Normal Topic Maintanence poly (Read 4146 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LadyDarkflame
New User

Maintanence poly
Feb 28th, 2003 at 9:11am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
My husband is convicted of Statatory Rape.  He had just turned 18, and was persued by a female who was around 15.  He put her off for months, and eventually agreed to have a sexual relationship with her.  It lasted 3 months before he broke it off with her because of her age.  She became vindictive, and turned him in.  
We live in Oregon, where maintanance polygraphs are required as a part of sex offender treatment.  He just recently took a maintanance poly and passed all  but one question.  He was asked if he had any sexual contact with anyone under the age of 18 since the time of his last polygraph.  And, I know he hasn't.  (We are newlyweds, and the only time we are apart are the 2 hours that he goes to group therapy, so I know for a *fact* he has had no sexual contact with minors) 
Last week after he had his poly he was confronted in group and told to either "fess up or be thrown out of group"  He has *NOTHING* to confess.  
Tonight he had his group therapy session, and they told him he had till the end of the session to write down the reason he failed his polygraph.  The reasons he wrote were:  He's dreamed about teens.. Our neighbor is a young boy, and he constantly comes to visit *me* and see our horses, and that he's continued a relationship with me.  (when we were married in November, he did 28 days in jail for breaking the rules of treatment.. it was against the rules to get married I guess)  They told him none of these reasons were good enough, and he is lying and was thrown out of group.  
Monday he has an appointment with his probation officer and will likely be put in jail again for "violating probation" by being thrown out of group.  
Does anyone know if there is a lawyer, or anything we can do to keep him from being put in jail for something he didn't do?  
They've done a lot to him in the last few months that I know are civil rights violations, (not allowing him to go to church is one of them) but is this something we could take to court?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Seeker
Very Senior User

"There are only two sins:
 The first is to interfere
with the growth of another
human being, and the
second is to interfere
with one's own growth."
 Anonymous

Re: Maintanence poly
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2003 at 3:16pm
LadyDarkflame,

I would suggest that you seek legal counsel.  An attorney would be better suited to answer some of your questions posed here in this forum. 

As for the polygraph, the National Academy of Sciences report from October 8, 2002 sheds light on the weakness of the toy. The best suggestion I could make would be to bring this report to the attention of your husband's PO, and to any attorney who you may contact.

Regards,

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2003 at 5:30pm
LadyDarkflame,

Are you still out there? I'm curious to know what happened with your husband and his situation, now that a couple weeks have passed. Only if you want to talk about it.

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LadyDarkflame
New User

Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2003 at 7:13am
Yeah, I'm still here.  We called most of the local lawyers around, and they won't take it because he's a sex offender.  *sigh*..we did find one lawyer who is willing to see him next week.   
They did arest him.  He spent one night in jail, then released him on his own recognance.  They said that the reason he was arrested was because he got a job without letting his probation officer know before he accepted it, because he's not paying all of his victim counseling (kinda hard with no job..then they put him in jail for getting one? makes no sense to me..)  anyway, and they also said he isn't progressing in sex offender therapy for about the same reason.  (not paying the $35 a week it costs)  The probation officer changed the story on why she arrested him 3 or 4 times.  We're still not sure what the official reason was.   
After they let him out, they pasted his name, address, and picture all over the local news.  (paper, radio and tv)  And part of his probation is to find a job.  He lost his old job because of that news stuff on him..and now that his name and face and crime have been all over the news its impossible for him to get work.  oy..sorry for unloading, I'm still very upset..and still working on getting these things fixed.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - Mar 17th, 2003 at 7:34pm
LadyDarkflame,

Are you familiar with an organization called SoHopeful, based in Boring, Oregon (what a name for a town, huh)? They have a website, www.sohopeful.org
Take a look at it and send them an email or give them a call. They may have some good advice for you and your husband, since they have intimate knowledge of the sex offender situation in Oregon.

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Maintanence poly

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X