Normal Topic My Complaint to DOJ IG triggered investigation (Read 2355 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box NoName

My Complaint to DOJ IG triggered investigation
Jul 21st, 2003 at 6:38am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I was reading an NY Times article about abuses with the Patriot Act that the DOJ Inspector General wrote about in a report to Congress. You can read it here at: http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/21/politics/21JUST.html?pagewanted=2&hp

The second to last paragraph in the article states: 

"The report said that two of the cases were referred to internal investigators at the Federal Bureau of Investigation because they involved bureau employees. In one case, the report said, the bureau investigated — and determined to be unsubstantiated — a complaint that an F.B.I. agent had 'displayed aggressive, hostile and demeaning behavior while administering a pre-employment polygraph examination.'" 

-----------------------
It seems that the complaint was by me. In my letter to the DOJ IG I wrote: "Throughout my examination Templeton displayed aggressive, hostile, and demeaning behavior." Templeton was the FBI agent who administered my pre-employment polygraph. 

Even though they found it unsubstantiated, it's good to know this unprofessional FBI polygrapher had to be investigated because of me. He apparently does not play nice with South Asians or Middle Easterners. Just ask Abdallah Higazy, the Eygptian student put in federal detention based on a false confession extracted by Templeton. Anyway, just thought some of you would be interested in reading this. Hope it helps. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: My Complaint to DOJ IG triggered investigation
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2003 at 9:22am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
NoName,

Thank you for sharing this. It was a foregone conclusion that the FBI would not be able to substantiate your complaint: the FBI's willful policy of not recording polygraph examinations guarantees that any allegations of polygrapher misconduct will be uncorroborable, and speaks to the need for mandatory recording of interrogations in general and polygraph examinations in particular.

If you would contact me by e-mail at maschke@antipolygraph.org, I'd like to discuss with you some further action that I think could and should be taken regarding your complaint. For example, it might be appropriate to contact Congressman Conyers and Philip Shenon at the New York Times regarding this. I was thinking of doing this independently, but I think it would be a very good thing if they were also to hear from you.

By the way, the DOJ's report on SA Michael Templeton's polygraph interrogation of Abdallah Higazy (which resulted in a false confession and the latter's detention) is available here:

http://www.antipolygraph.org/documents/higazy-oig-report.shtml

NoName, your testimony could be very helpful to Mr. Higazy, who has filed a lawsuit against SA Templeton and others involved in the violation of his civil rights. I'd like to put you in touch with each other and hope to hear from you.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

My Complaint to DOJ IG triggered investigation

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X