Normal Topic usss letter (Read 4436 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box frank smith

usss letter
Jul 12th, 2003 at 5:59pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I just recieved a letter from the usss ud.It says that my application was reviewed.With other candidates who applied for the ud position.I was not selected for further consideration.It also says it is not a,negative reflection of my qulifications.
No reasons were given why I  was not chosen.Is there any process that I can find ouy why?
I passed the written test.I passed the panel interview,and completed the polygraph.
The letter was dated 06/20/03
The letter came in the mail 07/11/03

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box suethem
Very Senior User

Re: usss letter
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2003 at 11:33pm
Frank,

Maybe your teeth are not sharp enough!! (just kidding)

Some people have posted that USSS is hiring from the Uniform Division more than 'street hires.'

If the last step in the process was the polygraph and you did not receive a letter saying you passed, then I would assume that is the reason.

Several of my friends/co-workers that have moved on to SA positions have had some kind of advanced training.  One of my friends got a Masters in  Forensics, another got some kind of advanced EMT status, another was a techno geek.

If USSS is the goal for you, consider the uniform division.  Its a very important position.  Get in move up and on.  Good luck!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

Re: usss letter
Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2003 at 9:16am
Frank,

The Secret Service sends out the same rejection letter--known on Internet message boards as the BQA (better qualified applicants) letter--to everyone that is rejected, regardless of reason.

If the last thing you completed before you got the much dreaded BQA letter was the polygraph, you can be almost certain that your charts scored as "failing," causing your rejection. Unlike the FBI, the USSS does not mention polygraph failures in the letters sent to those disqualified via this unethical foolishness.

The only way to know for sure the official reason for your rejection will be to file a successful Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.

IP Logged

usss letter

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X