Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Irondale, AL Mayor Orders Polygraphs at City Hall (Read 24644 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mrsb
New User

Re: Irondale, AL Mayor Orders Polygraphs at City H
Reply #15 - Jul 10th, 2003 at 9:29am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
If y'all only lived here in Irondale, Alabama to see this mess for yourself!  First of all, it's odd how a mayor's city that is so far in debt WAS willing to spend $200 per test per employee just to railroad a whistle blower after laying off over 30 city employees last year.  Second, can you imagine how the federal government would come down on Mr. A. Allen Ramsey if he did take disciplinary action on a whistle blower?

And I'd just like to say for the record that Mr. Ramsey thinks HE is the city, and not the employees and citizens of Irondale.  If there were no such thing as "power," then Mr. Ramsey would have no interest in the position of mayor whatsoever! Roll Eyes (Ooops!  Did I say that?Lips Sealed) Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #16 - Jul 10th, 2003 at 9:41am
mrsb,

As I recall, Russ Fine mentioned to me that he was amazed to learn that the federal whistleblower protection law offers no protection to the person who disclosed the police report (which is a public record that Irondale had improperly, and perhaps illegally, refused to release).

The polygraph witch hunt Ramsey had ordered -- to find a whistleblower who broke no law -- is indeed an outrage. The city council's public safety committee, which has taken over the hunt for the whistleblower, may yet order polygraph testing. If you are in a position to inform any city hall employees about this website, I hope you'll mention it to them. Anyone ordered to submit to a polygraph interrogation would benefit from reading The Lie Behind the Lie Detector first.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mrsb
New User

Reply #17 - Jul 10th, 2003 at 10:36am
Dear George,

I am very much in a position to inform city hall employees of this website.  But to keep from being marked here in "Mayberry II," I will only contact one and then let that person *network*.  As a matter of fact, I've been trying to contact that particular person since before I even posted the first time.

Yes, this is an outrage!  It's an outrage that Ramsey's top priority is to discipline a truth-telling-whistleblower rather than to make sure his police department is following departmental procedures and policies so that there is no need for whistleblowing! Wink

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #18 - Jul 10th, 2003 at 11:26am
mrsb,

If you have the e-mail addresses of any city employees, you could send them a message through an anonymous remailer. This would protect you from being "marked." You'll find a web-based secure, anonymous remailer here:

https://riot.EU.org/anon/remailer.html.en

An alternate technique would be to create a free, anonymous e-mail account with ZipLip. Unlike most email services, ZipLip does not include your IP address in e-mail messages.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #19 - Jul 12th, 2003 at 9:24am
For an update on the Irondale scandal, see:

http://www.postherald.com/me071103.shtml

Here's an excerpt:

Quote:
Two Irondale City Council members want some answers -- and perhaps an investigation into their own Police Department. 

Councilman Simpson Berry said he has received many inquiries from Irondale residents after questions were raised about an incident in which police say they found a city councilman's son with 3 pounds of what officers believed was marijuana. The 19-year-old son has never been charged in the incident, police and court documents show. 

Berry, who said the city of Irondale also is being portrayed in a bad light on local talk radio stations, said he wants to put an end to the controversy by getting some questions answered. 

"We want the public to have correct information, and we want the correct information," Berry said Thursday. "Sometimes we can be blinded." 

Berry and Councilman Jack Boone called a public meeting for 4 p.m. today to discuss bringing in an outside person to investigate the Police Department. 

"There might be some things we all need to know and possibly consider bringing some additional experts in to look at this whole affair," Berry said. 

"Just from the council, city attorney and the mayor, we need some other people to come in ... and suggest to us some things that we can do and some things we should have done," Berry said. "Maybe some of us are a little too close to the situation."

Berry also said he wanted to discuss the demand by Mayor Allen Ramsey that city employees take lie-detector tests after a copy of the police report was leaked to the media, which led to the Jackson incident coming to light. Ramsey wanted polygraph tests to find out who released the report. He since has relented from the demand.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Irondale, AL Mayor Orders Polygraphs at City Hall

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X