Normal Topic I have a Poly in 5 days need Help BAD! (Read 2496 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kage
New User

I have a Poly in 5 days need Help BAD!
Jan 17th, 2003 at 6:39am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
i have taken a polygraph before and failed, actually took 2 and failed both, but this poly i must beat i really want to work for this agency. last time i failed even though i told the truth an my appeal was not accepted. Can anyone please give me some advise. i have read the LBTLD manual but still need advise from some one that has beat it . Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Vato

Re:  I have a Poly in 5 days need Help BAD!
Reply #1 - Jan 17th, 2003 at 7:16am
What was the basis for your appeal?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Re:  I have a Poly in 5 days need Help BAD!
Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2003 at 2:57pm

Kage wrote on Jan 17th, 2003 at 6:39am:

Can anyone please give me some advise. i have read the LBTLD manual but still need advise from some one that has beat it .

Dear Kage,

The polygraph examination is directly dependent on weak science and even the most adament polygraph proponent states that the operator must be "proficient" and is the key to the whole operation.  

The term "beating the machine" is all relative.  You can beat the machine because the "input" is subject to manipulation by the examinee but you cannot beat examiner bias or predisposition.  It is a calculated gamble in any case.  There are no predictable outcomes which have been studied or documented which meet current  scientific criteria for test but it is used and will still be used for some time.

There is no way for the machine to assure it can tell deception and there is no way for an examinee to assure he will "pass."  

All you can do is read the "The Lie Behind the Dectector" and do your best to tell the truth (even if they expect you to lie in order to determine this).

If the above sounds stupid and doubles back on itself, welcome to the twisted world of polygraph procedure.

IP Logged

I have a Poly in 5 days need Help BAD!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X