Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) FBI Relies on Polygraph to Dismiss Terror Report (Read 21564 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Re: FBI Relies on Polygraph to Dismiss Terror Repo
Reply #15 - Feb 19th, 2003 at 7:50am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
If anyone is interested, an excellent interview given by Larry Pratt (Executive Director of Gun Owners of America) of Tom Fitten concerning the government's continuing failure to combat terrorism may be heard here:

http://www.soundwaves2000.com/rammaker.asp?id=116&d=02-15-03

That link should open up Real Player... if not go to 

http://www.soundwaves2000.com/livefire/

and click the link for the 2.15.03 show. While the polygraph (as far as I can tell) does not come up in the interview, there are many tangential points discussed in the interview that have also been raised here.

Dave
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2003 at 8:31am by beech trees »  

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Seeker
Very Senior User

"There are only two sins:
 The first is to interfere
with the growth of another
human being, and the
second is to interfere
with one's own growth."
 Anonymous

Reply #16 - Feb 19th, 2003 at 9:09am
Beech Trees:
Thank you for that informative link.  I found it to be of such importance that I will refrain from spanking Batman for his venomous misinterpretation of my recent posts for a few days to allow the readers on this site to see this in the top ten.
Regards,

Quote:

If anyone is interested, an excellent interview given by Larry Pratt (Executive Director of Gun Owners of America) of Tom Fitten concerning the government's continuing failure to combat terrorism may be heard here:

and click the link for the 2.15.03 show. While the polygraph (as far as I can tell) does not come up in the interview, there are many tangential points discussed in the interview that have also been raised here.

Dave

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Batman
Very Senior User

Reply #17 - Feb 19th, 2003 at 9:08pm
Seeker,

Spank me, PLEASE spank me!!!  Batman loves pain, why else would I keep coming back to this site.

So my responses were simply a "venomous misinterpretation" of your recent posts?  Interesting, but how about putting up or shutting up.  You laid out some pretty heavy accusations.  It's easy to sit back now and say how I misinterpreted what you wrote, but my dear sweet lady, you wrote it.  Just what were you meaning when you wrote, 

"It is those agencies who have failed us with their support and belief of witchcraft.  I do not see 9/11 as being luck on the part of the terrorists, but rather a horrible show of how unreliable our intelligence agencies are.....The only thing that is pressing and of concern is how many American lives have we forfeited as a result of our continued support of such voodoo practices.....We as American citizens cannot rely on the FBI to do the required investigative work to chase down leads that come in to them.  They have opted to institute the polygraph as their charlatan.  We can expect nothing less than chance when this method is used." 

How about giving a clear interpretation of the above statements, that way I can correct my thinking.  Tell you what, rather than spanking me, why not just slap me upside the head with a few facts to support what you have written.   

Steinjc,

I apologize for being so subtle in my last post to you.  The last paragraph of that post was intended to be one of my better sarcastic replys.  I obviously missed the mark by a mile if you thought it was meant to imply that I gave a rat's ass about how you live your life.  I'll let Seeker give you a spanking for your "venomous misinterpretation" of my post.

Seeker, spank him with a 2x4, he likes the pain even more than I do!

Batman

IP Logged

Very Senior User

human being, and the
second is to interfere
with one's own growth."
 Anonymous

Reply #18 - Feb 20th, 2003 at 1:18am

Quote:

Dave

Batman, your attempt to hide this important information provides me great entertainment.
Go stand in the corner where you belong until time for you to be made accountable for your actions.

Wink

I am fully aware of your dark side of secretively deriving pleasure from pain.  I just didn't know that you enjoyed getting it as much as you give it.

The greatest point of the above link comes from the proof of the FBI's mastery of missed opportunities.  Fatal Neglect is a very appropriate name for the book.  

Regards,

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box steincj
Very Senior User

Reply #19 - Feb 25th, 2003 at 2:07am

Batman wrote on Feb 19th, 2003 at 9:08pm:

Steinjc,

I apologize for being so subtle in my last post to you.  The last paragraph of that post was intended to be one of my better sarcastic replys.  I obviously missed the mark by a mile if you thought it was meant to imply that I gave a rat's ass about how you live your life.  I'll let Seeker give you a spanking for your "venomous misinterpretation" of my post.

Seeker, spank him with a 2x4, he likes the pain even more than I do!

Batman  

Batman,

You wouldn't know sarcasm if it hit you over the head with a 2x4.  I sometimes wonder if I waste some of my best humor replying to your pathetic posts.   

And sometimes I wonder if I waste my intellect on your posts.

Basically, Batman, you are a waste.  You provide little to the intellectual discussion of the anti pre-employment polygraph debate.

If you would like to redeem yourself, find a polygrapher buddy who has at least half a brain, or skipped the lobotomy day at DoDPI, and get him to post on this site.  Then you can sit back and cheer like your little pet Torpedo does.

I miss the days of the intellectual debate on this site, provided by The_Breeze.  He knew his job, wasn't a moron, threw in the occasional personal dig, and NEVER needed a crew of lap dogs like you have.

And he knew sarcasm.

Chris

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #20 - Feb 25th, 2003 at 2:20am

Batman wrote on Feb 19th, 2003 at 9:08pm:

Seeker,

Spank me, PLEASE spank me!!!  Batman loves pain, why else would I keep coming back to this site.

Do you want my honest analysis?

Skeptic

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #21 - Feb 25th, 2003 at 2:21am
Quote:

Batman,

You wouldn't know sarcasm if it hit you over the head with a 2x4.  I sometimes wonder if I waste some of my best humor replying to your pathetic posts.  

Chris,
Your humor and intellect aren't wasted; Batman isn't the only one who reads what you post Smiley

As for the Breeze, yeah, I was probably a little too hard on him myself, considering what's left.  Of course, we used to have Dr. Barland, J.B. and others stop by for solid debate.  It seems that sort of opposition evaporated after the NAS' report.

Skeptic

Hey!  350 posts!  Isn't there a pin or something?
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2003 at 8:27pm by Skeptic »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Torpedo
Senior User

AKA Geen Lantern

Reply #22 - Feb 25th, 2003 at 5:39am
Yes, pin the tail on the donkey....sorry, I couldn't resist...you set me up for it...I just took the bait

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Batman
Very Senior User

Reply #23 - Feb 25th, 2003 at 9:49pm
Chris,

You can't waste what you don't have.

How's your life going anyway, post-polygraph?  Really, I want to know, I care.   

Septic,

Do I want your "honest analysis"?  I love that qualifier.  It reminds me of some of the poor, innocent criminals who, when asked a question start with, "Honestly?"; or "Do you want an honest answer?"   

No Septic, lie to me!   

If you can be honest Septic, please give me your "honest analysis".

Do you guys really have to wonder why folks like Dr. Barland don't post on this site anymore?  Do you think "idiots" like me drove him away?  How about the possibility he either found your constant harping to be rather dull, boring, and not at all stimulating; or maybe he simply realized that there is no debating zealots.  The only thing you can do with zealots is either ignore them, or let the "idiots" deal with them. 

Well..........HERE'S BATMAN!!!

The fact that you goofballs keep responding to folks like myself and Torpedo does not speak well for your individual or combined intellects.  Maybe, just maybe your the anti-polygraph idiots.  George simply puts you out there on the front line to take all the shots.  The difference between you idiots and this idiot is that I know and understand my role in this little game; however you guys really think you're out there accomplishing something.  You are George's version of cannon fodder.   

Ain't that right George?  Maybe you can get these idiots out there on your poster campaign?

Batman   

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #24 - Feb 25th, 2003 at 10:33pm
Batman wrote on Feb 25th, 2003 at 9:49pm:

Do I want your "honest analysis"?  I love that qualifier.  It reminds me of some of the poor, innocent criminals who, when asked a question start with, "Honestly?"; or "Do you want an honest answer?"  

Batman -- you really need to get out more.  Not everything is someone trying to get away with something.  In fact, most people get through life just fine without treating all human interaction as an attempt to manipulate others. Wink

Quote:

If you can be honest Septic, please give me your "honest analysis".

I've never lied to you, Batman.  I haven't even misled you -- I don't think you can claim the same, can you?  However, I've certainly tried to rile you up.  In my humble opinion, though, I honestly feel you come here to make yourself feel better about what you do.  It's classic projection and rationalization: by condemning others here as "crybabies" or "liars", you don't have to face the fact that you quite possibly screw people over every day.  The problem isn't you.  It's everyone else, and coming here gives you the opportunity to tell them.

Skeptic
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2003 at 12:44am by Skeptic »  

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #25 - Feb 26th, 2003 at 3:53am
Batman wrote on Feb 25th, 2003 at 9:49pm:

How's your life going anyway, post-polygraph?  Really, I want to know, I care.  

Ladies and Gentlemen, I proudly present to you, SARCASM!!!

Well done, Batman, you finally got that sarcasm thing done right.  Now am I going to have to wait another 50 posts before you do it again?

I'd just like to throw out there for the group the hypocrisy of the caped cruasder.  I wrote this to him:
Quote:
Basically, Batman, you are a waste.  You provide little to the intellectual discussion of the anti pre-employment polygraph debate.

to which he replied:

Quote:
Do you guys really have to wonder why folks like Dr. Barland don't post on this site anymore?  Do you think "idiots" like me drove him away?  How about the possibility he either found your constant harping to be rather dull, boring, and not at all stimulating; or maybe he simply realized that there is no debating zealots.  The only thing you can do with zealots is either ignore them, or let the "idiots" deal with them. 
Well..........HERE'S BATMAN!!!
The fact that you goofballs keep responding to folks like myself and Torpedo does not speak well for your individual or combined intellects.  

So Batman, thank you for reassuring to me that you are nothing but "cannon fodder" for the pro-polygraph side.  You and Torpedo and your other lap dogs can sit behind your "fence" and poke the stick at us all you want.   

When you point it my way, though, you'd better get a bigger stick, because your current antics will no longer gain my attention.

Chris

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Torpedo
Senior User

AKA Geen Lantern

Reply #26 - Feb 26th, 2003 at 4:51am
See Batman, I told you so.....apparently you "tripped the right trigger"....Now we know what Chris' problem was, and he finally realized that he was standing on the wrong side of the fence.  I'm a lap dog? Hardly...listen to yourself Captain Chris (I think way down deep he wants to be a Justice Leaguer - i.e. Captain America??)  anybody with reasonable knowledge knows that dogs (laps dogs too!) lack opposing thumbs, therefore they cannot hold a stick with which to poke through the fence. Quad error demonstrata, you must be the lap dog at whom the stick is being poked....and it IS a long stick...the question is now....whose lap dog?...(poke, poke) Nice doggie!

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #27 - Feb 26th, 2003 at 7:24am

Torpedo wrote on Feb 26th, 2003 at 4:51am:

See Batman, I told you so.....apparently you "tripped the right trigger"....

Yes, Torpedo, you moron, you tripped the right trigger.  Your inability to properly master the English language has sparked another GRAMMAR posting from me.

PLEASE NOTE:  These are my views and mine alone.  They do not represent anyone else on this site!!!!

Quote:
(I think way down deep he wants to be a Justice Leaguer - i.e. Captain America??)

Although I know you would get a "rise" out of seeing me in a tight fitting outfit, I am certainly NOT interested in seeing your "torpedo."   

Though my views drift more toward center than other anti-polygraph types on this site, I assure you, I an not going to ask permission to join your "treehouse club" anytime soon.

Quote:
anybody with reasonable knowledge knows that dogs (laps dogs too!) lack opposing thumbs, therefore they cannot hold a stick with which to poke through the fence.

Thank you for the proof that you have no "reasonable knowledge."  What dogs and many other animals lack are "opposable thumbs," not opposing thumbs.  Opposing thumbs is best described in how you challenge your co-workers to a match of wits (others call it thumb wrestling). 

Quote:
Quad error demonstrata, you must be the lap dog at whom the stick is being poked....and it IS a long stick...the question is now....whose lap dog?...(poke, poke) Nice doggie!

Since English, a language you have no concept of, was derived from Latin, I probably shouldn't be beating you up for your improper use of a Latin phrase (and when I say Latin, I don't mean Mexico/Central America).   
Anyway, the phrase is:
quod erat demonstrandum, meaning, literally,  "which was to be proved"
I decided I would beat you up for butchering it, because our beautiful English language gave us the wonderful QED to use in its place, so that simple minded folk like you don't have to worry about the actual Latin words.  But, Torpedo, why should I expect you to take the easy way out, when you can attempt the hard way, and look stupid at the same time?

Chris

IP Logged

Very Senior User

human being, and the
second is to interfere
with one's own growth."
 Anonymous

Reply #28 - Feb 26th, 2003 at 7:55am
Roll Eyes

So, are ANY of you polygraph boys going to answer my question posted earlier,(granted it was in another thread, but since you all apparently are more eager to be in this one, I bring it here) or are you too busy with your smack talking contest to do so?

Again, for the boys who apparently consider silliness more valid than addressing a real question:

Are there any medications or medical conditions that affect the results of your play with your toy of choice -- the polygraph?

I am not asking about a one time dosage type deal, but more of a medical history that has impossed a medical treatment that can interfere with your squiggly line maker?  For instance, how about blood pressure medicine taken by a person over an extended period of time?  Will this affect the outcome?  Or, how about someone who is a chronic smoker who is going through withdrawals because they have had to go without smoking during the song and dance you give in the beginning of an exam?  Maybe even a person who is on chemo therapy?  

Come on fellows, give this simple woman some enlightenment please, and wait until school is out before engaging in any more stick poking.

Sincerely, 
Seeker

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

FBI Relies on Polygraph to Dismiss Terror Report

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X