Normal Topic Real simple question... (Read 3788 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box NVictim
New User

Real simple question...
Apr 29th, 2003 at 3:57am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
When did the Secret Service start using the polygraph as part of their employment procedure?  From what I have read, the FBI started theirs when Louis Freeh implemented it in 1994?  I am just curious.

I am a new victim of the polygraph with the USSS, I acquired that title just a few weeks ago after taking two 'exams'.  Since then I have been trying to learn as much as I can about the polygraph and how I can get involved in stopping this junk science.  I was so nieve before taking the polygraph, I thought it was going to be a cake-walk.  Silly me  Sad     

I think it is so sad that regardless of my qualifications and clean record and not to mention a clear conscience, "its up to one bigot with an agenda to end your career"  {sounds like a good poster to me}

I was thinking of posting my bad experience, but then I realized after hours of reading the forum and the personal statements section that I was just going to sound like a bad recording.

« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2003 at 1:10am by NVictim »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box False +
Senior User

Re: Real simple question...
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2003 at 9:51am
NewVictim,

Welcome to the message board. I can't answer your question regarding when the USSS began using polygraph. Maybe someone else out there might know?

We welcome your efforts in joining us to try to put an end to polygraph savagery. Getting the word out on exactly what goes on during polygraph interrogations is part and parcel of educating the mostly oblivious public and legislative branch of government on polygraph matters. This is why I'd like to get you to reconsider submitting a personal statement. Each person's statement is unique, despite the fact that all of us are reporting disturbing experiences. You will not sound like a broken record to us. Quite to the contrary, your statement will supply yet another piece of evidence against the polygraph camp. Remember that every examinee here knows where you're coming from.

You can feel free of-course to remain as anonymous as you deem necessary. You can still get your point across anonymously. You may have noticed that some statements include the actual names of the polygraphers. If you remember those in your case, you could include them if you wish.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2003 at 11:14am
New Victim,

I don't know just when the U.S. Secret Service began polygraph screening either. Mark Zaid, the attorney who is representing a number of polygraph victims who are suing the federal government over its reliance on polygraphy may know the answer. You might want to contact him to discuss possibly joining the suit. His phone number is (202) 223-9050.

False + is right. Your public statement regarding your polygraph experience would not sound like a broken record: it would be a very important contribution to the documentation of ongoing polygraph abuse. If you would be willing to prepare a public statement for inclusion on the AntiPolygraph.org Public Statements page, please send it to info@antipolygraph.org. In addition, if you would be willing to speak with reporters who contact AntiPolygraph.org about your polygraph experience, let us know privately and we'll include you as a contact for possible interviews (anonymous or otherwise, as you prefer).

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box NVictim
New User

Reply #3 - Apr 30th, 2003 at 3:11am
Thanks for the responses, I will seriously consider making that phone call and write about my experience, I just have to collect my thoughts and put it on paper.  Too me the whole experience was bizarre and I will never take another polygraph again.  All I was trying to do was apply for a career I always wanted and I get treated like a criminal.  I was told before the exam that it was going to take 4 to 5 hours (which it did both times).  I guess from that point I failed even before the ink was dry on my calendar.

My polygraph experience has stolen the wind from my sails and has left me angry and exhausted.  I have had to explain to my family and friends why I was not considered for employment.  Of course, they think it is laughable that the polygraph examiner thinks I have a criminal history that I am not disclosing.

It is amazing how the polygraph can be easily abused and manipulated by a examiner and there is no way of challenging them of their results.  Geez, that is a scary thought all by itself, that is too much power for one person to have.

As for the original question? Well it just got stuck on my head when I read the following articles (see below), I wondered how (and when)  these folks passed the polygraph, but then again, the polygraph doesnt work to begin with.

Secret Service agents love to party:
http://www.sltrib.com/2003/Feb/02212003/utah/31536.asp

They also love eat:
http://www.nctimes.net/news/2002/20020302/54507.html

And drive:
http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20021030-24758216.htm

And my favorite...It is also good to know they are religious:
http://www.theolympian.com/home/news/20020726/frontpage/20941.shtml

I know these articles do not represent all USSS agents, I am just blowing off some steam.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box False +
Senior User

Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2003 at 11:10am
NewVictim,

Believe me, I really understand about an experience like this taking the wind out of your sails and then having to go back to your family or peers in seeming disgrace. As you are beginning to understand, it is a reflection of the monstrosity of the polygraph process, rather than a reflection of you.

If you decide to put your thoughts on paper, you'll realize very quickly that the writing process will have a therapeutic effect on you, in addition to providing a testimonial about polygraph abuse. Getting your thoughts on paper will definitely make you feel better.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #5 - Apr 30th, 2003 at 1:55pm
Dear New Victim,

After going through the emotional ups and down of FBI polygraphs, I have felt your emotions.  The first two weeks of "disbelief" are some of the hardest.

Immediately write down all of your thoughts, emotions, actions and polygraph examiners actions as soon as possible on a diskette (do not place this information on any hard drive unless you are confident in its security).   

This base of information can always be edited and referenced in the future as time makes the entire experience less focused in your memory.

Do not ever show embaressment or shame over false accusations only based on polygraph results.  My family and friends expressed the same thoughts of "no way, not you" after I told them of my experience.

Collect your thoughts and send an appeal letter when you think you are ready.

Regards.

IP Logged

Real simple question...

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X