Normal Topic does IRS polygraph (Read 32966 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest

does IRS polygraph
Mar 1st, 2003 at 8:45pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Does the IRS Criminal Investigation Divsion polygraph?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fred F.
Very Senior User

Get Educated.... Knowledge
is Power

Re: does IRS polygraph
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2003 at 2:35am

Quote:

Does the IRS Criminal Investigation Divsion polygraph?

Guest,

Here is the link to the IRS Special Agent website www.treas.gov/irs/ci/recruit/index.htm.

It doesn't appear that they use the polygraph. The site also provides contact numbers for your area to speak with a special agent who handles recruiting.

Good Luck

Fred F. Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box spravel

Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 3:04am
NO, the IRS-CID does not polygraph.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box hmmmhhh

Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2003 at 8:28am
so if you failed an FBI polygraph and the employment process ended there, chances are they would ask if you ever applied for and were rejected for a job with another agency. I wonder if they would care. I think most IRS CID are frustrated FBI applicants so I dont think there is any love between the agencies. IT doesnt really matter, they arent hiring anyways.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box steincj
Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Mar 15th, 2003 at 9:14pm

Quote:

so if you failed an FBI polygraph and the employment process ended there, chances are they would ask if you ever applied for and were rejected for a job with another agency. I wonder if they would care. I think most IRS CID are frustrated FBI applicants so I dont think there is any love between the agencies. IT doesnt really matter, they arent hiring anyways.

Dear hmmmhhh,

I can't speak ofr the IRS CID, but I can tell you had the same scenario regarding the FBI and US customs.  After failing the FBI polygraph, I spoke wit the applicant coordiantor for customs.  He assured me that the FBI poly would not be an issure for Cusstoms.  But the initial application did indeed ask about other agencies.  After answering that application honesly, I have heard nothing from Customs.

(see my personal statement for more detail)

Chris

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2003 at 7:00am
what if you had the interview already and they want to hire you but they ran out of money, which they did. I looked in the backround forms they gave me at the interview and it asks the following:

your investigation record

question A
has the us govt ever investigated your backround and or granted you security clearence. you can answer yes or no and then it says, if your response is no or you dont know or cant recall if you were investigated and cleared check the no box.

question b
to your knowledge have you ever had a clearence or access authorization denied, suspended, or revoked or have you ever been debarred from govt employment.

Was I ever really investigated if all they did was the polygraph on you. To me investigation means actually talking to people and such. the polygraph isnt really a background investigation right ? I sound like bill clinton now, what does is mean?

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Mar 28th, 2003 at 8:29am
Quote:

question b
to your knowledge have you ever had a clearence or access authorization denied, suspended, or revoked or have you ever been debarred from govt employment.

Was I ever really investigated if all they did was the polygraph on you. To me investigation means actually talking to people and such. the polygraph isnt really a background investigation right ? I sound like bill clinton now, what does is mean?

Dear guest,

I just recently filled out my TS PR EPSQ, and the very same question as question b appeared on it.  I, having failed an FBI polygraph, answered yes to the question, as failing the FBI poly has debarred me from employment with them.

No, the polygraph is far from a background investigation, but as I have shown you, the government does let it carry some weight.

For me, it will be the DoD's DSS up against the DoJ's polygraph to see if I will get my Top Secret back.   And if I do, I think Torpedo should buy me a big steak dinner.

NY Strip, medium rare, or maybe Prime Rib, with some fresh horseradish.  Mmm, yes.   That sounds good, I can taste it already.   What do you say, Torpedo?  Does this sink or swim with you?

Chris

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Mar 28th, 2003 at 11:39pm
So maybe i should just say no and if they come back, say i didnt understand sorry, i wonder if they even check with the fbi?

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #8 - Mar 31st, 2003 at 8:39pm
Quote:
So maybe i should just say no and if they come back, say i didnt understand sorry, i wonder if they even check with the fbi?

guest,

The WORST thing you can do is lie on the backgrond investigation forms.  That will get you instantly nixed -- trust me, I used to process security clearances when I was in the Army.   

I guess you can do what I did and hope for the best.  Say yes to question b, and biefly expalin your situation in the remarks section of the questionnaire (provided it has one).

I wish I had a better suggestion for you.  Unfortunately, I am believing in the system and having faith that a background investigator will laugh when he sees the failed FBI poly.  But my fear is that some computer will spit out REJECT somewhere, and human eyes will never cross it. 

Here's to faith in people . . .

Chris

IP Logged

does IRS polygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X