Normal Topic My polygraph questions (Read 2634 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BoogieChillin
New User

My polygraph questions
Feb 13th, 2003 at 9:06am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Here is the list of my poly questions:

1. Do you plan to respond truthfully to all the questions in the exam?

2. Have you ever used or sold any illegal drugs?

3. Is your name __________?

4. Have you ever stolen anything from a previous employer?

5. Have you falsified any of the information in your application?

6. Have you lied to me about anything we talked about today?

7. Is today _________?

8. Have you ever done anything to disgrace the badge?

9. Is this the month of ____________?

10. Have you ever been convicted of a felony?

Probably not the order that the questions were given in.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bat Cave Guest

Re: My polygraph questions
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2003 at 7:09pm
Is it just me, or do others see the same situation as me.  This list of questions confuses me. If one were to assume (the poster  doesn't say so) that he/she is applying for a job as a police officer, most of the relevant questions make sense (okay anti polygraph folks...groan here).  What doesn;t make sense, if this is an applicant, why would you be asking a question about "disgracing the badge".....an applicant doesn't have it yet...and the other questions do not seem pertinent for an existing officer (have you ever been convicted of a felony - this should/would already be known). My BS detector is going off here....and I think even the anti-polygraph folks would agree.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BoogieChillin
New User

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2003 at 8:27pm
I was already a police officer before applying to this department. As far as the felony question goes, I don't know, they did the background check. In the pre-poly, he went on and on about, taking bribes, falsifying documents, evidence tampering, etc. So, I took the "disgracing the badge" to be relevant.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2003 at 9:53pm
BoogieChillin, 

Although the issue of past felony convictions is a relevant consideration for an employing law agency, because this issue is best handled via different means, I suspect this was not used as a relevant question.  The question about disgracing the badge was most certainly a CONTROL question.  This is a vague subjective categorization and not a well defined prohibited behavior of concern, e.g., drug usage, application falsification, areas from which come your obvious relevant questions.

IP Logged

My polygraph questions

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X