Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A Response to Doug Williams (Read 36156 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: A Response to Doug Williams
Reply #15 - Aug 4th, 2003 at 8:19am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Doug Williams has removed the text I quoted from his Frequently Asked Questions page.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Canadian Crusader
Senior User

Reply #16 - Aug 5th, 2003 at 6:01pm
I would personally be embarassed to call myslef an expert in a field as baseless and transparent as polygraphy.

It is blatently obvious that Doug is just trying to make a buck and feels George is giving away his pie.  If Doug was so keen on exposing the fraud behind the test he would make his info free like you have George.

Keep up the good work.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest

Reply #17 - Aug 5th, 2003 at 7:35pm
In fairness, I think I should point out that Doug helped me pass the test long before George even had his site up.  And it should be noted that Doug has expertise both in polygraph testing AND countermeasures.  And he provides his phone number to answer questions thus providing a value added service.  And since when does giving away information make George an expert?  I guess the Canadians are more communistic than I thought since they seem to think capitalism is a dirty word.  Since George has used Doug's information in his book it seems to me he is basically biting the hand that feeds him.  It reminds me of the old chinese proverb - "Why do you hate me, I've never helped you."

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #18 - Aug 5th, 2003 at 8:32pm
Guest where are you coming from and what point are you trying to make?  Your post is way out in left field.

Countermeasures and the info contained in TLBTLD are not propriatary to Mr. Williams.  There is a plethora of info regarding the poly all over the net. 

Mr. Williams is trying to discredit George and this page.  From a business stand point, the only reason I can see for Mr. Williams to do so is that George is cutting into Mr. Williams sales.  It would stand to reason therefore that the info George compiled in his book is accurate.  If it wasn't, why would Doug be making such a stink?  Same sort of logic applies for all the polygraphers on this site "warning" others not to use CM's as they claim they are detectable.  If they were, would it not be in the polygraphers best interest to stay quiet on the CM matter and catch people using them redhandedly?

From this Canadians stand point it would appear that George is right on the money regarding his plight to reveal the joke behind the test and the info regarding CM's in his book.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #19 - Aug 5th, 2003 at 8:34pm
Guest,

My response to Doug Williams, which started this message thread, is in direct answer to the attack on AntiPolygraph.org and myself that he posted on his Frequently Asked Questions page.

Mr. Williams apparently has chosen to remove the language I quoted from his website, rather than defend it. Was it your intention to support his now withdrawn attack? That Mr. Williams helped you to pass a polygraph "test" long before AntiPolygraph.org went on-line, that he has expertise both in administering polygraph examination and in countermeasures, and that he provides his phone number does not answer the points I raised in my response to his attack. (Your mentioning these things does, however, raise the question of whether you might be Doug Williams posting in disguise.)

You ask, "And since when does giving away information make George an expert?" Again, in my response to Mr. Williams (you read it, didn't you?),  I make no specific claim to being an "expert." If I have written anything on polygraph matters that you believe to be incorrect, please feel free to post your concerns on this message board.

On a final note, how does our having cited Mr. Williams' manual in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector amount to biting the hand that feeds us?

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BSDetector

Reply #20 - Aug 5th, 2003 at 9:11pm
George your paranoia has reached an all time high even for you.  "They're coming to take me away ha ha, they're coming to take me away...."   Now everyone is out to get you, both pro and anti polygraph guys.  And are you posting under other names in support of your side of this little fight?  As if you would admit it.   What a joke!!!  Go to bed you need some sleep.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest

Reply #21 - Aug 5th, 2003 at 9:41pm
No, I am not Doug Williams, but I am happy to say I bought his manual,  called him numerous times for help, and am now employed as a LEO because of him.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #22 - Aug 5th, 2003 at 10:16pm
bsdetector,

Here is a little tip, take it and run with it if you'd like: ad hominem attacks only work superficially when there is some grain of truth from which to extrapolate your smear against the man; when you manufacture it wholecloth, as you've done here, you only manage to not only make yourself look petty and vicious, but stupid as well. Have a nice day,

dave

Quote:
George your paranoia has reached an all time high even for you.  "They're coming to take me away ha ha, they're coming to take me away...."   Now everyone is out to get you, both pro and anti polygraph guys.  And are you posting under other names in support of your side of this little fight?  As if you would admit it.   What a joke!!!  Go to bed you need some sleep.

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BS Detector

Reply #23 - Aug 5th, 2003 at 10:34pm
Beechtrees aka George M., I'm sorry if you don't appreciate my humor but your post makes me certain this is actually George posting under a false name.  Talk about petty and stupid - but very funny.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #24 - Aug 5th, 2003 at 10:53pm
Now who is the one who appears paranoid? No, 'bsdetector', I'm not George. I'm sure we can arrange a telephonic conference call at your convenience to ease that aforementioned paranoia...

By the way, are any of the other contributors George, or just me? Maybe you think we're ALL George? Seek help bsdetector...

Quote:
Beechtrees aka George M., I'm sorry if you don't appreciate my humor but your post makes me certain this is actually George posting under a false name.  Talk about petty and stupid - but very funny.

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Amused

Reply #25 - Aug 5th, 2003 at 11:37pm
I'm not George, I'm dave......no, no, wait a minute I'm not dave, I'm the Canadian Crusader....no, no wait a minute, I'm George and I really need everyone to tell me how great I am so I can get well.  These voices, they are getting louder, louder, yes, yes, I really am, I'm King George the Turd.  Bow down you earthlings......no, no, I'm not George........

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #26 - Aug 6th, 2003 at 12:41am
Someone hook Amused up to a poly so we can get to the bottom of things here!

Better get him to take the MMPI2 first so we can ensure he is mentally capable to take the test.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #27 - Aug 6th, 2003 at 7:52am
Quote:
George,

Perhaps Doug was upset about my post (I can't find it now) that questioned his character in regard to the apparent contradictions of his past (thousands of exams run?!) and present polygraph views. ?

Public Servant,

I think you're referring here to another reference on Doug Williams' Frequently Asked Questions list. Where he speaks of attacks on his character, he is apparently referring to the recently re-designed Passapolygraph.com website, which now has an "About Our Competition" page that refers to Doug Williams without mentioning him by name.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

FOR THE RECORD
Reply #28 - Aug 6th, 2003 at 9:09am
For the record, the various posts in this message thread posted under the names:

amused
Amused
BS Detector
BSDetector

have all originated from the same, shared IP addresses.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Amused

Reply #29 - Aug 6th, 2003 at 3:50pm
And now George is posting as the ADMINISTRATOR too.  Look out everyone.  Don't say anything bad about King George or he will track you down and destroy you.  What a joke!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
A Response to Doug Williams

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X