Normal Topic I'm testing in 2 weeks, have a quick question (Read 2144 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

I'm testing in 2 weeks, have a quick question
Jul 22nd, 2003 at 4:06am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I'm testing for a LE agency in 2 weeks, and I'm EXTREMELY nervous.  I've heard stories from people who swore they were telling the truth (and I believe them) and they still failed the polygraph.   

I don't want to lie at all, but am still worried.. I've read the lie behind the lie detector, and its made me feel a bit better, but it still seems like they just might throw you out because of a bad reading.

The big question I have though, is that when I was 17, I stole about $200 from an employer.  It was stupid, and I was a stupid kid, and I still feel bad about it.  Will they just toss me out once I tell them this? It was about 13 years ago, am I screwed?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anonymous

Re: I'm testing in 2 weeks, have a quick question
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2003 at 4:57am
Oh, I should mention that I am going to tell them, just wondering if I'll just be thrown out right after...  Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sie
User

Re: I'm testing in 2 weeks, have a quick question
Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2003 at 10:12am
Quote:
I'm testing for a LE agency in 2 weeks, and I'm EXTREMELY nervous.  I've heard stories from people who swore they were telling the truth (and I believe them) and they still failed the polygraph.  

I don't want to lie at all, but am still worried.. I've read the lie behind the lie detector, and its made me feel a bit better, but it still seems like they just might throw you out because of a bad reading.

The big question I have though, is that when I was 17, I stole about $200 from an employer.  It was stupid, and I was a stupid kid, and I still feel bad about it.  Will they just toss me out once I tell them this? It was about 13 years ago, am I screwed?

Yes and No. Polygraphers love getting little tidbits like these and will most likely score you as nondeceptive. How the agency thats considering your employment will view this is another matter.

IP Logged

I'm testing in 2 weeks, have a quick question

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X