Normal Topic Pre-polygraph FBI interview (Read 6623 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box shamster
New User

Pre-polygraph FBI interview
Feb 27th, 2003 at 6:32pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Well, some of you may have seen my post regarding my bad FBI polygraph experience that was copied here from there 911jobforums before they deleted it. Basically, I was accused of hiding past drug use, when in fact, I have never ever used any illegal drugs in my life.

Anyhow, one of the questions in the pre-poly interview was I was every present when drugs were being used by others. I said yes. The guy then had me give him full details (one instance was when my friend and his then girlfriend took ecstasy while I drove his car to a party we were going to). Not only that, the guy made me write down everything and sign it. 
So, will the FBI now be running an investigation on my friend, who I was sorta cornered to "incriminate"? Or is it just something they will need to verify with him to ensure I did not participate in the drug use as he did? Or was it just a way to scare me more, or just something they keep for their records so they know exactly what I admitted to?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box steincj
Very Senior User

Re: Pre-polygraph FBI interview
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2003 at 9:03pm

shamster wrote on Feb 27th, 2003 at 6:32pm:

So, will the FBI now be running an investigation on my friend, who I was sorta cornered to "incriminate"? Or is it just something they will need to verify with him to ensure I did not participate in the drug use as he did? Or was it just a way to scare me more, or just something they keep for their records so they know exactly what I admitted to?

shamster,

I wouldn't worry about the FBI getting off their ass to verify any negative information gleaned during their application process.  Unless the drug activity you talked about was a major cocaine refinery, I'd say you were in the clear.

Of course, this is only my opinion.  I was accused of criminal espionage during my polygraph, and have not seen hide nor hair of the Bureau since.  I have even discussed this with the Bureau, and was told that they would not pursue these allegations.

I should have a chance to appeal these allegations in the near future, and also request a second polygraph.  The Bureau was too busy dealing with Level Orange to work with me, but now that they are yellow again (how fitting), maybe they will own up to their promise of my appeal.

You may also have an opportunity to appeal.   This site provides a wealth of information about the appeal process.  My only piece of advice right now for you is to remain anonymous.  Post as few details as possible so the FBI caanot uncover your identity.  I posted and continue to post with my real name (as I have nothing to hide); however, I have received verbal grief from the Bureau because of it.  Save yourself the heartache by keeping your anonymity.

Chris

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

Re: Pre-polygraph FBI interview
Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2003 at 10:31am
Shamster,

I agree with Chris. Things "uncovered" during FBI pre-employment polygraphs are unlikely to be pursued unless they involve the applicant providing explicit details of a major felony (murder, arson, rape, etc) he committed. Spontaneous admissions to minor crimes and chart readings involving deception not accompanied by an admission are not considered worthy of pursuit.

On another note, the level of censorship on Bob Amaral's 911jobforums.com is repulsive. Check out my commentary on what goes on there which was posted on another thread. 

IP Logged

Pre-polygraph FBI interview

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X