Normal Topic Scott Ritter (Read 2888 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Scott Ritter
Jan 26th, 2003 at 7:26pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I'm curious if anyone has information with regard to any polygraph interrogations Mr. Ritter may have undergone in order to gain his clearance rating(s).

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Scott Ritter
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2003 at 7:46pm
Beech Trees,

I found a 12 October 1998 Washington Post article by Barton Gellman titled, "Arms Inspectors 'Shake the Tree'" archived on the web that mentions Mr. Ritter having been polygraphed for a job with the CIA:

http://www.nci.org/v-w-x/wp101298.htm

Quote:
The Clinton administration was more and more worried about Ritter, and about Israel. During a polygraph examination in late 1996, taken as part of his application for a job at the CIA, Ritter was asked about his overseas work. "They ask, 'Have you ever had contact with a foreign intelligence agency?' " said one U.S. official. "You say yes and it sends these guys . . . into orbit.

Scott came in with a list." Ritter's answers were referred to the FBI, which began a counterintelligence investigation. Among the concerns was his August 1991 marriage to Marina Khatiashvili, a former Soviet Georgian interpreter for the American team that had monitored an arms control pact in Votkinsk. Ritter had been married when they met, and he and colleagues insist that his romance with Khatiashvili began after he left Votkinsk. But her job had required her to report to the KGB, and Ritter knew he was imperiling his security clearance by marrying her, even afterward. "I was in love with Marina," Ritter said.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2003 at 9:57pm
Thanks for the cite George... I guess I was just wondering how someone who is almost without question a pedophile could manage to pass the CIA's 'lifestyle' polygraph interrogation.

Dave

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2003 at 10:18pm

Quote:

Thanks for the cite George... I guess I was just wondering how someone who is almost without question a pedophile could manage to pass the CIA's 'lifestyle' polygraph interrogation.

Dave

According to a July, 1999 Washingtonian article, Ritter didn't get the job at the CIA based soley on the answers he gave on the counterintelligence portion of the polygraph.  From the way the article is written, it seems the polygraph "test" may not have even gotten as far as the "lifestyle" section.

Skeptic

IP Logged

Scott Ritter

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X