decide if you think you can pass the test with it.  George is a prime example of the phrase, "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

And while all this is going on, Doug Williams is probably sitting back laughing and saying, "Keep up the free advertisement, just make sure you spell my name right".

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #35 - Aug 6th, 2003 at 6:17pm
Oh, I get it now. Every post on this site, both pro and con, is generated by George. Including this one. Because George has about 5,000 different personalities, and they argue with each other constantly.
Get real, Amused. Your delusional paranoia is quite disturbing. You really should get some help.
Incidentally, I'm sure that the Administrator could tell you that the IP address for this post is different than my last one, since it is being bounced through a proxy server in Dresden, Germany that is mixing the IP addresses of what currently reads to be 1,161 different users around the world. Anonymity is alive and well, should one choose to use it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box suethem
Very Senior User

Reply #36 - Aug 6th, 2003 at 6:30pm
Absolutely priceless!!!!!!!

This person does not need to be in LE or any other job that requires compassion.

Once he employed CM's and passed, he elevated himself above the "losers" who have failed the test. 

That is a clear sign of someone who is not capable of empathy and that makes for a dangerous person of authority.

Both Doug Williams and George agree that the polygraph is a fraud.  They have different opinions  about how to beat the machine.   

I enjoy coming to this site because there is an exploration of how the polygraph is used in our society. 

Even detractors must agree that the site is well put together and full of information for the curious.  This site is much more than a simple commercial exchange.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #37 - Aug 6th, 2003 at 6:54pm
Quote:
ust because George says all these posts came from the same SHARED doesn't mean we are all the same person.  I could be a polygrapher stirring up trouble, (and it sure is working), or I could be George himself building up a paper tiger to fight.

Why am I not surprised that, as a polygrapher, you a: are here soley to 'stir up trouble', or b: subscribing to still more paranoid delusions of conspiracies?

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

or I could be GeorgRe: A Response to Doug Williams
Reply #38 - Aug 6th, 2003 at 7:20pm
Amused,

Your write:

Quote:
...or I could be George himself building up a paper tiger to fight....

You are clearly nothing but a cowardly, self and otherwise deceiving paper tiger...but this attribution is of your own creation and through your own actions, not those of  Mr. Maschke.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Canadian Crusader
Senior User

Reply #39 - Aug 6th, 2003 at 8:03pm
If you are a polygrapher Amused, Guest, whoever..  Why are you wasting your time here with us "losers"?

The same question goes for all polygraphers on this board.  Why waste your time if the anti-poly people here are so out to lunch in our ideas and beliefs regarding the poly?

Time and time again I have read polygraphers post here that we are all wasting our time.  The poly is here to stay.  CM's are completely detectable.  We can tell when you lie.   

Seeing polygraphers engage in debate and watch this page tells me that you are a little more concerned with what goes on here beyond pure amusement and to "stir the pot".

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #40 - Aug 9th, 2003 at 9:06pm
The polygraphers who come here to "stir up trouble" do, indeed, make excellent exhibits.  Consider that, in this one thread, we have shining examples of these characteristics:

1) A polygraphers' honesty
2) A polygraphers' maturity
3) A polygraphers' inability to stick to the point
4) A polygraphers' mental state
5) A polygraphers' thoughtlessness
6) The lack of willingness of other polygraphers to disclaim the offender(s)

In general, I've only seen behavior such as this on Usenet from disturbed, angry individuals.  The fact that it shows up so often here is quite possibly indicative of a deep and pervasive problem in the polygraph community.  These are not honest, mature, stable professionals.

When I first came here, I honestly thought the description of polygraphers as professional liars and cheats was a bit knee-jerk, a reaction to polygraph "methodology" as an interrogation trick.  Thanks in large part to the postings I've seen here, I now know better: these guys don't just lie because their profession calls for it, or for the "greater good".  They really are fundamentally dishonest, immature and troubled people, and the idea that any of them sit in judgement or are the gatekeepers for our national security should deeply offend us all.

Skeptic

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #41 - Aug 9th, 2003 at 10:17pm
Skeptic wrote on Aug 9th, 2003 at 9:06pm:
The polygraphers who come here to "stir up trouble" do, indeed, make excellent exhibits.  Consider that, in this one thread, we have shining examples of these characteristics:

1) A polygraphers' honesty
2) A polygraphers' maturity
3) A polygraphers' inability to stick to the point
4) A polygraphers' mental state
5) A polygraphers' thoughtlessness
6) The lack of willingness of other polygraphers to disclaim the offender(s)

In general, I've only seen behavior such as this on Usenet from disturbed, angry individuals.  The fact that it shows up so often here is quite possibly indicative of a deep and pervasive problem in the polygraph community.  These are not honest, mature, stable professionals.

When I first came here, I honestly thought the description of polygraphers as professional liars and cheats was a bit knee-jerk, a reaction to polygraph "methodology" as an interrogation trick.  Thanks in large part to the postings I've seen here, I now know better: these guys don't just lie because their profession calls for it, or for the "greater good".  They really are fundamentally dishonest, immature and troubled people, and the idea that any of them sit in judgement or are the gatekeepers for our national security should deeply offend us all.

Skeptic

Hi Skep,

You hit upon the main reason I haven't posted recently-- the polygraph regulars are doing more for our side of the issue than I could ever hope to do! Keep it up guys! Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nonombre
Especially Senior User

Reply #42 - Jan 29th, 2006 at 2:55am
Quote:
Guest,

My response to Doug Williams, which started this message thread, is in direct answer to the attack on AntiPolygraph.org and myself that he posted on his Frequently Asked Questions page.

Mr. Williams apparently has chosen to remove the language I quoted from his website, rather than defend it.

Mr. Mashke,

I just visited Mr. Williams' site.  Looks like he has a new attack.  Do you think the quote below is referring to Antipolygraph.org?

------------------------

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers on the right"

There are new jack-in-the-box jokers springing up every day pushing "knock-off" manuals full of bad, confusing, or misleading information.  Who are these clowns?  Can you check them out?  Can you call them?  What proof do they give you that they have any polygraph experience, or more importantly that they have any expertise at all in teaching you how to pass your test?  I can tell you - you can't check them out, you can't call them, and they don't give you any proof to back up their claims, NONE, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA!  Don't you think your test is too important to trust your training to these fools?   If you listen to a fool, you are a fool!  Don't learn from a fool, learn from the expert - get properly prepared!"

Mr. Mashke, for whatever its worth, I do believe Mr. Williams to be a bit "over the top." Although he still insists the "rest of you" don't know have a clue about polygraph.

Just thought I would share...

Regards,

Nonombre

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #43 - Jan 29th, 2006 at 10:29am
Nonombre,

While I don't believe that Mr. Williams's blurb is a specific reference to AntiPolygraph.org, it seems that it is intended to include this website, among others.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LennyNYC7@aol.com

Reply #44 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 9:25pm
hav eyou taken doug williams personal course?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
A Response to Doug Williams

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X