Normal Topic sherrif hiring (Read 3541 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box rezx
New User

sherrif hiring
Mar 3rd, 2003 at 9:30am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
on the lie detector they ask questions about past drug use.  well what if you Transported but didnt use cocain.  then later found out it was not cocain but it was powdered sugar.  bust for some reason you still have doubts?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box steincj
Very Senior User

Re: sherrif hiring
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2003 at 9:03pm
rezx wrote on Mar 3rd, 2003 at 9:30am:

on the lie detector they ask questions about past drug use.  well what if you Transported but didnt use cocain.  then later found out it was not cocain but it was powdered sugar.  bust for some reason you still have doubts?

Rezx,

I'm sorry, but I think you have some serious issues to consider.

Agencies know that drug use is illegal, but are very lenient in allowing for experimentation.  

Transporting drugs is a different story -- this is a flat out crime.  You don't "experiment" in transporting, to see what it feels like.  It is a crime, and will be dealt with in a much more severe manner than experimentation.

Whether the cocaine was relly cocaine or just powdered sugar, well, that's for you to know and deal with.  The fact is, at the time, you wre willing to transport drugs.  If this does surface, I am certain you will be eliminated.

As far as covering your actions, well, that is up to you.  I know I would definitely re-evaluate my suitablity for law enforcement had I done something like this in the past.  But again, how you wish to proceed is up to you.

Chris

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2003 at 7:27am
What exactly do you mean by transported?  Is it that you held someone's drugs from his house to the mall, or transported as in a large quantity from state to state?  Or worst yet across the border?

Either way being honest is most likely your best option, but the previous post is correct in stating that you should reevaluate your decision to pursue law enforcement.  I think the simple fact that you actually have a doubt as to whether or not it was powdered sugar means it was probably real, as I am sure most BI's or Lie Detector "psychics" would also infer.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2003 at 6:00pm
Rezx,

I agree with steincj and dimas, unless...you did not know you were transporting drugs. I once found myself unknowingly transporting powder cocaine, and I quickly ended the situation. I have no reservations about telling anybody about it, because it wasn't a concious effort on my part to do the transporting. Of course, it helps that it happened 24 years ago. How long ago did you do this?

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box no_sugar_coating
New User

Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2003 at 5:58pm
Simple: You committed a felony. People who commit felonies do not become police officers. You can try and lie about it but you will probably be caught by the polygraph because you will be too nervous. Then you will be DQ'ed.

Best of luck.

IP Logged

sherrif hiring

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X