Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) poly tomorrow (Read 9844 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box william northrop

poly tomorrow
Jul 24th, 2003 at 2:34am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have my first and only poly tomorrow for my probation. I'm a little worried for one because there were a couple times in the last couple of months when I've had a beer or two, which is of course against the rules, and for two because of the fact I've read some nice stories about innocent people getting the shaft from the poly. To get to the point, I'm wondering what to do quite frankly. I've heard from other guys who have taken this already that it's hooked up to a computer, and that they ask you if your name is such and such and if your age is such and such, and beside those questions, all the rest are relevant. Any help? Any comments?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Guest

Re: poly tomorrow
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 2:47am
What kind of post-conviction testing are you undergoing?  Before anyone dispenses any advice to you they should know what kind of criminal you have been.  I know many passionate posters on this site would disagree with me.  However, I wonder if they found out you were a childmolester (not that you are), would they want to help you attempt to thwart the legal process and possibly re-offend?

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 3:00am
Dear Lord, I'm not a sex offender, that's quite disgusting. I'm on probation for domestic violence, and before you go thinking I'm some hillbilly white-trash punk, I'm not, I didn't just walk up and hit her, I didn't get pissed and lay her out. Short story we have been fighting and she started pushing me, and then throwing stuff at my car, and then she slammed me in my car door, and started slapping me, eventually after trying many times to leave, I went on the defensive and fought back, with less force than she used nonetheless. Suddenly, though she intiated and perpetuated the physical violence, she was turned into the victim, though she hit me 5 times or more than I even touched her, I was bleeding from her, she had two small bruises and that's it, again I was bleeding, my entire left leg was bruised from her slamming it in my car door repeatedly, and the right side of my face was very red and swollen from her repeatedly slapping me. I'm sorry I've put so much detail into this, but even to this day I'm quite bitter about the situation.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 3:11am
Instead of worrying about trying to get away with a couple of beers, why not get things right with yourself?  I won't chide you for comments in your "statement", but only ask what caused her to go off?  You probably won't answer, but it must have been something you did (or did not do).

What would happen to you if you are caught using countermeasures?  What happens if you admit you had a "couple of beers?"  I'd seriously weigh the difference.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 3:23am
Well for one, you know nothing about me, let's get that straight. I really don't care what you think about what happened, I could care less if you chided or not. I know what happened, I know that I was definately not the instigator, nor the agressor, and by all means she was definately not the victim. I did not come on here to discuss my crime of conviction. And what caused her to go off was the fact I expressed an uneasy feeling about her going to the movies and out with another guy, on a date basis, all while we're supposedly engaged. I didn't even say, well you're not going to, or anything of the sort, I said, honey this makes me a little uncomfortable. One little statement, she could have gone, all I was doing was letting her know that I was uncomfortable with it, but she could do as she pleased, and she "went off" and started yelling at me that she could do whatever she wished, blah blah blah... The thing is, I wasn't TRYING to stop her from doing what she wished, I simply expressed to her that I was umcomfortable with her (my fiance) going out on a date scenario with another guy, if she did it she did it, if that's what she wanted to do, oh well, I simply told her it made me uncomfortable when she went off.

The consequences of me failing the poly would be for me to go to jail for 1 to 3 months, regardless of what I did, believe me I've already talked about it with my P.O., which would then in turn cause me to lose my job, not be able to go back to college, and it's a downhill chain reaction from there. I have a LOT to lose, everything I've worked so hard for.

Again, I'm not here to discuss my crime of conviction, if "guest" just wanted to see what I did to then go off on ME about it, I won't sit here and listen to it. I came here looking for help, and it appears none is being offered, the only thing that is is "guest" and his snide remarks. Thanks, but no, I'll pass

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Saidme
Especially Senior User

Reply #5 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 4:56am
Get a counselor and get off this website.  You sound like a whiner.  Hell, I'd probably whack you too.  Maybe I should go to anger management classes as well.   Shocked

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 5:49am
Expressing my being uncomfortable with her going out on a date when we are engaged is whining? Please. Honestly I came to this website for jelp, and all I've found is a group of snide, think they are witty, assholes. Thanks a lot.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #7 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 8:04am
Mr. Northrop,

The polygraph is a sham. Read The Lie Behind the Lie Detector which you can download from this site:

http://www.antipolygraph.org/pubs.shtml

The test includes not just relevant and irrelevant questions, but also control questions (ones they secretly expect you to lie on). This is all explained in the book.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Reply #8 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 6:49pm
Mr. Northrop,
Odds are you will be asked a generic "Have you violated the conditions of your probation in the last X days?" Unless you are known to have a drinking problem and/or were drunk at the time of your offense, the question won't be specifically about drinking.
How long have you been on probation, and how much time do you have left? Did your PO tell you that "failing" the poly would result in a jail sentence, or did he tell you that any information that comes to light as a result of the poly, regardless of "pass" or "fail" will result in a jail sentence? There is a difference.
One last thought. If your name really is William Northrop, you may be sunk anyway. Hope your PO or your polygrapher don't frequent this board Sad

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Canadian Crusader
Senior User

Reply #9 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 7:59pm
Something doesn't sound right with your story William.

By the sounds of it you had the shit kicked out of you.   Bruised legs, bloody all over, red swollen face?  All she had were two bruises from your defense?  Sounds to me like you acted out of self defense and got shafted with a green public defender.

Either that or you are not telling the whole truth here and it would be hard to give you advise based on half truths.

If drinking is against the rules of your probation why did you drink?  You broke the law again.  Appears to be a pattern of behavior here.

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 9:54pm
orolan wrote on Jul 24th, 2003 at 6:49pm:
Mr. Northrop,
Odds are you will be asked a generic "Have you violated the conditions of your probation in the last X days?" Unless you are known to have a drinking problem and/or were drunk at the time of your offense, the question won't be specifically about drinking.
How long have you been on probation, and how much time do you have left? Did your PO tell you that "failing" the poly would result in a jail sentence, or did he tell you that any information that comes to light as a result of the poly, regardless of "pass" or "fail" will result in a jail sentence? There is a difference.
One last thought. If your name really is William Northrop, you may be sunk anyway. Hope your PO or your polygrapher don't frequent this board Sad

I have been on probation for 3-4 months now, I don't remember how long, and I still have another 20-21 months to go. My PO told me that regardless how information came to light, it would result in a jail sentence. My name is what I said.  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 9:59pm
Quote:
Something doesn't sound right with your story William.

By the sounds of it you had the shit kicked out of you.   Bruised legs, bloody all over, red swollen face?  All she had were two bruises from your defense?  Sounds to me like you acted out of self defense and got shafted with a green public defender.

Either that or you are not telling the whole truth here and it would be hard to give you advise based on half truths.

If drinking is against the rules of your probation why did you drink?  You broke the law again.  Appears to be a pattern of behavior here.

I did get shafted, but not from my attorney. I got shafted from the way domestic violence is handled in my county. For one in any criminal situation, the person who calls the police first will not go to jail, it's a known fact around this town. Two, it's also a known fact that police here will I would guess up to 90% of the time take the male to jail over the female. Three, I'm not a habitual offender of any sort, I have no juvenile record, and the crime of conviction being discussed here is the only thing I've done wrong except minor traffic infractions.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Jul 25th, 2003 at 12:33am
It doesn't sound like allot is beiong asked of you.  You have complicated your own circumstance and have chosen to reveal this in a public forum.  Your looking for advice in the wrong place.  The stress in your life would be greatly reduced if you followed the conditions of your parole and made better chioces in life.  As far as me being snide, your wrong.  My questions and comments were direct.  You are an overly sensitive punching bag.  Stand up and be a man if you can.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Reply #13 - Jul 26th, 2003 at 5:09pm
No word from William re his polygraph on the 24th. Suppose he got locked up Undecided

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box william Northrop

Reply #14 - Aug 9th, 2003 at 4:27am
orolan wrote on Jul 26th, 2003 at 5:09pm:
No word from William re his polygraph on the 24th. Suppose he got locked up Undecided

Actually there's been no word from me because I've been busy working and enjoying the free life. I did pass my polygraph without a problem. This will be my last post here... for a while anyway. I'm very interested in stopping polygraph testing because well, it is a total sham, a nice prop for interrogation but nothing more.

IP Logged

poly tomorrow

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X