Normal Topic other countermeasures (Read 4220 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box swampthing
New User

other countermeasures
Jul 18th, 2003 at 1:05am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
does anyone know if taking stimulants or depressants or sedatives would help someone pass a polygraph since they can speed up or slow down ones heart rate? also does anyone have any input on the putting a tack on your toe and pressing it everytime your ask a question?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Saidme
Especially Senior User

Re: other countermeasures
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2003 at 4:01am
God you guys give me good stuff to respond to.  I think a bottle of Tylenol and a razor blade to your wrist would do the trick.  Just kidding.  I suspect stimulants would do one hell of a job on your autonomic nervous system during the test.  Actually, it might be enjoyable to observe (not kidding).  There is no one magic drug that will affect all tracings on a polygraph.  At least not one that's been proven scientifically valid, peer reviewed, with empiracal evidence.  I don't know if you're taking a specific issue test (regarding a crime) or it's a pre-employment test but if it's a specific issue, just go on down and confess to the police.  You'll feel a hell of a lot better about yourself and get yourself back on the right track.  Hell, Catholics (no offense to Catholics) do it all the time.  If it's a pre-employment issue, good luck but keep the classified handy.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Poly-Killer
Senior User

"Knock, Knock!"

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2003 at 9:12pm
I have to say that saidme is right. Taking drugs won't do anything to help the comparisons on the chart. If your heart rate or BP is up or down because of a drug, it will be up or down all the way across the board. If it's pre-employment, do some research and practice cm's. If it's specific issue and you're guilty, get a lawyer. Better yet, don't agree to a poly, they can't force you to take one. The tack-in-shoe cm could work, but you run the risk of getting caught. You should read the book here or do some research on the subject to see exactly how polys work.

Saidme,
I hate to admit it, but the razor blade and tylenol thing made me laugh, but I also have kind of a twisted sense of humor...you're a good source of entertainment, if nothing else. 

PK

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ray
Senior User

Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2003 at 3:12am
PK,
Why would you tell the guy to get a lawyer?  You're a cop!!!!  Get this guy in an interview room!!

IP Logged

Senior User

"Knock, Knock!"

Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2003 at 12:47pm
Ray,

The advice I give comes from what I would give to you or anyone, an honest answer. I don't even know the reason he wants to know. I don't read that much into the question, just the face value.

PK

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Batman
Very Senior User

Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2003 at 11:33pm
Ray,

Poly-Killer is not cop, he's a Clown!

Poly-Killer,

"The tack-in-shoe cm could work..."  Oh yeah that's a good one.  Personally I like the tack in the forehead.  Just ask the Examiner to push on it when the comparison questions are asked.

Swampthing,

I think if you take enough depressants you can slow your heart beat down to zero....that should work!

BATMAN

IP Logged

Senior User

"Knock, Knock!"

Reply #6 - Jul 21st, 2003 at 10:20am
Batman wrote on Jul 20th, 2003 at 11:33pm:
Ray,

Poly-Killer is not cop, he's a Clown!

Poly-Killer,

"The tack-in-shoe cm could work..."  Oh yeah that's a good one.  Personally I like the tack in the forehead.  Just ask the Examiner to push on it when the comparison questions are asked.

Swampthing,

I think if you take enough depressants you can slow your heart beat down to zero....that should work!

BATMAN

Swampthing,

Batman is not a BAT, he's a poly examiner. Personally I'd rather be a bat.

And yes, bat-dork, I AM a cop...nearly eight years now. Sorry if that bothers you. 

The tack-in-the-forehead was funny, I actually laughed out loud.

PK

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Saidme
Especially Senior User

Reply #7 - Jul 21st, 2003 at 5:30pm
PK

I know Batman and he's a real bat! Cheesy

IP Logged

Senior User

"Knock, Knock!"

Reply #8 - Jul 21st, 2003 at 7:07pm
That actually wouldn't surprise me.  Grin

IP Logged

other countermeasures

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X