Normal Topic Irrelevant/Control Question (Read 7382 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wholelotta

Irrelevant/Control Question
Jul 23rd, 2003 at 10:40am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
My question is for the Poly and CVSA . During the CQT testing do you use countermeasures for the Irrelevant Questions as well as the Control Questions or just during the Control Questions? 
More specific is do I adjust breathing and pucker for the irrelevant questions or just the control questions. Thanks ???

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Batman
Very Senior User

Re: Irrelevant/Control Question
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2003 at 9:25pm
Hey Rufus,

I think you should simply ask your examiner.  After he reviews the questions with you just ask him, "Sir, which questions would it be best for me to slam the old anal cavity door shut?"

According to most posters on this site he'll be too damn dumb to know what you're really asking and will provide you with the answer.  Hell, do everyone a favor and give it a shot and then report back.

George,

I hope you start drawing upon a better poster group or I may just stop checking in.

BATMAN

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2003 at 11:49pm
Batman,
Quote:
...he'll be too damn dumb to know what you're really asking...

If the examiner in question is planning on giving a combination R/I-CQT-CVSA exam as indicated by Wholelotta's questions, you're probably right.
But somehow I think the "dumb" one here is Wholelotta. Wink

Wholelotta,
You are very confused about what is going on, and odds are you are going to blow it bigtime. Either go back and study some more or just do it the honest way.

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 2:06am
Hey Batman....What a LOSER you must be to sit at home all day on your Fat Ass and post negative comments all day. You must feel pretty bad about yourself to have to bash others. I've noticed by all the posts you have written and the content of those posts that you're pretty low on the social scale.Not too many friends Huh(Boo Whoo!!)Why don't you do everyone a favor and lift your large ass off the computer chair.. Stop Posting... Get a Life...and Get off this site..You LOSER..
The only reason people like you post negativity on this site is cause you were the kids who got beat up in school and everyone made fun of you and now you think you have a position with power and can control people. Well guess what?  Sites like this are about to make people like you Losers again. Hope you can find a job as an Oral Condom Checker.

........To anyone who wants to help......
I have a Voice Stress test in a few days for one job and a Poly in a few weeks for another job Do I use countermeasures during the irrelevant questions as well as the control?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Guest

Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 3:02am
Batman was right, Wholelotta.  You should ask the examiner.  Let him know you have researched polygraph and wanted to use countermeasures.  Tell him why you wanted to use countermeasures, whatever the reason.  Has anyone posting to this site done that?  Since it is not illegal to obtain this kind of information you have nothing to be concerned about.

I'm curious, if your examiner was aware of your knowledge of polygraph or lack there of, if he would continue to utilize the CQT?  You wouldn't be taking anymore risk than you would utilizing countermeasures.   

Since it is not typically mentioned here, let me.  Even if you produce natural-looking physiological responses to a control question, you will still respond to any other questions you are lying to, such as the relevant questions.  Remember, the keepers of this site do not want to aide any real wrongdoers, just the innocent "would be victims" of polygraph.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Saidme
Especially Senior User

Reply #5 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 4:32am
Holeotta (or Rufus if you prefer)

Why don't you just confess to whatever it is you're lying about and get the whole damn thing over with.  A couple more posts and we'll have the confession right here on antipolygraph.org.   

If it's a pre-employment then it's probably not worth sucking your boxers right up your ass during a polygraph examination.  Although I always enjoy watching examinee's do it, you can't beat it for entertainment.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box WholeLotta Losers in Here

Reply #6 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 5:57am
I'll be sure to let you all know when I beat your pathetic test and hopefully it will be one of your sorry asses giving the poly. It's so funny to read all of your posts cause it's like watching rats on a sinking ship. Your trying anything to hold on to your jobs. Soon it's the unemployment line for all of you. Cause trust me when I say this... When people find out you all were the ones behind the poly your ass is grass and everyone you guys ever interogated is the lawnmower. The best thing is you all know everything said about is true you HAVE NO LIFE...LOSERS 
     ...there's a WHOLELOTTA losers in here...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Public Servant
Very Senior User

Reply #7 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 6:51am
Perhaps -Killer will loan this guy the mirror I plan to give him! Smiley

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Public Servant
Very Senior User

Reply #8 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 6:59am
Whatever happened to debate of substance?  Have we completely gone to taunts and absurd insults here?

This thread is quite humorous, but has little value for anyone. 

My answer to wholelotta is to refrain from employing countermeasures at all.  First of all, it's cheating.  Secondly, you'll likely get caught.  And thirdly, who's to say what is a control question and what is not. As I pointed out in the thread "Loose Lips by Claire Berlinski," the examinee in the story CMed on a relevant during a test which had no control questions.  

CM on a relevant and you'll fail (or be laughed at-possibly DQ'd as well - if CM is found to be the reason for relevant response).  CM on anything else--especially an irelevant--and there's a good chance you'll get caught.  If you were truthful to the relevants to start with you've done nothing but discredit yourself, when you could have proven your credibility through honesty. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #9 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 8:28am
Wholelotta,

For detailed information on polygraph countermeasures, download  The Lie Behind the Lie Detector. One would not augment reactions to the irrelevant questions, just the "control" questions.

Note that the physical countermeasures described in TLBTLD have no demonstrated effect on CVSA tests. However, the behavioral countermeasures described in Chapter 4 may nonetheless be helpful.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #10 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 8:43am
Public Servant,

You write in part:

Quote:
My answer to wholelotta is to refrain from employing countermeasures at all. ?First of all, it's cheating.

As noted in Chapter 4 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, I think it is not unethical for truthful persons -- faced with an employer that routinely lies to and otherwise deceives applicants and/or employees through the polygraph process -- to employ countermeasures to protect themselves against the risk of a false positive outcome.

Quote:
Secondly, you'll likely get caught.

The National Academy of Sciences, which recently completed a review of the scientific evidence on the polygraph, found no evidence that such is the case. And in studies by Dr. Charles R. Honts and collaborators, even experienced polygraphers were unable to detect countermeasure use at better-than-chance levels of accuracy.

Quote:
And thirdly, who's to say what is a control question and what is not. As I pointed out in the thread "Loose Lips by Claire Berlinski," the examinee in the story CMed on a relevant during a test which had no control questions.

Mistaking a relevant question for a "control" question is perhaps the biggest risk when employing countermeasures, which is why we suggest in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector that reactions be augmented only to those questions that the reader is certain are "control" questions.

Here is a link to the message thread Loose Lips by Claire Berlinski to which Public Servant referred.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Reply #11 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 10:46am
Thanks George for your advice. I find this site very informative and helpful. Keep up the good work.

And to Public Servant the reason I'm using countermeasures is that my best friend who was an Officer for 7 years with two different depts. passed two different polys left the force to pursue other things and when he tried to get hired by a different dept he failed the poly. He told the truth and he's the most honest guy. Never did drugs, Never in trouble,Never a problem.
They told him he lied on the drug questions and the guy's never even picked up a cigarette. So he passes two polys without a problem and now he's a drug user.. I think not I think just like every other Police officer, that the poly is a joke and it's always against the truthful. I'm not taking any chances.....

This site is not about teaching bad people to beat the test it's about getting the goverment to realize that the test is flawed and we should seek other ways to test because too many honest people are being hurt!!!!

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #12 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 8:48pm
Wholelotta,

Oral Condom Checker?  What's a job like that pay?

So you're simply afraid of being wrongly accused of lying?  I think not.  You, like so many other seekers of knowledge who come to this site, are simply full of shit.  You've got a little secret to hide and you're looking for anything that will assist you.

As for your friend, who never did anything wrong in his entire life, well how the hell would you know that?  There is absolutely no way you can be that definitive.  Guys like you go just a bit too far in trying to make your point about how honest you are, and how your super honest friends got screwed over by polygraph.

Nobody is that honest pal.  If your human, you've done something wrong, so stop with all the bullshit and simply admit that you want to beat the system by not disclosing your past drug use, theft, or whatever your misdeed may be.

If you think, "that the poly is a joke and it's always against the truthful", then just tell the agency that is requiring you to take one about how you feel.  Take George's bible to them and show them just how stupid they are to rely on such witchcraft.  Grow some damn balls and stand up for what you believe.  Tell them that there is no way you would ever even consider working for any agency that would utilize such a "joke" as the polygraph.

Yeah right.  Balls?  I doubt you'd know where to find yours if I gave you a road mad, and pointed your head in the right direction.  Go use your CM's, lie like some street scumbag, and maybe, just maybe you'll get lucky enough to get the job.

Don't forget to report back!

BATMAN

IP Logged

Reply #13 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 9:25pm
Hey Batman thanks for your helpful comments I think I'm gonna do it your way. At the end of your comment you said
Quote:
Go use your CM's, lie like some street scumbag, and maybe, just maybe you'll get lucky enough to get the job. 

I think that right there is the best help you could give. So your saying that if I Lie and use countermeasures the same ones you claim are completly detectable, theres still a chance I could get the job. WOW!! Thanks for all your help BATMAN YOUR THE BEST!!!!!!

AND GUESS WHAT I'VE FOUND MY BALLS THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP......THEY WERE IN YOUR MOUTH THE WHOLE TIME.....BATMAN YOUR THE BEST...........

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #14 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 9:43pm
Now if I were wanting to strike a low blow against the aniti-poly folks, I'd rant about how Wholelotta is your typical, vulgar, ignorant anti-poly type who when cornered reverts to disgusting insults.

However, I realize that those attributes are only held by the pro-poly types, regardless of how far out of his way Wholelotta is going to disprove this.  And, I also know he is simply wandering through, not a permanent member of the "I hate you/You hate me" gang.

Wholelotta,

So by stating that you are going to do what I mentioned, "lie like some street scumbag..." I guess I was right about your real intentions.  You're not quite the little angel your Momma thought she raised are you?

Oh yeah, you can't find what you never had.

BATMAN

IP Logged

Irrelevant/Control Question

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X