Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Fakegrah test (Read 10869 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Can't Say

Re: Fakegrah test
Reply #15 - May 31st, 2003 at 6:48pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  

Here's the only thing. It's like a no-lose situation(I think). If I take the polygraph, and pass I'll be left alone with this whole matter. If I take it an fail, they will be investigating more trying to find evidence againts me.

If I refuse to take it, they will continue to investigate this and try to find evidence againts me. So it's like a no lose situation?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #16 - May 31st, 2003 at 7:00pm
Can't Say,

No, it's not a no lose situation, because, as I mentioned earlier, if you "fail,"  the results might be considered in such judicial proceedings as search warrant requests, bail or sentencing hearings, or in any civil litigation that might be brought against you. And again,  there is the possibility that negative results might be leaked to the press to tarnish your reputation.

In addition, if the investigators actually believe in polygraphy (there are those in law enforcement who are true believers), they may well intensify their investigation of you.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #17 - Jun 1st, 2003 at 8:04am
I was accused of a felony crime, interrogated by the authorities and when asked to take a polygraph, I "Refused" the polygraph, hands down!!  This is a mere tool for them to aquire other information from you, meaning, trick questions or answers from you whereby they can use any little word you use and twist it into any form they want to try and charge you with something.  An officer told me the polygraph was 98% effective, while my lawyer told me, it was less than 90% and not used in a court of law.(at least for my state)  I was also told that refusal doesn't mean guilt.  After all, isn't there a shadow of quilt, just for being asked to take one?  Yes there is!  I also are not even remotely concerned over this even though its a potential felony crime as I know I didn't do it.  I told the authorities, that I didn't have the time or loss of income to take off from work to even bother with it as its a 300 mile trip for the day.  They don't have any evidence as I wasn't part of the felony anyway and I was never formaly charged with the accusations, so for me to refuse the polygraph, gave them nothing to twist and turn around to form to what they were looking for.  Furthermore, ask the ones whom asked you to take the polygraph, that if it is(say 98% effective in your case also) to find the hidden deceptions, then it must only be 98% effective in preserving you innocence.  Since it isn't 100% effective in preserving this innocence, then your not taking it.  They cannot guarantee this either, your innocence that is.  Consequently, I'm not even remotely bothered by it all.  This site is the best and you should listen carefully

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

Reply #18 - Jun 2nd, 2003 at 10:55am
Quote:
They don't have any evidence as I wasn't part of the felony anyway and I was never formally charged with the accusations, so for me to refuse the polygraph, gave them nothing to twist and turn around to form to what they were looking for.

When the prosecution asks a suspect to submit to a polygraph "test," it is often a strong indication that the potential case is extremely weak. The polygraph is often hauled out only in cases where there is a very minute chance for a conviction (or even an indictment) absent a "home run" confession. Defendants are extremely wise to refuse such foolishness.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Public Servant
Very Senior User

Reply #19 - Jun 3rd, 2003 at 4:27am
Gino, George, Seeker, et al,

It sounds like "Can't Say" and/or defense counsel have requested this.  "Can't Say" said the attorney has selected the private examiner (or will do so).  A private examiner, hired by a defense attorney, will not conduct a post exam interview, regardless of the results.  No defense attorney worth his JD will allow a post test interview of his client.  This is an exculpatory exam.  As long as the exam results  can't be used in court, it is a no lose situation.  Sounds like Can't Say will likely be NDI.  Why else would a person be so adamant about taking it? 

Much to the contrary of what Gino is saying, when a subject with counsel requests an exam (or is agreeing to one), charges have been filed, or they are about to be.  I run these types of exams for defense counsel quite often, and counsel never agrees to them unless prosecution is about to take it to court.  Gino's assertion could only hold true if the investigating agency is pushing for a suspect to come while the investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed (and there is little chance they will with existing evidence) .  And even when the investigating agency asks for the exam early on, it does not always signify lack of evidence.

Just because there might be a strong case, doesn't mean Can't Say is guilty.  The case might be based upon testimony, which can be strong evidence, yet not always 100% reliable.  Perhaps someone else involved is lying about Can't Say's involvement.  What other recourse is there to bolster credibiltity when it's one (or more) person's word against another's?  An exculpatory poly could not hurt in such a situation.

Can't Say,

It's your decision and your future.  Seek advice from your counsel, not any of us on this board.

Regards,

Public Servant.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fed-up Fed

Reply #20 - Jun 3rd, 2003 at 11:43pm
You're right, the advice on this site sucks.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #21 - Jun 4th, 2003 at 4:34am
Quote:
You're right, the advice on this site sucks.

You lose a job thanks to the polygraph, Fed-up?  Sure seems like you have an axe to grind.

Skeptic

IP Logged

Fakegrah test

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X