Normal Topic need some help (Read 5579 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box randy
New User

need some help
Jun 16th, 2003 at 4:04am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
HI EVERYONE I NEED SOME HELP? I AM A BASS FISHERMAN IN NORTH TEXAS I AM A TOURNEMENT ANGLER AND HAVE BEEN ONE FOR SEVERAL YEARS ,POLYGRAPHS HAVE BEEN A PART OF BASSFISHING FOR QUITE SOME TIME, I HAVE TAKEN SEVERAL BEFORE AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. LAST SATURDAY I WAS FISHING ON RAY HUBBARD THAT IS A LAKE IN TEXAS, I CAME TO THE SCALES WITH 11.06 LBS OF BASS AND I TOOK THE LEAD , NOT A LARGE AMOUNT BY MY STANDARDS , I WAS CALLED TO THE POLYGRAPH VAN WHICH NO BIG DEAL BEEN THEAR BEFORE, TWENTY MINUITES LATER WAM I AM A LIER AND A CHEETER, MY LIFE HAS BEEN HELL, ONLY TO RECIEVE THE SUPPORT OF SO MANY PEOPLE RADIO STATIONS ARE CALLING ME , PEOPLE VISUALLY WATCHED ME CATCH MY FISH ,AND THE MACHINE SAID I WAS A LIER, I BECAME A MENTAL MESS. THE LARGEST TOURNEYMENT TRAIL IN TEXAS CALLED ME ON FRIDAY AND OFFERED ME ANOTHER TEST FOR FREE THEY KNOW I DIDENT CHEAT. I WAS HOOKED UP TO THE MACHINE FOR 15 MINUITES NOT SAYING A WORD THEY WERE JUST CHECKING MY VITALS  AND I FAILED. THEY TELL ME YOU MUST BREATH 14-18 BREATHS PER MINUITE I CANT MUSTER MORE THAN 10  AND WHEN THEY TELL ME I AM BREATHING TO SLOW AND I PICK UP THE PACE UNNATURAL TO ME I START BLOWING THE MACHINE OUT OF THE WATER. IS SOMTHING WRONG WITH ME ? PLEASE HELP I HAVE BEEN BANNED FROM COMPETITIVE BASS FISHING TILL I CAN PASS THE TEST  GOD BLESS RANDY

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Re: need some help
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2003 at 5:54am
Randy

I seriously doubt that you will ever be able to pass a fishing polygraph again. The subject matter will always effect your physiologocal characteristics i.e. blood pressure, heart rate, perspiration, etc., because now, having been falsely branded a liar, your anger and stress is going to raise these characteristics probably more than lieing. I have done  research on this and I have found nothing that refutes this statement. If a polygrapher tells you he can distinguish between these and lieing, then call him a damn liar to his face.

The fact that he had you to alter your normal breathing pattern, appears that he was setting you up for failure at the start. This sounds extremely "fishy" on his part. There must have been a favorite fisherman in this tournament.

My advise is to download "The Lie behind the lie dector", study it very carefully then sue the bastard for character assasination. You have witnesses to your catch. There is no way that he can prove, in a court of law, that he or his machine can detect lies. Both are too flawed.

BTW, would you mind putting the polygrapher's name on this board?

You can email me through this site or get my email address by clicking on my name here.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box randy
New User

Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2003 at 7:04am
truley if you ever wanted to be polygraphed by someone this would be the guy , i just know , i do not believe in the polygraph nor does many around, guys i know this is hard for you to understand  but we as bass fisherman have to have a detourant otherwise the cheeting would be un believable ,money on the line ,thear have been hundreds of polygraphs , very few failures.  i dont understand. but i do know this the polygraph does not work.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2003 at 7:39am
Randy,

Polygraph "testing" has an inherent bias against the truthful. You'll find the reasons for this summarized in one of AntiPolygraph.org's posters that you can download here:

http://antipolygraph.org/publicity/campus-poster-005.pdf

The only anglers polygraph testing will deter from cheating are those who don't understand that polygraph "tests" have no scientific basis and are easily beaten through the use of countermeasures that polygraphers can't detect. For a brief explanation of how to beat the polygraph, see this poster:

http://antipolygraph.org/publicity/campus-poster-004.pdf

As Twoblock suggested, download The Lie Behind the Lie Detector for more on polygraphy. It exposes the fraud behind polygraph "testing" in much more detail, including tips on how to pass.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #4 - Jun 16th, 2003 at 7:49am
Randy,

One other thing... When you are contacted by radio stations or others, feel free to refer them to AntiPolygraph.org. We'd be happy to speak with them about polygraph issues, and perhaps to arrange for an interview. We can be contacted by voice mail at 1-206-666-4271 or by e-mail to info@antipolygraph.org.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #5 - Jun 18th, 2003 at 1:08am
Randy

Just wanted to let you know that I have tried 3 times to answer your email and it won't work. Contact me again from the email address that you asked me use and I will hit the reply and do it that way.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Saidme
Especially Senior User

Reply #6 - Jun 18th, 2003 at 1:20am
Something sounds fishy!   8)

IP Logged

need some help

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X