Normal Topic polygraph/penile plethysmograph (Read 6884 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box julie
New User

polygraph/penile plethysmograph
Apr 25th, 2003 at 4:19am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
My husband in the fall of last year did a plea agreement on a sex crime, to try to put an end to our devastating financial situation due to the fact that my husband put himself in a situation he should not have. But so many find out during this kind of an ordeal you are not innocent until proven guilty you are guilty until proven innocent. At the time of the plea agreement our attorney did not tell us about the state of Missouri's MOSOP program, that all sexual offenders must participate in through thier entire probation period. If we had been told we would have went to trial no doubt. Now we are faced with 5 years of polygraphs and penile plethysmographs. Check out that issue if you think the polygraph is bad. He took his first polygraph test and it came up inconclusive so now he has to take another one in three months, costing $200.00 a pop. He was forced to sign a paper stating he was taking it voluntarily, but if he didn't his probation would be revolked. During the set up of the test the polygrapher put the arm band on him then he rubbed it down stating that by doing that it would release some of the pressure on his arm. the thing was so tight his arm was going numb. Is this a normal procedure? If anyone has any kind of suggestions or help with the situation please respond. I would also like to know if misrepresentation by my attorney would change our situation with this MOSOP crap.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box False +
Senior User

Re:  polygraph/penile plethysmograph
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2003 at 5:13am
Julie,

Concerning the legal aspects of your question, I can't really comment much since I don't know much about the legalities. However, I'm fairly certain that if your attorney neglected to inform you about certain consequences of your plea agreement, you could well argue you received inadequate representation, and see what the judge says. At the minimum you need a new lawyer.

At any rate, I can definitely comment about the blood pressure cuff. I have personal experience in that specific matter. It wouldn't surprise me if the examiner made it so tight to sensitize you, increasing the likelihood of a deception indicated outcome. It also wouldn't surprise me if the examiner has no concept of how painful and uncomfortable it is having a cuff tied tightly around your arm and blocking blood flow. Clearly, such pain has an effect on your physiological responses, which is one reason in a sea of reasons that polygraphy is ridiculous. And of-course, different people react differently to that kind of discomfort, raising yet again the issue of standardization of polygraph procedure (I could go on and on). So to answer your question, your issue with the cuff is a very common one.

In my own polygraph, I complained about the tightness of the cuff several times (the last straw being when my hand turned completely purple), and the examiner moved the cuff to my calf. It was much less painful, but seeing the examiner get pissed off certainly didn't help my state of mind...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box OkieBoy
User

Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2003 at 5:27am
Julie,
Consider yourself lucky that your husband's polygraphs are only $200 a pop. 
I wish mine were that cheap.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box A True Christian

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2004 at 10:41pm
Julie,

My heart goes out to you. But feminists have worked hard to get all these laws passed from sexual harrasment, domestic violence, to sexual assult.  Not to mention all the family laws against men and having to pay so much child support they are turned into financial slaves.

The penile plethysmograph if he fails it, which is likly will revoke his probation.  The will probably try to talk him into self castrating himself with "medication" like depo provera which is used for chemical castration. So he will be sure to pass the penile pletysmograh. Either way its a lose lose situation. Not to mention he has to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
Getting convicted of sexual offences is common place in todays court. But pleading guilty or taking a plea bargin is the worst thing you can do.
I'd speak to a lawyer and do as much as you can to get him clearned and these charges dropped.
I pray for the both of you, men are just in a horriable situation which will get even worse as more and more women get power.

IP Logged

polygraph/penile plethysmograph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X