Normal Topic NSA Application Process (Read 6865 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anon1234
New User

NSA Application Process
Feb 10th, 2003 at 7:30pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I realize that this may not be an appropriate forum for my inquiry.  However I am hopefull that someone can answer my question or perhaps refer me to another source of information.   

I would like to know what types of past behavior can disqualify an applicant to the NSA. If I should clearly be disqualified because of my past I do not want to beat the polygraph or put myself through any unnecessary stress.

My concern is over marijuana use, about 3 times in the last 7 years, the most recent being about 7 months ago.  I also used a harder drug several times about 7 years ago.  Will this automatically disqualify me?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Re: NSA Application Process
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2003 at 7:58pm
The NSA is covered by Executive Order 12968 and Director of Central Intelligence Directive 6/4.

Refer to DCID 6/4, Annex C, Guideline H, 26.(a).  While there are no concrete guidelines (i.e. FBI drug usage policy), they are concerned with "recent usage."

How this is interpreted is up to the agency.  There is no hard and fast rule in writing concerning time or frequency.

Regards.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box False +
Senior User

Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2003 at 9:51pm
anon1234,

In general background investigators for national security positions frown on recent drug use, be it the hard stuff or the light stuff. An NSA position requires a Top Secret clearance at the minimum, and drug use as recent as some months ago will definitely not act in your favor. I suppose it depends on whether they think you are a habitual user or a one time experimentor. Unfortunately, when it comes to drugs, these investigators tend not to believe in one-time events and typically construe any admission to one-time use into a pattern drug abuse. If your admission does not disqualify you, your polygrapher will grill you on the specifics, and they will rely on your polygraph to check if you've done more drugs.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Michael

Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2008 at 2:35pm
If you have never ben convicted of a crime, but stood in front of a family judge for "Terrtisic Threat" when you are a minor...would they find and disqualify you?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

NSA Application Process
Reply #4 - Oct 14th, 2008 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
This Topic was moved here from Polygraph Policy [move by] Administrator.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

NSA Application Process

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X