Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) "how to sting the polygraph" (Read 77888 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box wombat
User

"how to sting the polygraph"
Jun 3rd, 2003 at 5:09pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
has any one read "how to sting the polygragh"? is it worth the 50 buks?
or is it enough to read the book published on this site?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fed-up Fed

Re:  polygraph"
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2003 at 11:59pm
They both suck

IP Logged

User

Re: "how to sting the polygraph"
Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2003 at 2:27am
then what do you suggest? i have a polygraph soon. need some good advice on countermeasures.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest.

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2003 at 2:38am
Just read the free one first and then if you feel like you need more consider paying for the other one.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box wuzafuzz

Re: polygraph"
Reply #4 - Jun 4th, 2003 at 4:46am
And then ask the numbskulls on this site for advice.  Great idea.

IP Logged

User

Reply #5 - Jun 4th, 2003 at 1:28pm
i have read the book on this site. it seems pretty informative. is it enough? 
how many of you can actually tel me thaey used countermeasures and passed? id like to get intouch with one of you (by e mail or MSN) to talk about this issue.
i have a polygraph coming up and i MUST pass it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Poly-Killer
Senior User

"Knock, Knock!"

Reply #6 - Jun 4th, 2003 at 2:24pm
Wombat,

Yes, the book here is very informative, if you PRACTICE, it should enough to get you through the exam. I have used CM's 3 times and smoked all 3.

You can email me here.

Thanks,
PK

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Human Subject

Reply #7 - Jun 4th, 2003 at 9:33pm
I'm not going to advise you on CMs one way or another.  And I've only read the free book.

But I failed a recent exam despite being honest and having nothing to hide.  In retrospect, I think it would have been preferable for me personally to have attempted CMs and failed than to just get shafted.

IP Logged

User

Reply #8 - Jun 5th, 2003 at 1:13am
other than fed up fed, who else has used CM's and passed?? 
any one have good advice on how to keep a constant baseline breathing through out the poly? (exept for when they ask control questions, of course).

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box wuzafuzz

Reply #9 - Jun 5th, 2003 at 2:10am
You would be better off to just give it up.  You sound like you're too stupid to pull it off.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fred F.
Very Senior User

Get Educated.... Knowledge
is Power

Reply #10 - Jun 5th, 2003 at 3:01am
Wombat,

You need to study The Lie Behind The Lie Detector . It is a FREE publication here at AP.org. If you take the time to review it and practice what you read about countermeasures your results can be positive. 

The choice to use countermeasures is for you to decide. You will be in a better situation going into your "test" by knowing what will occur during the "test" and what the polygrapher will do to trick you into not believing in yourself. That is the information The Lie Behind The Lie Detector provides you and your polygrapher doesn't want you to know. 

Good Luck

Fred F. Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fed-up Fed

Reply #11 - Jun 5th, 2003 at 3:07am
Yes and you get FREE advice from Fred Flintstone too!!!
How could you beat it?

IP Logged

User

Reply #12 - Jun 5th, 2003 at 1:34pm
once again i ask, how many of you have ACTUALY used CM's and passed?? (whether to beon the safe side or as "liars").
wuzzafuzz- you dont know who i am or what i do, so please dont judge me.
has any one ACTUALY read doug's book? any one??

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #13 - Jun 5th, 2003 at 3:44pm
Wombat,

I am a co-author of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector. The countermeasure information included therein is not based on my or my co-author, Gino Scalabrini's, personal experience, but rather on the available polygraph literature, including peer-reviewed studies by Professor Charles R. Honts and collaborators and Department of Defense Polygraph Institute documentation.

I have read the 1996 version of Doug Williams' pamphlet, "How to Sting the Polygraph," which you will find cited along with other sources in the bibliography of TLBTLD. I believe that overall, TLBTLD is better researched, better documented, more informative, and better written than "How to Sting the Polygraph."

Key differences include:

1) Williams suggests breathing countermeasures and the anal sphincter contraction only, while TLBTLD also describes mental countermeasures and tongue biting;

2) Williams suggests that exhaling and briefly holding one's breath (blocking) is the least preferable breathing countermeasure; we have found no documentation to substantiate this notion, however. On the contrary, blocking is one of the Department of Defense's twelve scorable breathing reactions, and it may well be the most commonly occurring one. We see no reason not to use it.

3) Williams blurs the distinction between "control" and irrelevant questions; I think TLBTLD does a much better job explaining "control" questions and how to recognize them;

4) I understand that in the most recent version of Williams' manual (which I have not yet read), Williams suggests using breathing countermeasures and the anal pucker combined during the first chart collection, then just the anal pucker the second, then no countermeasures at all in any third chart collection. I don't think that Williams' suggestion of gradually diminishing countermeasures is necessarily well-advised, however, since it leaves open the possibility that one might show stronger reactions to the relevant questions than to the "control" questions. TLBTLD makes no such suggestion.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Amused

Reply #14 - Jun 5th, 2003 at 5:12pm
George you really are banging your own drum and tooting your own horn today.  What a blowhard!  But how about answering the question posed instead of bragging about how great your book is?  Have you used countermeasures and passed?

The fact of the matter is you don't know what does or does not work and your advice is simply a guess based on the biased information you have read.

IP Logged

"how to sting the polygraph"

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X