Normal Topic Background DQ (Read 1641 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box aariyona
New User

Background DQ
Mar 22nd, 2003 at 5:35am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi I need help! I have been applying for jobs at agencies around my county for dispatching.  I have passed 2 polygraphs and failed a psych for one agency.  On two occasions I have been sent letters saying I don't meet the criteria for the agency or have otheriwse been dq'd.  My question is does anyone know if I have any rights as far as the agecny telling me exactly why I don't meet the criteria.  I would like to know why I am not "passing" these backgrounds.  Its ridiculous to me cuz there is no real reason why I shouldn't pass. I have left messages with the agency and my calls are not being returned.  I do not want to continue wasting my time, if there is something in my past or present that I can change to get the job, then I will. If I cannot do anything about changing, rectifiying, clarifiying what they know, then I need to look for a different career right?  I am just really frustrated because I have been doing everything by the book and I either tell them too much or not enough and  i keep getting punished or passed up.  I am educated, qualified and experienced.  I think its wrong that they don't tell you why you are being passed up or dq'd.  Its like they are better than you and know it all! Can anyone help direct me to the right place or answer my question? Sorry for being long winded. 
Thanks!!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Re: Background DQ
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2003 at 3:47am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Aariyona,

<You wrote>
Quote:
My question is does anyone know if I have any rights as far as the agecny telling me exactly why I don't meet the criteria.

You may want to consider filing a “FOIA” request and mail via USPS return receipt requested directly to the HR department and/or headquarters of the agency(s) in which you have applied for employment, and been disqualified. 

For more information on precisely what you should and can do, see the “get involved link” at: http://www.antipolygraph.org/get.shtml. I strongly suggest you file a FOIA request promptly following the notification of disqualification from the specific agencies. The longer you wait to file a FOIA request, the less likely you will be in receiving a positive result. 

That being said; promptly filing of a FOIA request is still no guarantee that you will be provided the information in which you seek. However, it will go on record that you have requested via “FOIA” the reason(s) for your disqualification.

Good luck.

Respectfully,
Triple x

IP Logged

Background DQ

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X