Normal Topic Re: Advice about failed poly (Read 5117 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Re: Advice about failed poly
Apr 25th, 2003 at 4:19pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Ally,
Welcome to the world of polygraph victims. I think you should let the background investigator know you believe you are the victim of a "false-positive" regarding drug usage and challenge him/her to find any evidence to the contrary.

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fred F.
Very Senior User

Get Educated.... Knowledge
is Power

Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2003 at 3:05am
Ally wrote on Apr 25th, 2003 at 7:43am:
I have taken a poly for LAPD and past. Just completed one at LVMPD and failed. I have never ever taken any drugs in my life. Not even tried smoking. They failed me because they believed I was lying about my drug use.  

Ally,

Congratulations on passing your LAPD polygraph. You are in an elite group of people.

The biggest issue that I see coming out of this is LAPD finding out that the LVMPD poly found you deceptive. I am assuming that you disclosed this information on your PHQ with each dept. If you didn't and LAPD discovers you failed the LV poly, you may get DQ'ed from LAPD processing for not disclosing information on your processing with LVMPD.

You should download and read The Lie Behind The Lie Detector. The wealth of information that the book provides will be invaluable to you if the worst case scenario does occur and you are found "deceptive". It will also give you insight to the pseudoscience of polygraphy and how you can better prepare yourself by knowing how polygraphy works.

Good Luck and GET EDUCATED......KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!

Fred F. Wink
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2003 at 1:07am by Fred F. »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fed1

Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2003 at 5:12am
More advice from annonymous idiots - all citing George's grade school report on polys.   Well, at least it's free!!! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2003 at 5:43am
Fed1,

Could you explain why any of the advice given above should be disregarded? As for The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, if there is anything in it that you believe to be untrue or misleading, why not explain?

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - Apr 27th, 2003 at 4:14pm
Fed1,
Anonymous?? We are all registered, with valid e-mail addresses. And guess what! We can SPELL.

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Reply #5 - Apr 27th, 2003 at 5:18pm
Fed1,    

You wrote:    
Quote:
More advice from annonymous idiots - all citing George's grade school report on polys.   Well, at least it's free!!!

1) Anonymous is spelled with one "n", not two.     
2) George's "grade school report" is accurate, ethical, and not misleading, unlike polygraph testing. Please point out any error's you may have noted.    
3) "TLBTLD" is free. Unlike most things this day and age; and your point is...??    

With respect to your remark about "advise from anonymous idiots"... it appears that you Fed1, are too an anonymous idiot; and seemingly, the biggest idiot of them all...

Perhaps a name change would be the appropriate thing for you to do at this juncture.

I suggest: Fed1, "Lord of all Idiots"    

triple x    

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box steincj
Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Apr 29th, 2003 at 5:32am
Quote:
More advice from annonymous idiots - all citing George's grade school report on polys.   Well, at least it's free!!! Roll Eyes

I love when we are all blamed for trying to help others with information we "know" will only hurt them, and then hide with our anonymity.  When will you guys give up this pathetic argument?

I bet my username of "steincj" will throw Fed1 for a loop.  If he puts 2 and 2 together, he would see that I am the same person as "CPT Christopher J. Stein" on the Personal Statements page.

That level of inference might be a little much for Fed1 to handle, so, Fed1, I'm still posting with anonymity, so continue your little tantrum.   

And of course, I can call you a hypocrite as well, because you aren't even registered, let alone using your own name.  Unless your mom was really mean and DID name you "Fed1."  Too bad she didn't have the foresight to name you FedZero.

Chris

a.k.a

CPT Christopher J. Stein

a.ka.

steincj

PS -- posting without anonymity has caused me grief with the FBI.  I guess they aren't aware of this thing known as the "First Amendment."  But hell, to them I am a spy, so they just expect me to give out information that I'm not supposed to.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Reply #7 - Apr 30th, 2003 at 2:03am
Chris,

I completely agree with your position on this issue 100%. 

However; unlike yourself, I cannot openly acknowledge my personal interest, support and afflation with Antipolygraph.org in similar fashion due to the significant risk of adverse consequences. Within my line of work with the Defense Dept; {DoD} we provide diverse levels of classified mission support to various federal agencies to include various branches of the US Military. 

Openly identifying myself publicly on this website, and/or any other for that matter, would result unfavorably [at best] with respect to my career. 

I feel confidant that the same concern is shared by other registered members on this board to include a number of Federal/State/County polygraphers; whom so eloquently enlighten and entertain us. 

Respectfully,
triple x

« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2003 at 3:51am by triple x »  

IP Logged

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X