Normal Topic polygraph Tomorrow in tha afternoon need help (Read 3713 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kage
New User

polygraph Tomorrow in tha afternoon need help
Jan 27th, 2003 at 4:07am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
My other poly was delayed i dont know why, but now i'm nerves as hell, Lats time i took a poly i fail in truth. The questionthat i fail and know is becaus i saw my poly report. they were 
1. Have i ever used drugs.
2. Theft from a prior employee
3. falsification of application.
I never did any of these things, i was simply nerves and didn't know how a poly worked. I read TLBTLD manual and i just wanna need to know if im correct, i must use my countermeasures when i have a control question, so can i think into the question with joyful thoughts or contract my spincter. An why was i instructed that the poly will be for 8 hours.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Marty
Especially Senior User

Re: polygraph Tomorrow in tha afternoon need help
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2003 at 5:00am
Kage wrote on Jan 27th, 2003 at 4:07am:

....An why was i instructed that the poly will be for 8 hours.

To hazard a guess, it's to provide time for interrogation.  Sounds like the polygraph is a prop. Since you are presumably innocent, countermeasures may not produce the results you expect since they really don't care about your responses, and are just using the poly as a prop.  Do yourself a favor and do NOT admit to anything you didn't do.  Do the the rest of us a favor and admit to what you DID do.

Get a lawyer.

-marty

Leaf my Philodenrons alone.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2003 at 5:03am
i'm not worried about that because my record is clean i never stole from my employers and have never, never used drugs and had no reason to falsify my application. I just wanna know whats the best way to counter the control questions.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2003 at 5:10am
Don't worry about the polygraph. It can't be used in court. Just remember, you have the right to terminate the polygraph and walk out if you feel abused. Express yourself and do not let them intimidate you.

-Marty

IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2003 at 5:22am
It's just that last year i was disqualified from the process and this year i dont wanna mess up i really wanna become a police officer. An i dont wanna fail over something that i never did, u know the false positive or incunclusive conclusion.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #5 - Jan 27th, 2003 at 5:46am
Assuming you are telling the truth, download and read TLBTLD until you understand it intuitively.  You will then understand what they are doing and why and what you have to do.

Good luck and remember that it's a bit of a crapshoot. Do not let it wreck your life. There are many other opportunities that are great ways to serve and be proud of yourself.

-Marty

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Batman
Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Jan 27th, 2003 at 11:32pm
Kage,

Are you kidding us or what?!?

What department are you considering, or better yet, what department is considering you?

As for your polygraph, if in fact you are scheduled to take one, tighten the old butt hole and then go to your happy place; it's where you will most likely end up anyway.

Batman

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #7 - Jan 28th, 2003 at 5:32am

Marty wrote on Jan 27th, 2003 at 5:46am:

Good luck and remember that it's a bit of a crapshoot. 

Dear Marty,

Your eleven words of wisdom represent the whole of polygraph examination as used in pre-screening.  Many accountants use the phrase "figures can lie" and "liars can figure."  I am reserving judgement on specific incident, GKT, and other forms of polygraph usage but no reasonable person would use polygraph results alone (without background checks and videotape of the examination for appeal purposes) and expect any more than chance outcome.  There is no quality control or desire to validate the results leaving the outcome to chance, bias, or "crapshoot."

Truly, our sense of "national security" is being left to the roll of a dice (fifty/fifty) crapshoot with the house claiming more then the normal "10% take" and leaving many applicants out in the cold with no opportunities to question the roll of the dice.

The weakness of the system is only evident to anyone with an objective view.

Like any test or licensing procedure, those who have been grandfathered (and never had to submit to polygraph examination) tend to defend the procedure to extend the "exclusiveness of the club" despite any shortcomings that the procedure might have.

Regards.

IP Logged

polygraph Tomorrow in tha afternoon need help

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X