Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A Public Challenge to Polygrapher Dee Moody (Read 29474 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Re: A Public Challenge to Polygrapher Dee Moody
Reply #15 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 7:29am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  

Quote:

Who in the hell is George anyway?  Is he a polygraph examiner?  Has he actually given any polygraph tests? (Experience) Has he gone to polygraph school? (Training)  Or is he just another pseudointellectual who thinks he can hide his ignorance behind a degree?

Mr. public,
Might I suggest you download his book, read it, follow up on the references and judge for yourself the quality of his argument.  You might also compare it with the recently-released National Academy of Sciences report on the polygraph.

Skeptic

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box The public

Reply #16 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 7:33am
So, i see that George is neither a polygraph examiner nor has he gone to polygraph school.  I guess some book is more important than real-life genuine knowledge.  No wonder people scoff at academics.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #17 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 7:38am

Quote:

Who in the hell is George anyway?

Dear "The Public",

I don't really know "Who in the hell is George?".  I do not really care who the individual is in my case.  I do know that this is the only website where you can ask "Who in the hell is George?" and not get censored, deleted, hyphened-out, or kicked-out.  You might not agree with "George" and you might say many negative comments about "George", and "George" will not use any of his "powers" or "influence" to silence your opinion which might disagree with his.  Think about that.  Think about Mr. Franklin as he reported his views on the Constitution of the United States.   Censorship of any kind is the most direct afront to the Constitution of the United States.  The "Right to Disagree" and voicing of that right is the cornerstone of freedom.  The fear of "freedom of ideas" is what many dictators preached as they quelched any opposition to their ideas.

Regards.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box The Public

Reply #18 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 8:02am
Well,  nice way to evade the issue.  We weren't talking about freedom of speech.  We were talking about the extent of George's ignorance.

From the previous couple of comments, I can see that George really has no first-hand knowledge about the polygraph, just his own personal "academic" bias. 

Long live logic and reason.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Marty
Especially Senior User

Reply #19 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 10:18am
The Public,

Quote:

We were talking about the extent of George's ignorance.
From the previous couple of comments, I can see that George really has no first-hand knowledge about the polygraph, just his own personal "academic" bias. 

Long live logic and reason.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with some members of a religious sect that I spent time with. They were quite disappointed that, after looking at their "literature" and talking to them I formed an opinion about their tactics and approach that proved accurate later.  I suppose I should have attended whatever seminary they had or study and be baptized since they felt that without that I would be "ignorant."   Like theirs, your argument fails.

-Marty

Leaf my Philodenrons alone.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #20 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 12:18pm
False +,

None of the polygraph operators I've challenged to publicly support dubious claims they've made to the media have done so. Beside Dee Moody, polygraphers who have misled the media include:

Milton O. "Skip" Webb, Jr. (President, American Polygraph Association)

Frank Horvath (Past President, American Polygraph Association)

Harry Reed (President, Illinois Polygraph Society)

George Slattery (Past President, Florida Polygraph Association)

Nick Savastano (polygraph operator for NBC "Meet My Folks" show)

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Reply #21 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 3:24pm
Marty,

Is this what passes for intellect nowadays?  What you're saying is that reading, training and actual experience with the polygraph would have no effect on your opinion about polygraph testing.  It's bad just because you feel and say it's bad, and that's that.

Oh yes, let's not forget to compare it to a religious sect.  Very good.  Joe McCarthy would be proud of you.

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 3:31pm
George,

Why would Dee Moody or any of the others you mentioned want to spend time responding to you?  It's not like you're an important person or something.

If I were them, I wouldn't waste my time either.  Since they're out there giving tests and making a living at it, it looks like they're the successful ones and you're the whining loser.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #23 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 4:18pm
Public,

You ask:

Quote:
Why would Dee Moody or any of the others you mentioned want to spend time responding to you?  It's not like you're an important person or something.

I don't claim to be "an important person or something." But the challenges I've put to Dee Moody and other polygraphers regarding the misrepresentations they've made to the media are important.

Quote:
If I were them, I wouldn't waste my time either.  Since they're out there giving tests and making a living at it, it looks like they're the successful ones and you're the whining loser.

Then why are you wasting your time posting ad hominem attacks? Wink

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Reply #24 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 4:27pm
George,

Your challenges can't be all that important.  Frankly, nobody seems to care all that much.

Why am I wasting my time making ad hominem attacks?  You're certainly one to talk - you have created an entire website devoted to ad hominem attacks.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #25 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 4:42pm

Quote:

George,

Your challenges can't be all that important.  Frankly, nobody seems to care all that much.

Why am I wasting my time making ad hominem attacks?  You're certainly one to talk - you have created an entire website devoted to ad hominem attacks.

So how long have you been a polygrapher, poster known as 'the public'?

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #26 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 5:09pm
Batman wrote on Mar 11th, 2003 at 11:37pm:

Well, well, well,

If it isn't George's little lap dog Beech Trees.  Can always count on this loyal little poodle to come to George's defense and try to piss on the legs of his detractors.

Well George, why don't you kick that little puppy off your lap and lower yourself to respond to the likes of me.  If you don't stop him from humping the legs of your visitors he may get kicked in the nuts.

Batman,

Thanks, it's been entirely too long since you last anonymously threatened to kick my ass. Are you this tough-talking in real lfe, where you might actually be called upon to physically back up your threats of physical violence, or merely behind the keyboard, as you are now? Also, do you *always* fall back to threats and attempts at intimidation when your arguments lack merit, or just on this message board? Just wondering... have a nice day peace officer.... and please, if you carry anything away from this thread, remember what my man Thomas Paine once said:

Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Dave

Note to self: buy huge cup at Sportmart in case Batman loses another argument.....

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #27 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 5:18pm
Quote:

George,

Your challenges can't be all that important.  Frankly, nobody seems to care all that much.

You seemingly do. Wink

Quote:
Why am I wasting my time making ad hominem attacks?  You're certainly one to talk - you have created an entire website devoted to ad hominem attacks.

Actually, this website is devoted to exposing and ending polygraph waste, fraud, and abuse. I make every effort to avoid making ad hominem attacks. Pointing out misrepresentations publicly made by an individual does not constitute an ad hominem attack on said individual.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Reply #28 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 5:21pm
Ouch

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Guest

Reply #29 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 6:33pm
Have you ever wondered why George Mashke posts his own picture on each of his postings? Do ya think the boy may have some rather severe psychological problems ? Hey-here's a new topic:

How many of you think George Maschke looks like a Gerbal wearing glasses?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
A Public Challenge to Polygrapher Dee Moody

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X